Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Safety Equipment

Go down 
+8
Painkiller
elementfrvr
Jman
slob212
Theguy09
Lone Wolf
sticks.13
AFU
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
AFU
AFU

Safety Equipment - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Safety Equipment   Safety Equipment - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 2:32 pm

The last several post have actually had nothing to do pertaining to the topic. The fact that a tactical vest allows a person to carry extra equipment, doesn't factor it as a safety necessary equipment, neither does the fact that it takes the sting out of a BB.

That being said a tactical vest can be considered a safety equipment for other reasons. For example if you have a lot of gear and you carry them in your pocket or strapped to yourself, you increase the risk of straining yourself or if you fall prodding yourself with a potentially hazardous item. I don't speak from experience airsoft wise, but I have hurt myself with items in my pockets before.

Satan wrote:
1)Glasses I don't care if you cover your face or mouth thats up to you

Do you mean glasses are mandatory, but covering the rest of your face isn't necessary? I have friends who are missing teeth because they decided not to cover their face. I use a neoprene face mask at all times myself and am considering if it is enough or not.

Satan wrote:
2)boots part of uniform if your uniform is incorrect the punishment is a firing sqaud

Because the uniform is wrong you are all going to get together and fire at a person? New players to airsoft are a resource, not a problem and not a pain. In order for the future of this sport to prosper, we must make sure that all new players to the sport find their time enjoyable. If you fire at someone because they do not have the proper footwear, they won't want to return.

I myself have always joked about the use of a firing squad, but I would never attempt to use one. Plain and simply, it is an immature method of dealing with a problem, and for a stupid problem like being out of uniform. Take it from me, this isn't the Marines. You know, if you shoot someone without their permission, they can charge you with assault. A firing squad can lead to this because when someone goes airsofting they do not agree to stand there and be shot by every member of the team.

Satan wrote:
9) Support gunner carries food for his sqaud

If I were the support gunner I would make sure to get myself shot, then I would eat all the food. Pack it in pack it out means a lot of things, but in this case I'll take it to me that you want food, bring it yourself. Considering the support rifleman probably carries the heaviest rifle, the most ammunition and the most supplies, how did you determine that he should also carry EVERYONES good?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Salkand
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: Safety Equipment   Safety Equipment - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 4:47 pm

AFU, you are absolutely correct, and I believe that all the points that needed to be made have been.

BACK TO TOPIC Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: Safety Equipment   Safety Equipment - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 5:33 pm

Well I finally made the decision to drop some money on knee pads yesterday, I have been debating this for the entirety of my airsoft career. I figured I'm going to need my knees in the military so I might as well take care of them so I don't have to retire at the age of 23 Laughing.

sticks
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: Safety Equipment   Safety Equipment - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 9:14 am

Knee Pads and Elbow Pads are always a good investment !!!
Something to look into if anybody is planning on buying a new Uniform, Mil-Tec offers their uniforms with integrated Elbow, Knee and Shoulder Pads. The uniform itself offers an abundance of Pockets for the small extra niceties that just won´t fit into your Tac Vest, and if you should need a matching Jacket, they have a built in Assault Pack.

Their Uniforms are mostly RIP-STOP, Light Weights, the Elbow, Knee Pads are a semi/hard rubber foam that is moldable to you individual needs for a perfect fit, being that the Protection is integrated where it is needed, there is no slipping of the pads and the protection stays where it is needed.
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: Safety Equipment   Safety Equipment - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 9:35 am

HOT OFF THE PRESS !!!!!

Just got this pic from a Team here in Europe, from last weekends MIL-SIM ( I had to work, DAMMIT !! )

Like the saying goes, A Picture is worth a thousand words.

No words are necessary to describe the benefits of using a FFM or Neoprene mask, the shot was going from Back to Front before all the energy was used up by the Ear.

You know that it had to sting a little Twisted Evil

Safety Equipment - Page 2 101_0439
Back to top Go down
AFU
AFU

PostSubject: Re: Safety Equipment   Safety Equipment - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 1:43 pm

OUCH you can see the splitting of the sin against the ear!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Salkand
mgunner564
Colonel
Colonel
mgunner564

PostSubject: Re: Safety Equipment   Safety Equipment - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 5:02 pm

OMG!!! the gun must have been firing near 600 FPS to go all the way through his ear!.. and this is why i wear a neoprene balaclava for all my games!

OUCHIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Satan
Major
Major
Satan

PostSubject: Re: Safety Equipment   Safety Equipment - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 8:39 pm

To Slob: OH MY Don't use the Lord's name in vain. I almost fell out of my chair. Of course I understand what you saying but before that man your funny. We rarley ever carry food because we don't do Mil Sims too much. But in my mind the support gunner takes weight off the sqaud so they can move faster so the gunner takes the weight and support the sqaud the DM protects the SG and the sqaud does its job. I only threaten with the firing sqaud and new members are imune to really much punishment. Ive never used that punishment though don't worry. I didnt think my grammar was that bad but apparently its unreadable ill work on that. I thought my post did contribute and I did put thought but I guess my thought sucks Sad . I gotta agree with humble part im bad with that. I just finallized all those rules and wanted to share. The skin in summer I sometimes allow shorts thats the skin part and I simply warn about the pros and cons of masks vs. glasses.

To AFU: Like what I told Slob I warn about those problems but I don't force. My Support gunners are fit and large they handle it well even if they are slower our retreats are slow and last until the backup comes. When theres no backup that means 1st 2nd and 3rd in CO are dead so fall back CO groups whose left to take as many with us as we can.

All in All im sorry if I offended pissed off or if this was not my place for the good of the topic im stepping out of this conversation.
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: Safety Equipment   Safety Equipment - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 1:08 am

Good call mgunner, the gun was an SVD shooting at 560 FPS, it was an accident, the Sniper got surprised, spun around and fired, needless to say the shooter took himself out of the game and made amends with the victim. Nobody is perfect and this is why I think, whenever and wherever possible, every available piece of safety equipment should be used, it is also based on the type of game, and the playing environment.

Example, I have a neoprene mask around my neck during Events, if I have to clear a building, then it gets pulled up to cover the face and ears, the same goes for night activity. Granted the same injury can happen in a woodland game, but under normal circumstances the engagement distances are greatly increased in comparison to CQB/CQC environments.

@Satan,

It´s all good,
But making broad all covering Dictatorial comments will lead to Problems.

Nothing personal, but I am going to share one of my Pearls of wisdom with you.

`` Is it better to be thought the fool, or to Post, and Remove all Doubt ? ´´

I do enjoy reading your posts, and sometimes you really seem to have some nice original Ideas, and contribute positively to the discussions and threads, but when you go overboard, I have to admit, You do it with Style !!! Very Happy

We´re good, no offense or insulting was intended, just a little nudge. Enough said and,
Back to Topic ( For the last Freakin Time Laughing )
Back to top Go down
Satan
Major
Major
Satan

PostSubject: Re: Safety Equipment   Safety Equipment - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 6:47 pm

Same here Slob. About the mask each class specificly has some form of protection specific for them. All my snipers use hockey shorts or slider shorts under a ghillie to protect there pelvis and it gives some crotch protection for the sharp stuff and there HAVE to where a full face mask. Heavy gunners ARE forced to where masks at all times. Infantry HAVE to where at least a half mask. And CQBers use a mask around there neck and a MICH helmet and they where plate carriers cause there close. The specifics are where masks are I gave the standard.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Safety Equipment   Safety Equipment - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Safety Equipment
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2