Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Preferred BB"s for snipping

Go down 
+10
TheJim
slob212
sticks.13
Admin
Sniper004
DOA Draven
Satan
Alabama_Sniper
Lone Wolf
crzyhockeyman14
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
crzyhockeyman14
Private
Private

Preferred BB"s for snipping Empty
PostSubject: Preferred BB"s for snipping   Preferred BB"s for snipping Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 7:08 pm

Hey guys i was wondering what kind of BB's you guys use or prefer to use during battle, like the .25g,.28g.30g. let me know what you guys think thanks for your time Cool
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Preferred BB"s for snipping   Preferred BB"s for snipping Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 7:59 pm

Well i use .23's but it really depends on the power of your sniper rifle.

There is a specific formula for calculating the total joules of output, then another for finding the most accurate bb.
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
crzyhockeyman14
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Preferred BB"s for snipping   Preferred BB"s for snipping Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 8:09 pm

well what im really looking for is the good accuracy but as much distance as possible. im getting the Well L96 sniper it puts out about 480-490 with.20gs but i heard you don't get the best accuracy with that so like i think the .28g would be the best for me but im just trying to get experienced snipers opinions thanks for helping out. Wink
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Preferred BB"s for snipping   Preferred BB"s for snipping Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 8:44 pm

well im not a sniper, this is just common physics. a .28 you wouldn't like because i can tell it wouldn't satisfy your desire for range, try .25 first, then if you want heavier just try a little heavier bb.
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Preferred BB"s for snipping   Preferred BB"s for snipping Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 9:24 pm

I use 20's mostly sometimes 25's but for the money 20's are what I use in my gun .
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/alabamaairsoft
Satan
Major
Major
Satan

PostSubject: Re: Preferred BB"s for snipping   Preferred BB"s for snipping Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 9:35 pm

i use .20s for scout sniping for defense i use .25 and for suppourt i use .28s
Back to top Go down
crzyhockeyman14
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Preferred BB"s for snipping   Preferred BB"s for snipping Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 9:47 pm

well my friends place that we play at is on a big valley its a old paintball courses but its long in leagenth so im not worried about CQB just more of what yopu guys call thos long money shots lol
Back to top Go down
DOA Draven
Private
Private
DOA Draven

PostSubject: Re: Preferred BB"s for snipping   Preferred BB"s for snipping Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 5:11 am

I use .25 BBs as they best suit my gun, i.e the straightest over distance and consistant. I also use black BBs so that my target has less chance to see where the BBs are coming from.

Useful chart detailing fps/energy

Preferred BB"s for snipping Airsoft-fpsgraph
Back to top Go down
Sniper004
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sniper004

PostSubject: Re: Preferred BB"s for snipping   Preferred BB"s for snipping Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 10:15 am

i use .30 matrix bbs with my l96 (white) i like white because i can see them when i shoot
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Preferred BB"s for snipping   Preferred BB"s for snipping Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 1:16 pm

This has already been asked.

https://airsoftforum.darkbb.com/ask-a-pro-f24/bb-s-for-utg-l96-t290.htm

I will say though that .2g is way too light for a sniper rifle. I don't care how far a BB will travel, it if still doesn't hit the target because the darn thing is too light what does the distance matter anyway? Sniper rifles should be all about accuracy first, distance second. If you don't have a bolt-action that's accurate you're worthless as a sniper. .25g is the lightest, in my opinion, that you should ever go with a sniper rifle. I mean, I use .25g in my AEG for goodness sakes! Sniper rifles have such high FPS not so you can brag about it to your friends or shoot .2g BBs half a mile, it's so you can afford to put in heavier BBs and still have decent range. If I were in your shoes I'd buy a bag of .25g BBs (KSC Perfects) and see how I like them. If you want more accuracy then go up to .28g BBs.

Weight = Accuracy (respectively)
Range (distance) = MEANINGLESS without accuracy
Back to top Go down
http://www.theairsoftsniper.com
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: Preferred BB"s for snipping   Preferred BB"s for snipping Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 5:37 pm

I use .25's in my VSR(Stock spring, I might switch to .3 after I see how high my upgraded spring is).

