Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Safety Equipment

Go down 
+8
Painkiller
elementfrvr
Jman
slob212
Theguy09
Lone Wolf
sticks.13
AFU
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
AFU
AFU

Safety Equipment Empty
PostSubject: Safety Equipment   Safety Equipment Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 3:42 pm

I just wanted to know what everyone believes to be the key safety equipment. Those items that you have set as mandatory in order to play.

In the AFU we currently only require safety glasses and a face mask (Other than that you can play naked if you want (Not an option for ugly people) (court order now)). But we have a new area I just discovered around my house, about five (5) miles of forest, but a large portion of that area is burn area, and there are a lot of small sharp stumps sticking from the ground. So I have been considering making Military style boots part of our mandatory safety equipment (Or other pre approved shoes, because my brother uses the boots he bought at the fire academy, and they are probably more suited to that area than anything).

So any ideas?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Salkand
AFU
AFU

Safety Equipment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safety Equipment   Safety Equipment Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 3:53 pm

Oops, sorry I was doing two things at once, I meant to put this in the general section, not sniper general. I just spent 15 minutes in general wondering where my post was Embarassed
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

Safety Equipment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safety Equipment   Safety Equipment Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 6:20 pm

Moved to general.

Honestly I would say just goggles.

sticks
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

Safety Equipment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safety Equipment   Safety Equipment Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 6:28 pm

If your going open face also enforce the use of mouthgaurds. For a face mask, you don't need the mouthgaurds

You should also go ahead and prohibit nudity. That is just not smart...
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
Theguy09
Private
Private
Theguy09

Safety Equipment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safety Equipment   Safety Equipment Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 9:27 pm

My friend had only glasses when playing and he got a chipped tooth from a shot to the mouth so he had to go to the dentist. So I think if you should have some face protection along with eye protection, but at least something to protect the mouth like a ski mask so when you open your mouth nothing can come in and eye protection for obvious reasons.
Back to top Go down
AFU
AFU

Safety Equipment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safety Equipment   Safety Equipment Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 9:41 pm

AFU wrote:

In the AFU we currently only require safety glasses and a face mask

I already said we used a face mask as mandatory safety equipment. I too have a friend who received a chipped tooth from airsoft.

lone wolf wrote:
You should also go ahead and prohibit nudity. That is just not smart...

I would, but I want to meet the guy who goes airsofting nude.
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

Safety Equipment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safety Equipment   Safety Equipment Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 9:45 pm

yea...just include it in the liability. "If you airsoft in the nude, prepare to be shot, do not sue!"
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

Safety Equipment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safety Equipment   Safety Equipment Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 9:52 pm

You want to see the Picture ???

Facemask, Bath towel, and Boots, nothing else !!!! Laughing
Some people just canīt say `` NO īī to a Dare !!

A mouthpiece is a personal choice INHO, makes it real hard to talk on the Radio with one in, even if you use a Throat Mic, it comes accross strange.

Like you said AFU, eye protection at a minimum, the rest would be a Team or Individual Choice.

If you do alot of CQB, Knee and Elbow protection is a good Idea, BBīs and Little rocks can really put a hurting on you if you kneel on them wrong, or just right if your into pain Very Happy

Last edited by slob212 on Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

Safety Equipment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safety Equipment   Safety Equipment Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 10:11 pm

lol thats right. what was that about OP in europe. Nude vet comes out of the shower...
Back to top Go down
Jman
Sergeant
Sergeant
Jman

Safety Equipment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safety Equipment   Safety Equipment Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 10:30 pm

Well I would say the face protection but depending on what fps your using it could require you to have some kind of cloths on because if you get about 600fps you start to go half an inch in to bare skin (that could be a little wrong) and if you get above 800fps I know it can be considered a firearm in some areas becuase they can be leathel (neak chest). Also a normal bullet travels at 600mph which is 3168000fph so devide by 60 to get fpm 52800 then again by 60 to get fps and you get 880. So 880 is how fast a normal bullet travels. I know they are heaver but if you hit some on by a rib or neck you can cause some issues with internal body parts.
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

Safety Equipment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safety Equipment   Safety Equipment Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 10:41 pm

Good math, but I think you did your math on a .45, not all bullets travel at 880FPS. This is also affected by temperature, wind speed and humidity.

