Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Gerber Knives

Go down 
+9
Ranger94
Breckton
gentry
Spl. Durkee
DrummerBoyz95
iliveforthis99
sticks.13
phredryxun92
NoNeed2Hate
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
iliveforthis99
Colonel
Colonel
iliveforthis99

Gerber Knives - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gerber Knives   Gerber Knives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 1:42 am

Yeah they can be freakishly expensive but worth it. I need to get another one which will probably be one of their modern updated versions so i can use it for general knife stuff. I can't bear to use my classic one for anything serious lol.
Back to top Go down
http://cvaa.webs.com
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Gerber Knives   Gerber Knives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 1:53 am

While we're on the subject...I haven't been able to get a straight answer from anyone.

What's the legality of carrying a 4" folding blade w/o AO in your pant pocket?
Is that considered a "concealed weapon"?
Back to top Go down
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

PostSubject: Re: Gerber Knives   Gerber Knives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 1:56 am

I have actually had a thing for Kabars Very Happy I think they just have a look to them that is so great.

I agree with you on old style Kabars, my dad got one as a gift, and he never uses it (old style)
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: Gerber Knives   Gerber Knives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 4:34 am

Spl. Durkee wrote:
While we're on the subject...I haven't been able to get a straight answer from anyone.

What's the legality of carrying a 4" folding blade w/o AO in your pant pocket?
Is that considered a "concealed weapon"?
It's only considered a weapon if it cannot be locked or folded so that the blade is not exposed. Even still you could legally carry a 4" fixed blade, but it can't be concealed.

Hypothetically, you could have a custom made 14 inch folder and it would be legal to stick in your pants as long as the blade can be locked in the "down" position and needs applied pressure to lock it "up". This guy explains everything pretty well http://www.ninehundred.com/~equalccw/knifelaw.html
Back to top Go down
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

PostSubject: Re: Gerber Knives   Gerber Knives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 4:58 am

well in reality, i don't need to carry a knife with me for any reason.
Back to top Go down
iliveforthis99
Colonel
Colonel
iliveforthis99

PostSubject: Re: Gerber Knives   Gerber Knives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 2:23 pm

Really? A knife is always a good thing to have on hand.
Back to top Go down
Breckton
Sergeant
Sergeant
Breckton

PostSubject: Re: Gerber Knives   Gerber Knives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 3:21 pm

Yeah, I've used my numinous times.
Back to top Go down
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

PostSubject: Re: Gerber Knives   Gerber Knives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 3:52 pm

iliveforthis99 wrote:
Really? A knife is always a good thing to have on hand.

My body is a weapon (im talking in terms of defense. i don't need a knife) Razz but for utility purposes it would be handy~
Back to top Go down
phredryxun92
Sergeant
Sergeant
phredryxun92

PostSubject: Re: Gerber Knives   Gerber Knives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 6:19 pm

I second the K-Bar awsome knifes. And I would say a knife does come in handy every once and a while if you have it on you.
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: Gerber Knives   Gerber Knives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 10:43 pm

NN2H, I'm glad you think you only need your body to protect yourself. You wrong though... You should look up some police reports on rape cases, or kidnappings; then rethink your "my body is my only weapon" theory. I used to be just as cocky a few years ago...

sticks
Back to top Go down
gentry
Major
Major
gentry

PostSubject: Re: Gerber Knives   Gerber Knives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 12:21 am

Knives are quick silent and deadly dip the tip in venom just don't stab yourself
Back to top Go down
http://bwbairsoft.proboards.com/index.cgi
alexkmmll
Major
Major
alexkmmll

PostSubject: Re: Gerber Knives   Gerber Knives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 12:25 am

Why would you dip the tip in venom?
Back to top Go down
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

PostSubject: Re: Gerber Knives   Gerber Knives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 1:11 am

sticks.13 wrote:
NN2H, I'm glad you think you only need your body to protect yourself. You wrong though... You should look up some police reports on rape cases, or kidnappings; then rethink your "my body is my only weapon" theory. I used to be just as cocky a few years ago...

sticks

Don't worry, the cockiness is just verbal. I usually say one thing but do another Wink
My body is a weapon so that plus a knife = even better weapon Very Happy how's that? Smile
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: Gerber Knives   Gerber Knives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 2:01 am

alexkmmll wrote:
Why would you dip the tip in venom?
Yeah I hope that was a joke gentry lol.