Oh yeh I picked up a bag of the Excel bio .25's from airsoft smith ill have to let you know how they work out(being bio's).

sticks
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: Preferred BB"s for snipping   Preferred BB"s for snipping Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 5:41 pm

cheers HATS OFF TO ADMIN cheers ,

Guys don´t forget that that the weights of the BB´s we use and how the travel from point ´´A´´ to point ``B´´( Hit) is affected by pretty much everything !!

First start with the gun itself, if you don´t set the Hop-Up right for the weight of the BB that you are using, you coudn´t hit the ground without trying. Evil or Very Mad

Second you have to take the weather into account, Wind, Temp, Humidity, you may be shooting great on Friday, but come Saturday when the Temp has gone up 10 degrees, and you have a slight breeze your lucky to hit a guy 30 meters away who is eating his lunch. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

If you are measuring 480-490 with 0,20g BB´s, like admin stated as a starting point good 0,25g BB´s are in order. Heavier weights will improve your accuracy, be prepared to go to 0,28´s to bring in a nice shot group, and then later to 0,30g for 1 BB,1 Hit shooting.

Remember 0,20g BB´s are the standard BB used for Measuring the energy output, as you increase weight, the FPS will fall, but your energy output remains the same. The heavier BB will carry the energy longer increasing your range, the Hop-Up is what will increase your accuracy, the art here is finding at what weight in reguards to what power output you achieve the best results.

Example, my guns

CA SCAR-L 380FPS 0,30G
SRC M4 470FPS 0,28G

Same barrel length, almost identical internals, Different Hop-Up, Hop-Up rubber.

PSG1 680fps 0,43G But here we are talking about over 4Joules of energy.

Also consistancy is an absolut MUST, if you measure your gun to be shooting 400 and 480, the difference is to large to be even thinking about what BB weight to be using, should be thinking about where you have an air leak.

As stated 480-490 is ok, but still I would think about an air leak, 480 is a measured energy output of 2,14 Joules, 490 is 2,23 Joules, dosn´t sound like much, but when comes to choosing the right BB to use, it can make a difference.

Before I forget, Like ADMIN said, use quality BB´s, if you are going to zero in your gun, you will never do it with garbage BB´s.

Quote :
Weight = Accuracy (respectively)
Range (distance) = MEANINGLESS without accuracy

So true !!!
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: Preferred BB"s for snipping   Preferred BB"s for snipping Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 5:44 pm

@sticks.13,

Please let me know how well your VSR performs after the Tuning, I don´t work much with Springers, but have started to take an intrest in them.

P.S. You should have no problems with the EXCELS, they are a quality brand, if you want some really good Bio´s go with HIDD, they have never let me down.
Back to top Go down
TheJim
Sergeant
Sergeant
TheJim

PostSubject: Re: Preferred BB"s for snipping   Preferred BB"s for snipping Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 5:01 pm

Jesus in the US you guys use REALLY light ammo!

I normally use Digicon .36s in my upgraded VSR. Sometimes i use .3s by the same company if I have to swap out for a less powerful spring to play at an urban site.

And

SGM .29s when I have the chance! But they are soooo expensive and in short supply, but without a doubt the best ammo on the market

£10 ($17 ish) per 500 though...

Best accuracy of any bbs i've ever used
Back to top Go down
makyong
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Preferred BB"s for snipping   Preferred BB"s for snipping Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 1:19 pm

sir jim:

.29 sgm is the best so far...
next to it is .30 KSC perfect..
of course, you have to consider othr hings like HOP ups,barrel,etc..
mind i brag my gun here? no offense meant..my apology..

