Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Gerber Knives

Go down 
+9
Ranger94
Breckton
gentry
Spl. Durkee
DrummerBoyz95
iliveforthis99
sticks.13
phredryxun92
NoNeed2Hate
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
iliveforthis99
Colonel
Colonel
iliveforthis99

Gerber Knives - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gerber Knives   Gerber Knives - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 1:35 pm

Which are illegal in the US by the way.
Back to top Go down
http://cvaa.webs.com
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Gerber Knives   Gerber Knives - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 2:04 pm

iliveforthis99 wrote:
Which are illegal in the US by the way.
Meh, in California animals are banned from mating publicly within 1,500 feet of a tavern, school, or place of worship....but we do it anyway Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Wertuk
Captain
Captain
Wertuk

PostSubject: Re: Gerber Knives   Gerber Knives - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 5:24 pm

gentry wrote:
it was it was lol a knife in self defense is good just make sure they don't have a gun or ballistic knife
But not if I have marathon or lightweigt, I can get in knife range fast, also it helps to use commando. Besides, if they are far away, I always carry my crossbow.
Back to top Go down
gentry
Major
Major
gentry

PostSubject: Re: Gerber Knives   Gerber Knives - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 6:24 pm

no wetuk i know a guy who actually has a ballistic
Back to top Go down
http://bwbairsoft.proboards.com/index.cgi
A. sniper
Major
Major
A. sniper

PostSubject: Re: Gerber Knives   Gerber Knives - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 8:18 pm

DrummerBoyz95 wrote:
"Your lockblade folding knife should have a thumbstud, thumb"hole", thumb "disk" or similar push-thingy, so long as the "thingy" is attached directly to the blade (versus on the grip and linked up via a gearbox of sorts). It should not have a spring that does ALL the opening (yes, the Kershaw Ken Onion series seems to be OK). And finally, the blade needs to have at least some tendency to stay closed in the pocket or whatever bias a "bias towards closure" or "detent" (discussed in more detail later in this chapter).

As long as it's got all that, and the vast majority (including all eight knives discussed at the bottom of this document) do, it cannot be "declared a gravity knife or switchblade" even if you can snap it open with relish Smile. And you can carry it concealed so long as it's concealed in the FULLY closed position, or open-carry if that's your thing (not recommended for BIG stuff, in case you happen on a town with a funky local ordinance or a really cranky cop).

There's no length limit. Seriously Smile."

Source: http://www.ninehundred.com/~equalccw/knifelaw.html
are you sure that's the knife laws for california? cause I know alot of states (including tx) have a 6" limit (which is huge. I have a knife that's just under six inches and it's enourmous for EDC). also, in using a knife in self defense, it can merely be held in the dominant hand. when you would punch with that hand, use the knife to stab instead, making it a deadly stab when it would've normally been a punch. think of your knife as an extension of your hand (albeit a sharp one).
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Gerber Knives   Gerber Knives - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 9:07 pm

A. sniper wrote:
DrummerBoyz95 wrote:
"Your lockblade folding knife should have a thumbstud, thumb"hole", thumb "disk" or similar push-thingy, so long as the "thingy" is attached directly to the blade (versus on the grip and linked up via a gearbox of sorts). It should not have a spring that does ALL the opening (yes, the Kershaw Ken Onion series seems to be OK). And finally, the blade needs to have at least some tendency to stay closed in the pocket or whatever bias a "bias towards closure" or "detent" (discussed in more detail later in this chapter).

As long as it's got all that, and the vast majority (including all eight knives discussed at the bottom of this document) do, it cannot be "declared a gravity knife or switchblade" even if you can snap it open with relish Smile. And you can carry it concealed so long as it's concealed in the FULLY closed position, or open-carry if that's your thing (not recommended for BIG stuff, in case you happen on a town with a funky local ordinance or a really cranky cop).

There's no length limit. Seriously Smile."

Source: http://www.ninehundred.com/~equalccw/knifelaw.html
are you sure that's the knife laws for california? cause I know alot of states (including tx) have a 6" limit (which is huge. I have a knife that's just under six inches and it's enourmous for EDC). also, in using a knife in self defense, it can merely be held in the dominant hand. when you would punch with that hand, use the knife to stab instead, making it a deadly stab when it would've normally been a punch. think of your knife as an extension of your hand (albeit a sharp one).
"Real world" confrontations last mere seconds. If you've ever been involved in a scuffle that involved blades, you'd know that you really don't feel the resulting injuries until afterward when your adrenaline chills. We had a thread going on here and I talked about getting jumped on my way home from school 2 years ago and I didn't feel the cut on my wrist until I got home and saw the blood on my shirt. THAT is why fists and blunt objects will always be more effective (physically) than knives. You will feel a blow to the face or groin in an instant. With that in mind, knives do have a great role in self defense. The psychological effect of seeing a blade in your opponent's hand when you have nothing is enough to make you drop your beef and run...which is why I choose to carry one. The last thing I want to do is get into fists over some crap and I certainly don't want to have to hurt anyone else.