A good comparison is something like this article: http://www.ak-47.net/ammo/ss109.txt The US primarily uses the M855 round.

I'm going to say that in MOUT or Indoor games a Mouthguard is needed, however some people can keep their mouth closed, some people chew gum/seeds, which keeps their mouth closed. I am not one of those people, so personally I use a mouth guard(thanks to my F*ed up jaw Laughing). Boots in most cases are a must, not necessarily for protection against stuff on the ground but more for ankle support. Kinda like how all basketball shoes are high topped.

sticks
Back to top Go down
Jman
Sergeant
Sergeant
Jman

Safety Equipment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safety Equipment   Safety Equipment Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 11:24 pm

I was talking about subsoinc guns so if a bullet at 400fps will kill that makes a 800fps bb seem more dangeris (remember that a bb is about 1/50 the weight of a bullet so bb at 44000fps would be the equilvilent weight to speed but youi must remember that bb is smaller diamiter wise so the bb will supply less force over all but that fore would be over a smaler point so you would not have to incress the speed to a very high fps (10,000s) to get the same penitration.

Also boots help not only with support but have usaly nice camo (black).
Back to top Go down
elementfrvr
Captain
Captain
elementfrvr

Safety Equipment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safety Equipment   Safety Equipment Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 3:34 pm

The best protection that will stop pain is a good gun so you hit them before they hit you.
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

Safety Equipment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safety Equipment   Safety Equipment Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 7:13 pm

Quote :
lol thats right. what was that about OP in europe. Nude vet comes out of the shower...

That was BERGET 6,
Back to top Go down
Painkiller
Private
Private
Painkiller

Safety Equipment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safety Equipment   Safety Equipment Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 1:45 am

I would also say to have a personal first aid kit handy, or maybe a larger pack for the group. Despite all the protective equipment out there, people still get injured.
Back to top Go down
panic324
Sergeant
Sergeant
panic324

Location : San Francisco Bay Area, Communist Republic of California

Safety Equipment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safety Equipment   Safety Equipment Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 3:08 am

Jman- Well...yeah, but you also have to take into account the weight of the BB vs. the Bullet. A 9x19mm Parabellum going 1000 fps weighs in at 9.5 grams. That's 47 times the weight of a .20g BB. Even if the BB were flying at 1000fps also, using the Kinetic Energy Equation:
(K.E.=1/2mass x Velocity^2)

BB:
1/2 x .0002 kg (.2 grams) x (333)^2 meters/second
.0001 kg x 110889 m^2/s^2 = 11.0889 Kilogram meters^2/second^2 (Better known as about 11 joules)

Bullet:
1/2 x .0095 kg (9.5 grams) x (333)^2 meters/second
.00475 kg x 110889 m^2/s^2 = 526.72275 Kilogram meters^2/second^2 (Better known as about 527 Joules)

If you don't want to go through all that, in short it is saying that at 1000fps, a BB impacts at about 11 joules, while a bullet will impact at about 527 joules. If you want to get the same penetration with the bb as you would a bullet (provided the bb remained intact) lets move back to the equation, shall we?

(Kinetic Energy = 1/2 mass x Velocity^2)

527 Kilogram Meters^2/Seconds^2 (Joules) = .0001 kilograms x Velocity^2
527 Joules/.0001 Kilograms = 5,270,000 m^2/s^2 = Velocity^2
Cast a Square root over the entire equation and you end up with Velocity = 2295.64806 meters/ second

Therefore, to get a BB to contain the same amount of penetrating power as a bullet, you'd need to kick it up to 6887 fps. So HA!

I just wasted about 15 minutes of my life right there... Darn proud of it, too. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=674516301&ref=profile
AFU
AFU

Safety Equipment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safety Equipment   Safety Equipment Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 3:14 am

Wouldn't distance play a major factor in everything? A BB that would leave the rifle barrel at 1000 fps will not be going 1000 fps 500 feet away, while a bullet will still be able to maintain close to its original speed for up to 400+ meters (depending on the rifle).
Back to top Go down
panic324
Sergeant
Sergeant
panic324

Safety Equipment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safety Equipment   Safety Equipment Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 3:30 am

^This is absolutely true, but I'm not smart enough to be able to figure out exponential loss of energy over distance Razz

