Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

(Poll) Sniper Role

Go down 
+6
Sentinel
Roamer
SniperL96
Admin
sticks.13
Tater
10 posters

Which style of play do you prefer?: Mobile vs. Stationary
Mobile
(Poll) Sniper Role Vote_lcap46%(Poll) Sniper Role Vote_rcap
 46% [ 6 ]
Stationary
(Poll) Sniper Role Vote_lcap23%(Poll) Sniper Role Vote_rcap
 23% [ 3 ]
Other (please explain)
(Poll) Sniper Role Vote_lcap31%(Poll) Sniper Role Vote_rcap
 31% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 13

AuthorMessage
Tater
Private
Private
Tater

(Poll) Sniper Role Empty
PostSubject: (Poll) Sniper Role   (Poll) Sniper Role Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 1:57 pm

This is a poll to see what you prefer....Do you prefer to be a mobile sniper or stationary. Do you prefer to stay in concealment
and pick off you enemy or do you like to move around, risking your concealment? State which you like and why?...this is just for fun
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

(Poll) Sniper Role Empty
PostSubject: Re: (Poll) Sniper Role   (Poll) Sniper Role Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 4:42 pm

i say other because i consider a "mobile" sniper a Designated Marksman.

in reality very few snipers are totally stationary, but usually the new snipers move around alot which turns into a great turkey shoot Twisted Evil

if i was a sniper i would be totally stationary. i might switch hides once or twice but thats it.
i would have to say stationary if by mobile you mean switching hides more than 3 times.

sticks
Back to top Go down

(Poll) Sniper Role Empty
PostSubject: Re: (Poll) Sniper Role   (Poll) Sniper Role Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 4:55 pm

I like to take a couple shots then move from my hide because after awhile people start getting a good idea where you're at and then they rush up on u aeg's blazen and that's a hard situation to get out of.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

(Poll) Sniper Role Empty
PostSubject: Re: (Poll) Sniper Role   (Poll) Sniper Role Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 5:17 pm

I would consider myself more of a stationary sniper. When I'm using my L96 I tend to find a good spot, dig in, and make it a waiting game (unless instructed otherwise by commanding officer during event). However, if I'm using my SL8 I become much more mobile. I tend to still play rather conservatively (concealment, not overly aggressive), but still more mobile than any sniper should be. Like Sticks said, I become more of a designated marskman than a sniper.
Back to top Go down
http://www.theairsoftsniper.com
SniperL96
Corporal
Corporal
SniperL96

(Poll) Sniper Role Empty
PostSubject: Re: (Poll) Sniper Role   (Poll) Sniper Role Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 6:25 pm

i'm moble. But It also can depend if my team is the attackers or defenders. If i'm the attacker,i'm always on the move,no question ask.
If i'm the defender, i'm usually mobile unless we have to defend a fort. I like to be mobile because when I shoot, usually my friends and brothers have the intellagence to find me with in the first two shots. Which, in turn, screws me over. I can't really call point blank at 10ft, B/c then they're call me a cheater. And i can't cock a spring powered pistol as fast as my older bro can pump is rifle. Thats why i'm mobile.
Back to top Go down
Roamer
Captain
Captain
Roamer

(Poll) Sniper Role Empty
PostSubject: Re: (Poll) Sniper Role   (Poll) Sniper Role Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 7:01 pm

No question for me: MOBILE
I gotta say somebody who has the skills to stay concealed while be mobile would be able to conceal themselves while they are remaining stationary with little problem. Knowing this, I gotta say having a mobile sniper who can do both would be much more of an asset.
I also have to disagree with ADMIN... you are the above described and don't bother arguing with me lol. You move around all of the time and still do well stationary. I remember a time when you disappeared behind a log on the ground and came up 20 ft somewhere else and shot me. Don't feed that stationary bull sugar!
Back to top Go down
http://theairsoftsniper.com
Sentinel
Private
Private
Sentinel

(Poll) Sniper Role Empty
PostSubject: Re: (Poll) Sniper Role   (Poll) Sniper Role Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 10:22 pm

I said other, because it totally depends on what game type it is. If its just elimination, obviously a sniper would stay in one spot, but in other games where my teammates might need cover fire, i will trail them, having my spotter watch my back, and making sure if they get attacked, I can help while still staying out of the range of fire of their AEGs.
Back to top Go down
kkoerber
Major
Major
kkoerber

(Poll) Sniper Role Empty
PostSubject: Re: (Poll) Sniper Role   (Poll) Sniper Role Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 11:18 pm

it all depends on the scenario. but i like to be stationary but i will move if necessary.

Last edited by kkoerber on Mon May 19, 2008 4:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sniper004
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sniper004

(Poll) Sniper Role Empty
PostSubject: Re: (Poll) Sniper Role   (Poll) Sniper Role Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2008 11:04 pm

i chose mobile but it depends on my objective.. if its just to harrass the enemy i may be mobile i shoot then run away then stalk back in.. but i also do alot of recon work where i sit....sit....sit and then sit.. in just every man for himself i have to sit because if i dont i get in to deep with the AEG guys and get shot. i may find a nice spot and wait but after an hour my integrety starts to wain.

but mainly i am mobile i am very good at movng undetected..
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

(Poll) Sniper Role Empty
PostSubject: Re: (Poll) Sniper Role   (Poll) Sniper Role Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 12:10 am

Mobile I think I got Add
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/alabamaairsoft
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

(Poll) Sniper Role Empty
PostSubject: Re: (Poll) Sniper Role   (Poll) Sniper Role Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 11:54 am

I can't stay stilll not even for one second yeah if my spotter can keep up deffinately moble no question about it .
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

(Poll) Sniper Role Empty
PostSubject: Re: (Poll) Sniper Role   (Poll) Sniper Role Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 3:01 pm

Alabama_Sniper wrote:
I can't stay stilll not even for one second yeah if my spotter can keep up deffinately moble no question about it .

A sniper that can't stay still??? Hmmmm..... Maybe you should rethink roles Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://www.theairsoftsniper.com
Torch34
Private
Private
Torch34

(Poll) Sniper Role Empty
PostSubject: Re: (Poll) Sniper Role   (Poll) Sniper Role Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 8:28 pm

i really prefer either depending on situation a couple of shots and your position is gone
im kind of a sneaky person so sniper is the perfect role for me
and im skinny so i can run fast and hide behind skinny trees if neccesary lol
but i mostly prefer stationary
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

(Poll) Sniper Role Empty
PostSubject: Re: (Poll) Sniper Role   (Poll) Sniper Role Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 12:30 am

I am slinder skinny and kind of short so I am good for sneakieness but i can not stay still but i am quiet about it and i love the whole sniper role admin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

(Poll) Sniper Role Empty
PostSubject: Re: (Poll) Sniper Role   (Poll) Sniper Role Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

(Poll) Sniper Role
Page 1 of 1