Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Airsoft Gear / Pistol choices

Go down 
+4
SnoSnipe
DrummerBoyz95
Wertuk
Ojtiger57
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Ojtiger57
Sergeant
Sergeant

Airsoft Gear / Pistol choices Empty
PostSubject: Airsoft Gear / Pistol choices   Airsoft Gear / Pistol choices Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 7:54 pm

Hello, I was wondering which one would be better for a WE HK416 the Magpul XTM Modular Tactical Rail Panel or the Special Force Tactical Hand Guard Rail Cover. I don't want to get a foregrip because they seem too cheap and I would rather have something that wouldn't get in the way, can be used a grip, and would protect the rails. Thanks.

Here is the links for both of them:
Magpul XTM Modular Tactical Rail Panel: http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?cPath=25_104&products_id=30285
Special Force Tactical Hand Guard Rail Cover: http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?cPath=25_104&products_id=26637

Last edited by Ojtiger57 on Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wertuk
Captain
Captain
Wertuk

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Gear / Pistol choices   Airsoft Gear / Pistol choices Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 8:07 pm

The magpul AFG is low profile, and has a nice feel to it as a foregrip.
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Gear / Pistol choices   Airsoft Gear / Pistol choices Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 8:16 pm

I'd get the XTMs if it was between those two. More adaptable, overall just better.
Back to top Go down
Ojtiger57
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Gear / Pistol choices   Airsoft Gear / Pistol choices Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 11:24 pm

What is wrong with the other grips? Also, the only bad thing about the Magpul ones is that their are pretty pricey, but they are real steel rail panels.

Last edited by Ojtiger57 on Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Gear / Pistol choices   Airsoft Gear / Pistol choices Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 11:31 pm

You can't really do much with them. They're either on or off. With the XTMs you can set them up however you want, like if you wanted most of the rail covered but with a laser or light at the end. Also, those other ones are fugly.
Back to top Go down
Ojtiger57
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Gear / Pistol choices   Airsoft Gear / Pistol choices Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 11:40 pm

I don't think they look fugly. They look like something the US military would use. The Magpul ones look sort of weird. It might just be because I don't have any good pictures of them on a gun. (hint hint) Wink Also, is there any foregrips you guys recommend that aren't cheap plastic airsoft ones (maybe Magpul ones perhaps?) or would getting rail panels be easier for a gas blowback gun?
Back to top Go down
SnoSnipe
Colonel
Colonel
SnoSnipe

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Gear / Pistol choices   Airsoft Gear / Pistol choices Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 12:12 am

XTMs: Cool factor
Other ones: GI looking (i have them for my SOPMOD Block I)
I would go with the XTMs unless you are going for an impression gun.
Back to top Go down
Ojtiger57
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Gear / Pistol choices   Airsoft Gear / Pistol choices Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 12:16 am

Would a foregrip be better or worse than rail covers? Also, would a sling be a good idea for it if I need to pull out my pistol?
Back to top Go down
SnoSnipe
Colonel
Colonel
SnoSnipe

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Gear / Pistol choices   Airsoft Gear / Pistol choices Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 12:23 am

Ojtiger57 wrote:
Would a foregrip be better or worse than rail covers? Also, would a sling be a good idea for it if I need to pull out my pistol?
I have a full rail cover on my left side, a cut down one on my right side for my light, and a cut down one on the bottom to sit closely to my foregrip (makes it so i don't cut the back of my thumb).
Answer: Foregrips are good to use, but using rail covers will also help
Slings are always helpful, but never required. I just shoot my pistol one handed if I need to.
Back to top Go down
Ojtiger57
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Gear / Pistol choices   Airsoft Gear / Pistol choices Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 12:42 am

Ok, well is there any good high quality slings off evike.com? Also, should I get a Magpul foregrip or get one off evike? Please no cheap slings or crappy plastic foregrips that will break pretty easily. Any links would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
SnoSnipe
Colonel
Colonel
SnoSnipe

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Gear / Pistol choices   Airsoft Gear / Pistol choices Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 1:27 am

Get a VTAC sling, and try to get a G&P foregrip.
Back to top Go down
Ojtiger57
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Gear / Pistol choices   Airsoft Gear / Pistol choices Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 2:11 am

Thanks, I am sort of hesistant on buying a WE M1911 Tactical I have heard a lot of bad things about WE's pistol and was thinking about a KJW or KWA. The only thing that I HATE about the KWA ones is the ridicious looking trademarks on the KWA pistols such as the Made in Taiwan and Cal. 6mm. Also, the barrel looks weird on the KWA MK IV.
Back to top Go down
SnoSnipe
Colonel
Colonel
SnoSnipe

