Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Why don't they make a......

Go down 
+5
killyouno5
sticks.13
kkoerber
djstasevich
elementfrvr
9 posters
AuthorMessage
elementfrvr
Captain
Captain
elementfrvr

Why don't they make a...... Empty
PostSubject: Why don't they make a......   Why don't they make a...... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 7:32 pm

Why has no company decided to make a M21? I mean how much harder would it be to make a semi auto aeg based off of a current gun? Why don't they make a...... M21snip I want one so bad!
Back to top Go down
djstasevich
Major
Major
djstasevich

PostSubject: Re: Why don't they make a......   Why don't they make a...... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 9:01 pm

I would almost guarantee that is a pic of an m14. Also the caliber of the bullet in the pic is the exact same as a m14 caliber. A basic nato round. Just get an m14, non socom or soc16 version.
Back to top Go down
http://statairsoft.weebly.com/index.html
djstasevich
Major
Major
djstasevich

PostSubject: Re: Why don't they make a......   Why don't they make a...... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 9:07 pm

I put in some research and this is what I found. read if interested, they are the exact same gun.

The United States Army wanted an accurate sniper rifle during the Vietnam War. The M14 was selected because of its accuracy, reliability, and the ability for a quick second shot. As a result, in 1969, the Rock Island Arsenal converted 1,435 National Match (target grade) M14 rifles by adding a Leatherwood 3–9x Adjustable Ranging Telescope (ART) telescopic sight, and providing National Match grade ammunition. It was designated the XM21 until 1975, when it became the M21 (although it had been unofficially called the M21 since December 1969).
The M21 remained the Army's official sniper rifle until 1988, when it was replaced by the bolt-action M24 Sniper Weapon System. The M-21 still remains in service and has seen extensive combat in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Back to top Go down
http://statairsoft.weebly.com/index.html
kkoerber
Major
Major
kkoerber

PostSubject: Re: Why don't they make a......   Why don't they make a...... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 9:34 pm

cool info
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: Why don't they make a......   Why don't they make a...... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 12:29 am

Yeah definately an M21(no selector switch).

Heres a tip if you want an airsoft M21(semi auto). Even though noone makes a heavier M14 barrel, its pretty irrelevant. So heres some simple instructions on the easiest way to achieve Semi auto on an M14.

BREAK SELECTOR SWITCH!

Thats right you herd me, just take it off or break it. The M14(airsoft) uses a separate selector and a separate safety. The safety will still be functional but the contact for full auto will never be met because the selector is not there to make the current.

You cannot do this with any other gun, unfortunately... This is M14 specific.

sticks
Back to top Go down
killyouno5
Major
Major
killyouno5

PostSubject: Re: Why don't they make a......   Why don't they make a...... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 1:56 am

http://www.airsoftpost.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_44_234&products_id=24006\

This is allot like what the above picture is like. I know its m14 but still lol.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=567300653
elementfrvr
Captain
Captain
elementfrvr

PostSubject: Re: Why don't they make a......   Why don't they make a...... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 10:38 am

what about short style mags and why can't they sell them with the m21 barrel and that stuff
Back to top Go down
TheJim
Sergeant
Sergeant
TheJim

PostSubject: Re: Why don't they make a......   Why don't they make a...... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 2:01 pm

The M21 is simply an M14 with a scope slapped on the top....

Jim
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: Why don't they make a......   Why don't they make a...... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 3:48 pm

Sorry The Jim,

Opticaly I would say you are right, But to say that the M21 is a M14 with a scope slapped onto it, is like saying a VW Beetle is a Porsche, they are both made by the same Company.

The M21 it a totaly reworked version of the M14, Fiberglass Stock, Polished and Matched Bolt and Chamber and Barrel, Upper reciever is Glass Packed and Barrel is Free Floating, the fastest way to ruin the M21 is to use standard 7.62 Nato munnition.
Back to top Go down
TheJim
Sergeant
Sergeant
TheJim

PostSubject: Re: Why don't they make a......   Why don't they make a...... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 4:28 pm

What I meant was that there are few aesthetic differences- so for airsoft, the M21 is just an M14 with a scope, so there is no point in making a specific airsoft M21.

Jim
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: Why don't they make a......   Why don't they make a...... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 4:46 pm

Ok, sorry my Bad,

Still Friends Embarassed ??
Back to top Go down
silent--likethenight
Private
Private
silent--likethenight

PostSubject: Re: Why don't they make a......   Why don't they make a...... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 5:50 pm

i know this is way off topic but can someone tell me how to get those color stip things on ur sigs?
Back to top Go down
kkoerber
Major
Major
kkoerber

PostSubject: Re: Why don't they make a......   Why don't they make a...... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 6:40 pm

they make a m14 sniper package, which has a longer barrel and nice rails to mount scopes on and you can keep it on semi if you like...i don't think that this AEG would make a good sniper but it would work...it is like useing a spring M14 compaired to a VSR-10.........so in the long run the m14 is the same as the M21 because the real m14 is really accurat and the millitary was in need for a cheap inovated sniper so they moded a M14 to be a sniper but they did not change to much.........in the long run the airsoft version would be the same beacuse the real gun hase the exact same look and outer shell...also the m14 was inovated after the most popular M1 Grand, which was really populare in WWII.....but was inovated to something that could handle the mosture of vietnam.........further down the line they created the m16 which they use some of the charecteristics from the M14 and from there they got the M4 and some how from there they got the MP5 ... so as you can see all these guns are related to the M1 Grand....

Sorry if i typed too much...
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: Why don't they make a......   Why don't they make a...... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 7:15 pm

Kkober to say the M21 is not that much different than the M14 is not exactly the truth.

To add to Slob's post, and M21 has had a different rate of twist, the M21 is not select fire(only semi no FA), the M21 has a Match grade barrel, the M21 uses a bullet with a higher grain value(brain dead), M21 has a scope mount(M14 did not), M21 also uses a different flash hider(in most cases post Vietnam era).

Thats pretty much it.

sticks
Back to top Go down
elementfrvr
Captain
Captain
elementfrvr

PostSubject: Re: Why don't they make a......   Why don't they make a...... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 4:12 pm

What about a gas semi auto only M21. If it was made by a good company like Tanaka it would own so many noobs.
Back to top Go down
JARHEAD
Colonel
Colonel
JARHEAD

PostSubject: Re: Why don't they make a......   Why don't they make a...... Icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 8:10 pm

http://www.pyramydair.com/site/manuals/TSD-M100-Rifle/images/M14-Airsoft-Rifle.jpg if you can't get an m21, try this and just scope it, its hard to but its coool.

P.S. get ahigh rise scope mounts.

nvrmind, just buy this utg, its wood so it looks realistic http://www.pyramydair.com/blog/images/M14-web.jpg
Back to top Go down
http://www.yupyupyup.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why don't they make a......   Why don't they make a...... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why don't they make a......
Page 1 of 1