Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Upgrade Cybergun M1A1?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
1MrPink1
Private
Private
1MrPink1

Upgrade Cybergun M1A1? Empty
PostSubject: Upgrade Cybergun M1A1?   Upgrade Cybergun M1A1? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 3:33 am

It's my most recent purchase, but no one I know has a Thompson so they can't really help me. I've been trying to figure out what I can do to upgrade. I really don't have a clue. So any suggestions, products, or help would be much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

PostSubject: Re: Upgrade Cybergun M1A1?   Upgrade Cybergun M1A1? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 1:17 pm

Best thing to do would be to add a tight bore barrel (from madbull or prommy) maybe a new hop up etc and put in a better piston and full cylinder for better air compression. Looks at it this way, the more accurate your gun is the less you'll be shooting and the less strain you'll be putting on internals Smile
Back to top Go down
Accordion man
Corporal
Corporal
Accordion man

PostSubject: Re: Upgrade Cybergun M1A1?   Upgrade Cybergun M1A1? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 3:34 pm

Let's see...

Cylinder

Hop-up Bucking

Inner Barrel

Piston

Piston Head

Spring Guide

I couldn't find a Thompson Hop-up or gears for a V.6 Gearbox, so you'll have to do a little research there.

I personally recommend starting with the tight bore barrel (install the bucking for the hop-up when you change barrels) and put in a spring guide and the new piston and piston head and cylinder. If done right it should give you a slight boost to FPS from compression, and it will give you more accuracy. The Piston and Spring Guide should just give some more reliability.
Back to top Go down
1MrPink1
Private
Private
1MrPink1

PostSubject: Re: Upgrade Cybergun M1A1?   Upgrade Cybergun M1A1? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 7:36 pm

Thank you so much! This is exactly what I was looking for. It'll also be my first time taking apart my Thompson, so it should be interesting. But thanks for all the help.
Back to top Go down
Accordion man
Corporal
Corporal
Accordion man

PostSubject: Re: Upgrade Cybergun M1A1?   Upgrade Cybergun M1A1? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 8:42 pm

1MrPink1 wrote:
Thank you so much! This is exactly what I was looking for. It'll also be my first time taking apart my Thompson, so it should be interesting. But thanks for all the help.

In case you need a guide...

Dissasembly Part 1

Gearbox Guide
Back to top Go down
david
Major
Major
david

PostSubject: Re: Upgrade Cybergun M1A1?   Upgrade Cybergun M1A1? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 11:53 pm

If you have the money then I'd go with Edgi ( http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?products_id=6737) they're great inner barrels, of course Prometheus and Madbull are great too, I personally like Edgi.
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

PostSubject: Re: Upgrade Cybergun M1A1?   Upgrade Cybergun M1A1? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 3:39 pm

Here's what I did to my Tommy to get Her rockin' and rollin:
6.03mm TightBore Barrel
9.6v battery.
That's all I did and my thompson shoots better than my E1 XCR. Simple, cheap, but makes your Tommy CHATTER.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
1MrPink1
Private
Private
1MrPink1

PostSubject: Re: Upgrade Cybergun M1A1?   Upgrade Cybergun M1A1? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 6:22 pm

M14 double-taps wrote:
Here's what I did to my Tommy to get Her rockin' and rollin:
6.03mm TightBore Barrel
9.6v battery.
That's all I did and my thompson shoots better than my E1 XCR. Simple, cheap, but makes your Tommy CHATTER.

Do you think I should still get the Cylinder, Hop-up Bucking, Piston, Piston Head, Spring Guide? Or am i fine with just the battery and barrel?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Upgrade Cybergun M1A1?   Upgrade Cybergun M1A1? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Upgrade Cybergun M1A1?
Page 1 of 1