Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Need a Good Gun Case

Go down 
+4
A. sniper
DrummerBoyz95
alexkmmll
david
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ostentatious1
Private
Private
Ostentatious1

Need a Good Gun Case - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Need a Good Gun Case   Need a Good Gun Case - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 11:45 pm

NoNeed2Hate: Where were you that you saw a suppressor on an AK out of curiosity Wink

Airsoft wise, I understand why you'd do it.

david: are you making a "Dragunov" version?

Because the AK is made for grunts (no offense), reliable, & dummy proof.
I know, I own a good one I picked up from Bulgaria. Heh.
But what I'm saying is that the closest I've seen them used in a special purpose weapon, like one you'd attach a Suppressor to... has been with a grenade launcher, or the longer barrel version (Dragunov clone) - and no Suppressor even then.

I love my real AK.

There I go again. Posting off topic. You all just keep SUCKING ME BACK IN! Haha
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: Need a Good Gun Case   Need a Good Gun Case - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 11:48 pm

No he's getting an AK length tight bore for his M4 and putting a suppressor over the excess length. Theoretically it would be the same length as an AK, which is why he wants an AK length case.

Suppressor on an AK would probably be seen in airsoft...?
Back to top Go down
Ostentatious1
Private
Private
Ostentatious1

PostSubject: Re: Need a Good Gun Case   Need a Good Gun Case - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 12:31 am

You made me get up, get a tape measure and get these figures for you:
Now keep in mind these measurements are from real steal versions, Airsoft may vary of course -

M4 collapsed: 30 1/2"
M4 Extended: 33 3/4"

AK: 35"

So depending on the length of the suppressor, that would work.
Do you plan to carry the gun with supressor mounted?
If not - the "Leapers DC Series Tactical Gun Case" I posted earlier fits my M4 & AK great.
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: Need a Good Gun Case   Need a Good Gun Case - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 12:39 am

Ostentatious1 wrote:
Do you plan to carry the gun with supressor mounted?
If not - the "Leapers DC Series Tactical Gun Case" I posted earlier fits my M4 & AK great.
Even if he took off the suppressor the inner barrel would still run the original length.
Back to top Go down
Ostentatious1
Private
Private
Ostentatious1

PostSubject: Re: Need a Good Gun Case   Need a Good Gun Case - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 1:54 am

I thought some guys ran a longer inner barrel (than their outer) w/a suppressor full time?
Don't know what david has got planned though other than a tightbore barrel, only trying to guess.

Earlier david said "I'm gonna put the supressor on the G&G" which is a M4 variant. Then he said "I want an AK sized back cause I'm gonna put a supressor on it and it'll be about the same size." then he said "Yeah thats the reason for the supressor, I'm getting an AK length 6.01 TBB and a supressor"

But he lists his "Secondary Weapon: G&G MPK5"

So... I grasping for facts here.
David - help us out.
I can can only assume that he's getting one for each, apparently a AK and the G&G, and a MPK5 he listed?!
Back to top Go down
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

PostSubject: Re: Need a Good Gun Case   Need a Good Gun Case - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 2:16 am

From my understanding he wants a gun bag that will fit an AK because after he puts the suppressor on his m4 it will be around AK length
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: Need a Good Gun Case   Need a Good Gun Case - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 2:54 am

It really is not hard to understand at all if you read all the posts.

He has an M4.
He is getting an AK length tight bore which is longer than an M4 inner barrel.
He wants a suppressor to cover up the excess inner barrel that sticks out of his M4.
He wants an AK sized gun case because he believes his M4 would be around AK length with the suppressor.
However his M4 will really be about 5 inches longer than an AK.

The end. Want me to reword it again? Ok,

He has a standard length M4 right now, and when he puts a suppressor & longer barrel in it he thinks it would be around AK length. Decent assumption because it's an AK length barrel. However, since the overall length of the M4 is not much different than the AK, he is incorrect in thinking that it will be standard AK length. It will factually be about AK length + 5", if he uses a MadBull 6" suppressor.

To finally answer David's goddamned question, your best bet is something like this http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=28_98&products_id=5222. But be warned, low price usually means mediocre quality -- I'd rather get a nice one from at least Condor, even better BlackHawk or something else.

I'm tired.
Back to top Go down
Ostentatious1
Private
Private
Ostentatious1

PostSubject: Re: Need a Good Gun Case   Need a Good Gun Case - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 11:40 am

DrummerBoyz95: Wow, that was a little... sassy! Heh. Thank you though, I was confused, that's why I was asking the questions - that obviously annoyed those of you that DID understand what hes going for. If that's whats going on then yes you are right - and he should have all the sources for a case he needs now.
Back to top Go down
david
Major
Major
david

PostSubject: Re: Need a Good Gun Case   Need a Good Gun Case - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 12:50 pm

Ostentatious1 wrote:
DrummerBoyz95: Wow, that was a little... sassy! Heh. Thank you though, I was confused, that's why I was asking the questions - that obviously annoyed those of you that DID understand what hes going for. If that's whats going on then yes you are right - and he should have all the sources for a case he needs now.

Thanks you for the gun bag suggestions. And I don't have an mpk5, i was gonna but got my GBB instead. I gotta change that.
Back to top Go down
A. sniper
Major
Major
A. sniper

PostSubject: Re: Need a Good Gun Case   Need a Good Gun Case - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 3:57 pm

here's a couple that should fit an ak

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=28_98&products_id=1192

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=28_98&products_id=5412

and one that you could carry multiple guns and mags in. it's a little more expensive, but it's "watch your language" cool!

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=28_98&products_id=2758
Back to top Go down
david
Major
Major
david

PostSubject: Re: Need a Good Gun Case   Need a Good Gun Case - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 13, 2010 10:39 pm

A. sniper wrote:
here's a couple that should fit an ak

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=28_98&products_id=1192

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=28_98&products_id=5412

and one that you could carry multiple guns and mags in. it's a little more expensive, but it's "watch your language" cool!

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=28_98&products_id=2758

I think I'll get the third one
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need a Good Gun Case   Need a Good Gun Case - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need a Good Gun Case
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2