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Gear / Pistol choices   Airsoft Gear / Pistol choices Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 2:36 am

Don't worry about trademarks, they're overrated. Look for quality. I have a KWA M9 PTP, and everyone that sees it thinks it's amazing. Nobody pays attention to the trademarks, but instead pays attention to the accuracy, power, and realism. You can't go wrong.
Back to top Go down
Ojtiger57
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Gear / Pistol choices   Airsoft Gear / Pistol choices Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 2:39 am

Agreed, I have seen some without trademarks though. It is pretty hard to choose which pistol to get, but I like the M1911, the M9, and the USP .45. I have heard that the USP lacks compared to the other two though if not I could go all HK with a HK416 and USP .45. Oh and are the orange tips pretty easy to remove, they drive me crazy. Remember, I am still going for a US type loadout.
Back to top Go down
Wertuk
Captain
Captain
Wertuk

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Gear / Pistol choices   Airsoft Gear / Pistol choices Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 10:09 am

Or for a sling get the IAS, I love mine, and I got it new for 27 shipped instead of the regular 34
Back to top Go down
Ojtiger57
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Gear / Pistol choices   Airsoft Gear / Pistol choices Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 3:31 pm

Would a Magpul sling be better than the IAS or VTAC sling? Also, what about a pistol holster that would fit a M1911 Tactical / M9 Tactical / USP .45 Tactical possibly from evike.com?
Back to top Go down
Creed769
Colonel
Colonel
Creed769

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Gear / Pistol choices   Airsoft Gear / Pistol choices Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 3:59 pm

you can pick up a crossdraw of drop leg holster from evike (EO TECH) and they will fit.
Remember, on a 1911, buy a mag guard, the mags tend to fall out in some holsters.
Back to top Go down
http://thetruthaboutairsoft.blogspot.com/
Ojtiger57
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Gear / Pistol choices   Airsoft Gear / Pistol choices Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 5:56 pm

This holster? Link: http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?cPath=30_153&products_id=25140
Also, Wertuk where did you get it for $27? I am thinking about the Magpul one, but it seems too expensive.
Back to top Go down
Wertuk
Captain
Captain
Wertuk

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Gear / Pistol choices   Airsoft Gear / Pistol choices Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 6:35 pm

Here, the password is "costal" and its $2 shipping and 25 bucks for the sling itself.
Back to top Go down
Ojtiger57
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Gear / Pistol choices   Airsoft Gear / Pistol choices Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 6:40 pm

Wow thanks Wertuk. How did you find that out? Also, is that a good holster from evike or are there any better ones? Also, Wertuk do you think the Magpul is overpriced compared to the Irene Adaptive Sling? Finally, what is the best pistol from KWA for someone with small hands: M1911 MK IV, USP .45 Tactical, or M9 PTP Tactical?
Back to top Go down
Wertuk
Captain
Captain
Wertuk

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Gear / Pistol choices   Airsoft Gear / Pistol choices Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 6:49 pm

I like the fact that with the IAS, when transitioning from 1pt to 2pt the my M4 is still attached to me so there is no chance in \"Watch your language\" its gunna drop if I need to switch quickly but have to go hands free for a second. This is a nice holster on the cheaper end of things. http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?cPath=30_153&products_id=25144 I found the deal on the IAS here :http://www.airsoftpacific.com/viewtopic.php?t=33688&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15
Back to top Go down
Ojtiger57
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Gear / Pistol choices   Airsoft Gear / Pistol choices Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 7:06 pm

So, does anyone know if this one is good? http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?cPath=30_153&products_id=25140
Also, should I sign up for airsoftpacific.com just to say I'm a member there using the discount?
Back to top Go down
Wertuk
Captain
Captain
Wertuk

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Gear / Pistol choices   Airsoft Gear / Pistol choices Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 7:08 pm

No, I wasn't a member when I ordered, and got mine fine. I would say no to that holster, but the I think drummer can also vouch for the condor holster I linked.
Back to top Go down
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Gear / Pistol choices   Airsoft Gear / Pistol choices Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 8:00 pm

those holsters are trash, get a BDS holster like this Very Happy i have one and it is amazing (i have owned for a year)
http://www.bdstacticalgear.com/pd-bds-tactical-universal-drop-leg-holster.cfm
Back to top Go down
Ojtiger57
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Gear / Pistol choices   Airsoft Gear / Pistol choices Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 8:17 pm

Not to be rude, but that is pretty expensive.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Airsoft Gear / Pistol choices   Airsoft Gear / Pistol choices Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Airsoft Gear / Pistol choices
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next