The above was just a general idea in perfect (meaning zero) conditions. Temperature, Humidity, Air Pressure and (like said) DIstance will all play a huge part in ballistics, so we really can't calculate ANYTHING precisely on the nose.
Back to top Go down
Jman
Sergeant
Sergeant
Jman

Safety Equipment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safety Equipment   Safety Equipment Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 11:12 pm

I know that a bullets will travel farth more accure but that does not mean a bb wont kill you. I was also trying to say that bb has smaller area for its f/a could be the same.
Back to top Go down
sniperGokey
Private
Private
sniperGokey

Safety Equipment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safety Equipment   Safety Equipment Icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 10:49 am

actical Vest

For mil-sim games, the tactical vest will serve as your carry on in the field. Getting a tactical vest with many pockets for storing extra clips, BB rounds, flashlights, knives, radios and perhaps even a snack is worth its weight in gold. Also, with higher end vests, the thick material and supplies you are carry will serve to help protect you from getting hit and perhaps hurt from an enemy player.

Holsters

Depending on your intents, there are lots of holsters to choose from. For mil-sims, a leg holster might be the preferred holster, due to the player already having a tactical vest, and not able to handle an additional load on his shoulders. But for police training, a shoulder holster is ideal, providing not only a holster for the airsoft pistol, but also a compartment for additional clips, etc on the other shoulder. When combined with a belt holster, the police trainee can store that extra sidearm that may be necessary in an advanced situation training session.

Miscellaneous Gear

Some of these will come as no shock, others you might not have thought of. You should consider carry extra magazines to help you quickly reload before another attacker comes your way. Extra speed loader BB cases and gas canisters (if you are using a gas airsoft gun) will also be necessary for this quick response action. For any type of night activity, you will likely want to carry a flashlight, and perhaps laser dot scopes on your airsoft guns. Night vision goggles would also be of use in this situation. Make sure you have a comfortable pair of boots and fatigues to wear to game as well. There is no substitute for comfortable shoes, but they also need to protect your feet from rocks, sticks, bushes and other hardships out in the field. Ropes and other situation specific gear may be required. sniperGokey out.
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

Safety Equipment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safety Equipment   Safety Equipment Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 3:54 pm

Good Call on the Tac Vests, SniperGokey.

It is amazing how many players show up for a MIL-Sim with DAY Packs, Ruck Sacks, completly overloaded and not able to make it through the first 12 hours of Play.

Depending on your needs a Good Tac-Vest is more than enough, unless of course you plann on having a 7 course dinner during the night phase Laughing .
Back to top Go down
sniperGokey
Private
Private
sniperGokey

Safety Equipment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safety Equipment   Safety Equipment Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 10:55 am

Thanks, i carry a rucksack with food and spare parts in it. I have a tac vest and carry extra ammunition, my seal knife, flashlight and other stuff. i also carry my primary a SVD dragunov at 520fps, .20 bbs. and my favorite MR773 M4 carbine and the combined weight of everything slows me and my team down so i have cut back Drastically upon what i carry. hope i helped. sniperGokey out.
Back to top Go down
Satan
Major
Major
Satan

Safety Equipment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safety Equipment   Safety Equipment Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 8:28 pm

Team WARPIGS says:
1)Glasses I don't care if you cover your face or mouth thats up to you
2)boots part of uniform if your uniform is incorrect the punishment is a firing sqaud
3)knee pads and elbow pads no matter your class
4)padded high socks(for boots)
5)boonie hat or MICH helmet (part of Uniform)
6)all skin is covered (except for face) unless stated otherwise by Satan
7)fingerless Gloves
8)Water a nalgene bottle for every hour
9) Support gunner carries food for his sqaud
Back to top Go down
panic324
Sergeant
Sergeant
panic324

Safety Equipment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safety Equipment   Safety Equipment Icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 9:27 pm

... Are you entirely serious Satan? That is the absolute stupidest thing I have EVER heard.

FIRING SQUAD? For INCORRECT UNIFORM??? Are you playing this to have fun or are you trying to be a 13 year old Stalin, 'General?'

...And all skin HAS to be covered...except for the face... Makes TOTAL sense.

