Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Gun Problem

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Creed769
Colonel
Colonel
Creed769

Gun Problem Empty
PostSubject: Gun Problem   Gun Problem Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 11:09 pm

So, went out today to Jericho Airsoft Elsinore, and my new G4A3 was shooting about 450fps w/ 0.20g bbs and 390 with 0.25g bbs.
What should I do?
If I downgrade the spring (to a 110, as suggested to me by Steelhawk Airsoft Store) it would only be about $50, but would that affect range?
The range on the gun is AMAZING! So I don't want to lose any.
Back to top Go down
http://thetruthaboutairsoft.blogspot.com/
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

Gun Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Problem   Gun Problem Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 11:14 pm

You could downgrade the spring or just disable F/A so you can use it as a "sniper rifle". FPS really has very little to do with range. It's your hop-up doing most of the work. You can either get a new spring or trim yours on your own...but cutting it can lead to damaging your internals. So I'd just spend $50 for the new spring and be done with it (BTW that price seems a little high).
Back to top Go down
Creed769
Colonel
Colonel
Creed769

Gun Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Problem   Gun Problem Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 11:20 pm

Spl. Durkee wrote:
You could downgrade the spring or just disable F/A so you can use it as a "sniper rifle". FPS really has very little to do with range. It's your hop-up doing most of the work. You can either get a new spring or trim yours on your own...but cutting it can lead to damaging your internals. So I'd just spend $50 for the new spring and be done with it (BTW that price seems a little high).
Yeah the $50 is for a tech to buy the parts and put it in, I don\'t trust myself AT ALL.
Back to top Go down
http://thetruthaboutairsoft.blogspot.com/
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

Gun Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Problem   Gun Problem Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 11:26 pm

Creed769 wrote:
Spl. Durkee wrote:
Yeah the $50 is for a tech to buy the parts and put it in, I don\'t trust myself AT ALL.
Even if someone is doing labor, you're getting ripped off. Tech pay for that is $10 max...if that.

Get the spring and follow this video. It's suuuuper duper easy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gun Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gun Problem   Gun Problem Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gun Problem
Page 1 of 1