Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Painting on bolt cylinder.....

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
unitsniper02
Corporal
Corporal
unitsniper02

Painting on bolt cylinder..... Empty
PostSubject: Painting on bolt cylinder.....   Painting on bolt cylinder..... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 7:41 pm

Hey i was wondering if painting of the bolt cylinder affected the pullback of the bolt in anyway.... im asking cuz i want to paint mine black, so the silver metal doesn't give me away
Back to top Go down
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

PostSubject: Re: Painting on bolt cylinder.....   Painting on bolt cylinder..... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 7:53 pm

If you have the scope and stuff it won't show and ghillie over that your fine.

But it might it will make it harder to cock when pulling back and the paint will scratch off anyways so I would just leave it. It might also stick so it will be hard to start cocking again and if it gets in the internals (don't ask me how but it always get's in the places you don't want it to be)
and that could damage the gun.
Back to top Go down
http://airsoftchat.lefora.com/forum/
unitsniper02
Corporal
Corporal
unitsniper02

PostSubject: Re: Painting on bolt cylinder.....   Painting on bolt cylinder..... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 8:09 pm

Thanks ill consider that
Back to top Go down
killyouno5
Major
Major
killyouno5

PostSubject: Re: Painting on bolt cylinder.....   Painting on bolt cylinder..... Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 8:41 pm

don't consider it you could really screw up your gun if you want to aint it paint the plastic part where you hold it take out all of the internals and the barrel when you do this. Then go and buy a gun wrap and wrap the rest of your gun.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=567300653
TheJim
Sergeant
Sergeant
TheJim

PostSubject: Re: Painting on bolt cylinder.....   Painting on bolt cylinder..... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 9:32 pm

Also you can cause corrosion leading to inconsistency of your shots, weakening and warping of the cylinder- the paint will scratch off- it looks ugly- not to mention you will lose all smoothness in the cocking action.

Jim
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Painting on bolt cylinder.....   Painting on bolt cylinder..... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Painting on bolt cylinder.....
Page 1 of 1