*shakes head in disbelief*
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

Safety Equipment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safety Equipment   Safety Equipment Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 3:37 am

Now Now Panic, Satan is more than a Little emotional about AirSoft, he has taken it to new levels, and change is never a bad thing, lets take some time to examine how he has brought the game to new Levels of realism !!!

Quote :
Team WARPIGS says:
1)Glasses I don't care if you cover your face or mouth that's up to you

All serious and mature players know that Eye Protection is an absolute MUST, no leeway or room for argument, but SATAN and his Team of Warpigs are willing to show players that decide not to wear Eye protection the Errors of their ways by shooting their Eyes out !!!! Of course because of their age, nothing can happen to them if it does happen, just hope that Mom & Dad share the same way of thinking when they are brought before the court, and later held responsible for all the medical bills of the victim.

Quote :
2)boots part of uniform if your uniform is incorrect the punishment is a firing squad
Nice to see that SATAN and the WARPIGS are willing to change the ways of thinking about safety equipment, Foot Protection is an absolute must!!! Heaven help you if you have the wrong footwear on, Donīt worry about your eyes, the feet have to be protected, otherwise you wonīt be able to effectively move on the Playing Field, and if you canīt move effectively, then you place the rest of the Team in Danger, and that canīt be allowed, FIRING Squad is the most appropriate Punishment !!! Also depending on the Player this would be the most appropriate time to attempt to shoot an eye out, then there is a real easy Target on the Plying Field, A Loud, Clumsy, Half Blind Player !!!!

Quote :
4)padded high socks(for boots)

Again a fine demonstration of how proper Foot maintenance is so Important.

Quote :
6)all skin is covered (except for face) unless stated otherwise by Satan

This is of course there for the Team Leader ( SATAN ), you all just have no Idea how much time and energy that Satan invest into the proper training and discipline of the WarPIGS, of course he is most often exhausted before the game starts, so he can dictate what players are allowed to cover their Faces, thus allowing him more of a chance in spotting and locating his targets, I hope emphasis is placed on the ones that are not wearing eye protection !!!
YEAH, thatīll teach them !!! Way to Go Satan !!!

Quote :
9) Support gunner carries food for his squad

Now here is something that we can all learn from. Every Team needs its own PACK MULE !!!
The rest of us are Fools, just think about how much energy you could save by having a team slave, somebody to carry your Granola Bars, your MREīs or other snacks that you need during a game, it also offers the possibility to implement a TEAM DIAT Program, every time that people start to get Hungry, you could send the Support Gunner on a suicide mission !!! He/She gets Hit, is out of the Game, and nobody gets the chance to eat !!!

ALL Hail SATAN and the WARPIGS !!!! They have shown me that I have been Playing the Game all wrong through the Years !!!!

Mad Mad Mad Mad

1) Be humble - Don't assume you know anything, or have to be the righteous hand of the mods until you are WELL vested into the community. For the knowing part, that means LISTENING and LEARNING from the environment long before you try to act better than those who make the environment. For the righteous part, being a VETERAN who has done something for the community and apart of the said community for some time (i.e. more than 1-2 years)

2) Spelling/punctuation - A lot is said about a person by their writing. If you're 14 and you swear you're mature enough to attend an 18+ event...saying "but im mature ask ne1 they tell u" doesn't help your argument.

3) Think before posting - Think about what you're trying to say before you hit "submit reply". How does my response make me look? Remember, every action you take has an effect. If you come on an airsoft forum acting like an A-hole, you'll be treated like an A-hole. If you act like you're better than everyone else, then you might get treated like a second class citizen.

4) Content Value - Ask yourself, does my post add to the value of the discussion? If the answer is 'no', then guess what? You've probably irritated someone and wasted a bunch of people's time.
5)
Content Length - Unless answering a direct question, your responses or contributions should be more than cheering or brain farts (i.e. completely useless material) and should be longer than two sentences.

6) Utilize YOUR knowledge - If something doesn't pertain to you, or you have little to no first hand knowledge then don't post. Talking about how to upgrade a gun based off of a 'friend of a friend's' situation doesn't make what you're saying right, although in some cases it might. Don't deal with absolutes unless it is proven as an absolute. Just because something doesn't work for you (like a retailer for instance) doesn't mean it won't work in someone else's case.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Safety Equipment Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safety Equipment   Safety Equipment Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Safety Equipment
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next