6.00mm mega tightbull barrel +shredder concave spacer+ edgi kits = 65meters dead center shots..can shoot an egg at that distance(630fps) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Preferred BB"s for snipping   Preferred BB"s for snipping Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2008 7:19 pm

Again , owch , just hearing , or well in this case , reading that word 630 fps makes me hurt just about all over my airsoft scars . Anyway , I use .25s , they are great for long range targets , about over 50 yards or so , and I also use .28s , they are great for close range , about 50 yards and less , but this situation is in fair weather when the wind is at a reasonalby velocity , my spotter will fill me in on the weather condisions , and I will then use up to .30 to .36 gram bbs , but only if abolutly nessecary , because of the dirasitic drop in fps . I got an inner barrel upgrade for my L-96 , not it shoots somewhere around oh say , 485 fps with .28s ,a and almost 500 fps with .25s give or take .
Back to top Go down
TheJim
Sergeant
Sergeant
TheJim

PostSubject: Re: Preferred BB"s for snipping   Preferred BB"s for snipping Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 7:38 am

I have explained this in another post somewhere that people should really stop believing that heavier bb = less fps = less range, because it actually means MORE range up to a certain point, and to me, the FPS doesn't matter because it only effects how long the BB takes to reach the target, which shouldn't be an issue because the target won't know they are being shot at until they are hit. It makes hitting moving targets harder because you have to lead them more, but a skilled sniper can learn this with relative ease.

Jim
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: Preferred BB"s for snipping   Preferred BB"s for snipping Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 9:51 am

@ TheJim

Those comments have been made quite a bit, some people just refuse to believe that with a heavier BB the measured FPS will be lower, but the energy output remains the same, the heavier BB will carry the energy longer, there by increasing range and stability.

I guess until they try it themselves, they just won´t realize the benifits.
Back to top Go down
TheJim
Sergeant
Sergeant
TheJim

PostSubject: Re: Preferred BB"s for snipping   Preferred BB"s for snipping Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 10:25 am

I just made a pot about this in the FAQ section
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Preferred BB"s for snipping   Preferred BB"s for snipping Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 12:18 pm

I mean , I understand that the connetic energy from the hop up will carry the heavier bb farther , just with not as much power . But I just have gotten acustomed to using my .28s and .25s , and yes sometimes I still even us .20s or .30s . Just call it a habit I guess .
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: Preferred BB"s for snipping   Preferred BB"s for snipping Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 3:42 pm

A-S, actually Heavier BB´s at longer ranges will hit with more energy than lighter BB´s
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Preferred BB"s for snipping   Preferred BB"s for snipping Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 4:07 pm

True , but still , I believe I'll just stay the way that I am , w ell you know , fps and bbs wise , anyway . I am all for improvements , but this one I'll just let it slide .
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: Preferred BB"s for snipping   Preferred BB"s for snipping Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 4:27 pm

Wink
Back to top Go down
killyouno5
Major
Major
killyouno5

PostSubject: Re: Preferred BB"s for snipping   Preferred BB"s for snipping Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 5:47 pm

ok here is how I picture a heavier bb doing more damage...

what would you rather be hit with a ferrarie going 50mph or a semi truck going 30mph?
Most people would say the ferrarie because it weighs less and will do more damage when it hits, but the semi due to the weight and the velocity will do alot more. kinda like the difference between a .2g bb and a .3g bb.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=567300653
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: Preferred BB"s for snipping   Preferred BB"s for snipping Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2008 5:54 pm

Well I would probably die either way, but if you put it like this...

Would you rather be hit by a car going 10MPH or a train going 5MPH.

To give you an idea how much the train would suck... One of my friends recently broke every bone in his arm when he got hit by a train. He got hit at 3MPH and actually dodged the main part of a train and got hit by a ladder...

A while back a friend of my brothers(college kid), had to stumble across the street from the party house to his house. Got hit by a Civic going 10MPH and got a few bruises. Now he looks left right left before he crosses anything(including shopping isles).

Both of them are alright now, but that should give everyone an idea about BB weight.

sticks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Preferred BB"s for snipping   Preferred BB"s for snipping Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Preferred BB"s for snipping
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next