Again, with that in mind, carrying a knife does drastically escalate the situation. You draw a knife, he might have reason to draw a pistol...know what I mean?
Back to top Go down
iliveforthis99
Colonel
Colonel
iliveforthis99

PostSubject: Re: Gerber Knives   Gerber Knives - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 11:14 pm

Wells said Durkee, i agree completely.

Also knife laws like gun laws differ from state to state i believe.
Back to top Go down
A. sniper
Major
Major
A. sniper

PostSubject: Re: Gerber Knives   Gerber Knives - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 12:32 am

iliveforthis99 wrote:

yeah, that's why I wasn't sure about the 6" in california.
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Gerber Knives   Gerber Knives - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 1:37 am

A. sniper wrote:
iliveforthis99 wrote:

6" folder or fixed?
Back to top Go down
gentry
Major
Major
gentry

PostSubject: Re: Gerber Knives   Gerber Knives - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 11:36 am

It's 4" folded here in va
Back to top Go down
http://bwbairsoft.proboards.com/index.cgi
A. sniper
Major
Major
A. sniper

PostSubject: Re: Gerber Knives   Gerber Knives - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 1:47 pm

Spl. Durkee wrote:
A. sniper wrote:
iliveforthis99 wrote:

6" folder or fixed?
folder. yeah, I know fixed is illegal.
Back to top Go down
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

PostSubject: Re: Gerber Knives   Gerber Knives - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 1:59 pm

oh? I thought fixed blades were legal so long as you wear it in plain view (you can''t carry it your pocket"
Back to top Go down
A. sniper
Major
Major
A. sniper

PostSubject: Re: Gerber Knives   Gerber Knives - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 3:06 pm

NoNeed2Hate wrote:
oh? I thought fixed blades were legal so long as you wear it in plain view (you can''t carry it your pocket"
really? huh, I'll have to look that up.
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Gerber Knives   Gerber Knives - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 4:02 pm

NoNeed2Hate wrote:
Yup.
Back to top Go down
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

PostSubject: Re: Gerber Knives   Gerber Knives - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 8:49 pm

Spl. Durkee wrote:
NoNeed2Hate wrote:
Yup.

yes it is indeed legal, just people don't do it as it makes the "average" american uncomfortable or feeling endangered lol
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Gerber Knives   Gerber Knives - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 8:57 pm

NoNeed2Hate wrote:
Spl. Durkee wrote:
NoNeed2Hate wrote:
Yup.

yes it is indeed legal, just people don't do it as it makes the "average" american uncomfortable or feeling endangered lol
Just like anyone can legally carry an unloaded firearm on your hip Very Happy
No lie, you can walk around with an UNLOADED gun on your hip as long as it is licensed and you can legally own it in that state. As long as it isn't concealed.
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: Gerber Knives   Gerber Knives - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 9:00 pm

Can you carry an unloaded gun and have a round in your pocket? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
iliveforthis99
Colonel
Colonel
iliveforthis99

PostSubject: Re: Gerber Knives   Gerber Knives - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 9:37 pm

Probably because it's not in the gun. There so many stupid laws out there that just don't make sense. On of my favs is from the UK were it's legal to kill a Scott in one town if they are carrying a bow and arrows. cheers
Back to top Go down
alexkmmll
Major
Major
alexkmmll

PostSubject: Re: Gerber Knives   Gerber Knives - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 10:31 pm

In wisconsin Concealed Carry is illegal but you're able to carry firearms in public. And I mean any firearms. You can walk down the street with a loaded AR-15 and the cops can't do squat. Yup..
Back to top Go down
phredryxun92
Sergeant
Sergeant
phredryxun92

PostSubject: Re: Gerber Knives   Gerber Knives - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 11:08 pm

Yeah sometimes here there are open carry picnics, with a bunch of people just carrying around firearms. I believe not to long ago a hardware store near where I lived kicked a guy out for having a handgun open carry in a holster. That was not a good idea on his part. I pretty sure there are a lot of complaints. I believe Wisconsin and Illinois are the only states that concealed carry is illegal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gerber Knives   Gerber Knives - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gerber Knives
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3