Knives are only quick and silent in the hands of a skilled artist. In a usual panicky self defense situation, you're just going to thrash around hoping you gash or puncture an important part. If you do, it's loud and messy.
Back to top Go down
iliveforthis99
Colonel
Colonel
iliveforthis99

PostSubject: Re: Gerber Knives   Gerber Knives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 3:26 am

Very true, if you don't know how to fight with a knife you might as not even take it out. Also the vast majority of martial arts that are taught in the states are full of crap moves or deal with fighting that follows rules (ring rights, casual sparing). On the streets there are no rules, thus putting a serious handicap on anyone that goes into a "real" fight relying on their moves.
Back to top Go down
gentry
Major
Major
gentry

PostSubject: Re: Gerber Knives   Gerber Knives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 9:31 am

it was it was lol a knife in self defense is good just make sure they don't have a gun or ballistic knife
Back to top Go down
iliveforthis99
Colonel
Colonel
iliveforthis99

PostSubject: Re: Gerber Knives   Gerber Knives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 12:46 pm

Have you ever fought someone with a knife? A knife just isn't something you can pick up and use effectively if you don't know how to use it. At most you probably would just be slashing wildly which believe it or not causes little damage as a whole. To actually stab someone you would have to probably of grappled with them which isn't something you want to do, especially if they also have a knife. Or you'd need to get a jump on them which endangers your right to claim self defense, also not good. If you know basic self defense you're better off without a knife that you don't know how to use.
Back to top Go down
gentry
Major
Major
gentry

PostSubject: Re: Gerber Knives   Gerber Knives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 1:03 pm

No but my uncle got into one with an insurgent he has all these scars from where.he try to get control of him ok were off topic back to the gerber so the multi tool is it any good
Back to top Go down
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

PostSubject: Re: Gerber Knives   Gerber Knives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 1:46 pm

iliveforthis99 wrote:
Very true, if you don't know how to fight with a knife you might as not even take it out. Also the vast majority of martial arts that are taught in the states are full of crap moves or deal with fighting that follows rules (ring rights, casual sparing). On the streets there are no rules, thus putting a serious handicap on anyone that goes into a "real" fight relying on their moves.

agreed there is indeed a lot of crap in martial arts that is useless, and agreed there are no rules in a street fight. \"Watch your language\" i would kick some guy in the balls if thats what it takes. sure its dirty, but there is no rule saying i can't Very Happy

Also agree with you on the knife, it does indeed take some manner of skill. You're more likely to hurt yourself slashing around wildly than the opposition.
Back to top Go down
iliveforthis99
Colonel
Colonel
iliveforthis99

PostSubject: Re: Gerber Knives   Gerber Knives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 4:00 pm

NoNeed2Hate wrote:

"Watch your language" i would kick some guy in the balls if thats what it takes. sure its dirty, but there is no rule saying i can't Very Happy

Ringing the trolley bell as my teacher would say. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
gentry
Major
Major
gentry

PostSubject: Re: Gerber Knives   Gerber Knives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 4:34 pm

Slashing wildly your more likely to cause harm too you
Back to top Go down
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

PostSubject: Re: Gerber Knives   Gerber Knives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 6:15 pm

gentry wrote:
Slashing wildly your more likely to cause harm too you

which is exactly what i said in my statement.
Back to top Go down
gentry
Major
Major
gentry

PostSubject: Re: Gerber Knives   Gerber Knives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 6:29 pm

was agreeing i didn't have time to put all of it in i was in the middle of biology and teacher was coming
Back to top Go down
alexkmmll
Major
Major
alexkmmll

PostSubject: Re: Gerber Knives   Gerber Knives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 19, 2010 7:48 pm

A good way to fight with a knife is to be on the defensive. Get in a defensive pose by standing sideways to your 'target' with your dominant side and hand (the one with the knife in it) behind you , and your free arm out infront of you to protect your face and upper body from blows. Instead of slashing wildly, let the other person take the initiative. When they lunge or try to make a move on you, bring your arm forward in a stabbing motion (don't slash. Slashing is unaffective if not done properly) and aim for the belly (Away from any ribs or bones that could cause you to break your wrist if you hit them), or even the neck if the fight is to that point. Your opponent will most likely be attempting to carry out his own move while your attacking him, so he will not be expecting the sudden blow.
WARNING: Anything that has been stated in this paragraph should not be used unless no other option is availible. I shall not be held accountable for any injuries (or deaths) that are caused by improper (or proper) use of this technique. XD
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

PostSubject: Re: Gerber Knives   Gerber Knives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 1:16 pm

gentry wrote:
it was it was lol a knife in self defense is good just make sure they don't have a gun or ballistic knife
LOL really?
I'm guesing you own COD: BlackOps as well Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gerber Knives   Gerber Knives - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gerber Knives
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next