Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Gas Weapons (Steals this thread Genres Virginity)

Go down 
+4
sticks.13
kkoerber
killyouno5
Captain Quizno
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Captain Quizno
Private
Private
Captain Quizno

Gas Weapons (Steals this thread Genres Virginity) Empty
PostSubject: Gas Weapons (Steals this thread Genres Virginity)   Gas Weapons (Steals this thread Genres Virginity) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 9:20 pm

MUHAHAHAHA I STOLE A GENRES VIRGINITY!!! BWHAHAHA....... I noticed as I was streaming through the page (because I just can't stop talking about airsoft) that there is no discussions for gas weapons so I decided id ask why? I mean from what I gather Gas weapons are suppose to be the best thing to come to air soft since sliced bread. I know my buddy grant had a pistol and he shot me right in the cheek and it left a pretty sever welt lol. I noticed 3 gas guns at $1200, $1500, and a whopping $1,750 on evike as I was shopping for my gun. Is it because you have to carry around the gas tanks with you that no one uses them? is there tank flaws? other weapon flaws that someone can think of? And man the gas guns look so cool. Ne ways I thought we could start a thread about gas sniper rifles vs Spring rifles lol. Here are the rifles im tlkin about DEADLY SWEET!Gas Weapons (Steals this thread Genres Virginity) Sr_are10 and Gas Weapons (Steals this thread Genres Virginity) Aeg_mt10 and Gas Weapons (Steals this thread Genres Virginity) Gr_are10 and Gas Weapons (Steals this thread Genres Virginity) Gr_gb_10 and Gas Weapons (Steals this thread Genres Virginity) Sr_are11
Back to top Go down
killyouno5
Major
Major
killyouno5

PostSubject: Re: Gas Weapons (Steals this thread Genres Virginity)   Gas Weapons (Steals this thread Genres Virginity) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 12:29 am

They are sick but if you ever come across cold weather your shots wont be as fast and the range will go down so really spring is the best way to get consistent shots plus there are far more upgrades for spring guns then gas not to mention the gas one need gas so you have t either have a ton of mags or you have to carry around gas that is why people use spring snipers with gas pistols instead of the other way around.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=567300653
kkoerber
Major
Major
kkoerber

PostSubject: Re: Gas Weapons (Steals this thread Genres Virginity)   Gas Weapons (Steals this thread Genres Virginity) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 11:09 am

sweet that is totaly asome
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: Gas Weapons (Steals this thread Genres Virginity)   Gas Weapons (Steals this thread Genres Virginity) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 6:15 pm

Those are all really cool, especially the Cheytac M200(first one).

Gas guns can be temperamental, but thats only because in airsoft we use gasses that have to expand to the gas form.

-Propane is a gas that is normally used for heating. In its normal state it is a gas, but in airsoft we compress it to be used as a liquid. I couldent find the freezing point of propane but to give you a rough idea about how cold it is the boiling point of propane is -42*C, which for all of us Americans is approx -43*F(yea I tipple checked the math).

-Green gas is Propane that has some extra chemicals in it to make it expand better than normal.

-Co2 is not as widely used by airsoft but some clone handguns(WE mostly), use it as a alternative to red gas. Co2 closely resembles Propane in function, however the added pressure that is needed to use Co2 as a propellant is where the extra FPS comes from.

-Red Gas or HCFC-22 or Chlorodifluoromethane(clor-o-di-flu-or-meth-ane) is a common air conditioner gas, many of you would know it as Freon 22. I don't really know much about this gas except that it tears the crap out of seals and O-rings which causes many players to stay away from it. I have only seen it used once.

-Blue Gas or 134A gas as commonly known in airsoft is another chemical used in air conditioning. I'm pretty rusty as far as my knowledge goes on this gas. Its recommended with most Japanese GBB's. I used it for awhile but had to switch to green gas when it became unavailable because of the new air freight laws that were set in place. Its not as powerful as green gas(my results were about 30FPS less), but it is alot more reliable. It uses the same idea as propane and Co2(expanding).

Well thats all I know, if some of my facts are not right please anyone jump in with the correct answers. Also if anyone has used these gasses then jump in with your experiences with them. I looked at buying a Gas Sniper Rifle(Tanaka to be specific). But I got a great deal on a TM VSR.

sticks
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Gas Weapons (Steals this thread Genres Virginity)   Gas Weapons (Steals this thread Genres Virginity) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 6:53 pm

Ah the Barret 0.50 Calibur , very nice .
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/alabamaairsoft
Murder
Private
Private
Murder

PostSubject: Re: Gas Weapons (Steals this thread Genres Virginity)   Gas Weapons (Steals this thread Genres Virginity) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 1:55 am

yeah spring sniper rifles are more consistant but i believe most gas rifles hit harder and have a better range. If you want to look it up there is a cold shot system. It costs a little over $100 which isn't too bad and from what i understand it warms the gas before it gets to the gun? by doing this you don't lose the fps from the cold wheather. But another thing about gas rifles you can look on youtube for the chronos and most of the gas ones go from 590fps for ex. on one shot to 490 on the next back up to 560 on the 3rd. But i would rather a gas rifle over a spring anyday.
Back to top Go down
http://www.taairsoftteam.webs.com
djstasevich
Major
Major
djstasevich

PostSubject: Re: Gas Weapons (Steals this thread Genres Virginity)   Gas Weapons (Steals this thread Genres Virginity) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 1:27 pm

Back to top Go down
http://statairsoft.weebly.com/index.html
mgunner564
Colonel
Colonel
mgunner564

PostSubject: Re: Gas Weapons (Steals this thread Genres Virginity)   Gas Weapons (Steals this thread Genres Virginity) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 7:02 pm

well that is just a Tankaka m700 with a pre-ban bolt and a fancy stock..i would rather have a Tanaka m700 with the preban
Back to top Go down
Murder
Private
Private
Murder

PostSubject: Re: Gas Weapons (Steals this thread Genres Virginity)   Gas Weapons (Steals this thread Genres Virginity) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 1:55 am

heard about that mantis... Too bad i don't have that kind of money
Back to top Go down
http://www.taairsoftteam.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gas Weapons (Steals this thread Genres Virginity)   Gas Weapons (Steals this thread Genres Virginity) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gas Weapons (Steals this thread Genres Virginity)
Page 1 of 1