Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

How do you play your role as a sniper?

Go down 
+13
Gracie
silent--likethenight
Gridlock
Vader
kkoerber
elementfrvr
sticks.13
TheJim
pasniper21
TacOps Utah
Sniper004
Satan
lonesniper24
17 posters
AuthorMessage
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

How do you play your role as a sniper? Empty
PostSubject: How do you play your role as a sniper?   How do you play your role as a sniper? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 3:15 am

How do you play your role as a sniper? Do you go out and get the team/squad info,enemy locations like a modern day sniper does and you only get a few hits throughout the game, or do you take your rifle sneak around getting as many hits as you can?

Me I don't really know what I will do I will probably go out and get info for the team but then I might get the hits.
Back to top Go down
http://airsoftchat.lefora.com/forum/
Satan
Major
Major
Satan

PostSubject: Re: How do you play your role as a sniper?   How do you play your role as a sniper? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2008 9:52 pm

I do all of those depends on the situation. Its good to know all those anyway many thing me and my spotter harass troops while my other sniper takes out targets by himself.
Back to top Go down
Sniper004
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sniper004

PostSubject: Re: How do you play your role as a sniper?   How do you play your role as a sniper? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2008 11:43 am

i do all sorts of stuff. ill plat DM a littel almost never. mostly im a stait up in ghille sniper who fires 5 rounds a game and calls out troop positions.
Back to top Go down
TacOps Utah
Private
Private
TacOps Utah

PostSubject: Re: How do you play your role as a sniper?   How do you play your role as a sniper? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 1:09 pm

lonesniper24 wrote:

With deadly accuracy...
Back to top Go down
pasniper21
Sergeant
Sergeant
pasniper21

PostSubject: Re: How do you play your role as a sniper?   How do you play your role as a sniper? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 5:33 pm

Since I;m still in the half backyard stage I just shoot everything I see.
Back to top Go down
TheJim
Sergeant
Sergeant
TheJim

PostSubject: Re: How do you play your role as a sniper?   How do you play your role as a sniper? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 8:29 pm

Depends on what i am required to do at the time.... if you give me a mission scenario I'll tell you what i would do in that situation.

Jim
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: How do you play your role as a sniper?   How do you play your role as a sniper? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 11:21 pm

I'm agreeing with Jim. I play all 3 depending on what the mission requires.

sticks
Back to top Go down
elementfrvr
Captain
Captain
elementfrvr

PostSubject: Re: How do you play your role as a sniper?   How do you play your role as a sniper? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2008 11:32 pm

I play all 3 too.
Back to top Go down
kkoerber
Major
Major
kkoerber

PostSubject: Re: How do you play your role as a sniper?   How do you play your role as a sniper? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 12:11 am

i snipe/ scout snipe..... i wait till i have a clear shot or i move so i have a clear shot at the enemy
Back to top Go down
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

PostSubject: Re: How do you play your role as a sniper?   How do you play your role as a sniper? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2008 1:31 am

umm just any thing I don't really care tell all three if you would like.
Back to top Go down
http://airsoftchat.lefora.com/forum/
Vader
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: How do you play your role as a sniper?   How do you play your role as a sniper? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 6:03 pm

I'm leaning more towards being a squad sniper. A friend of mine has been an airsoft sniper (and an ex Marine GnySgt. as well) for several years, and has convinced me that this is the way to go.

Basically, you are assigned to a fireteam, and are part of a squad. When the squad engages an enemy, the sniper team (or just yourself) flanks the enemy and sets up as a sniper. With the enemy's attention directed towards others shooting at them with AEGs, you are more free to move undetected and snipe them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.airsoftsniperschool.com
Gridlock
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: How do you play your role as a sniper?   How do you play your role as a sniper? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 12:35 pm

Depends greatly on the game,enviroment and certainly the quality of players your up against.

If im in a game/scrimm that is based on assault and capture,I will swing to the scout role and head downrange generally off the beaten path but occasionally right up the middle.Once the enemy is spotted,you have to make a choice.Either stay and set up a good hide fast in which case you are now an ambush sniper,or if you haven't been spotted and have the chance to manuever(especially when your confronted by more than 2 targets)then I would continue my role as scout and relocate and convey locations to my squad.If you choose to take a shot at the opposistion when confronted by multiple targets.More than likely youll be spotted and a firefight will break out.You then have to move and fire in such a way that there confused to your new location.Now your assuming the role of a hit n run sniper,the most difficult to pull off but also IMO the most rewarding.
If your in a game with a small field with limited space to manuever,then your best bet is squad support.Youll want to stay close but not so close you can be easily singled out.Flanking will be your best bet but also risky.
Its important to realize that low crawling and prone are gonna be used 70% + of the time if you want maximum effectivness.So quality equiptment(esp. guille) are important.If your running around taking a knee and looking for a target,your not nearly as effective as you need to be to be considered a sniper.There are a ton of tactics you can employ to confuse your targets.I like to set up various traps and my favorite is a decoy.A well placed dead claymore(because its been tripped already and given the enemy quite a scare in a previous game)can be very useful.Set it where its easily spotted yet make it look like you want to hit with it.Youll be a few hundred feet away in your hide/firing posistion and when they confront your decoy you can easily get 1-2 shots off.This confusion is enough to relocate.Get behind them if you can but watch out for there sniper if applicable.Give the location to your squad if they haven't already heard the shots,let them lay down suppresing fire while you SLOWLY move into posistion to take your shots.Use a little common sense,don't fire when nothing is happening.Wait for the firefight to insume then pop them off 1 by 1 in order to disguise your posistion.Again,its important to remeber your in a bad spot and there sniper will be looking for you.Stealth is synamonous with sniping.If your spotted your no longer a sniper,your a target.This is the part most people say,sniping sucks and isn't for me.So,make sure your willing and capable to play the role properly before saying IM THE SNIPER.

Last edited by Gridlock on Wed Jan 14, 2009 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gridlock
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: How do you play your role as a sniper?   How do you play your role as a sniper? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 12:46 pm

Keep in mind that alot of the time the more inexpeirenced player(s) will simply rush your posistion if your spotted.Always keep this in mind when choosing a good firing location.You need some way to retreat fast if you need to.A single shot rifle wont give you much advantage here so you better be confident of your hide.Many times ive taken the shot but knew I was so well conceiled that I could bury my face in the dirt and let them run right on by.Doesnt always work,we all make mistakes,but its a ballsy move that will get you alot of respect later on.I also try to imagine this is a real scenario,if I make 1 mistake,im dead.This works for me cause it really keeps me on my toes.

I could go on and on but these are the basics of how I play the field.This is from a Paintball standpoint in which case you don't have nearly the effective range from your weapon.But,Im willing to bet if I stick to my tactics in airsoft,I will be just as effective.
Back to top Go down
silent--likethenight
Private
Private
silent--likethenight

PostSubject: Re: How do you play your role as a sniper?   How do you play your role as a sniper? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 1:49 pm

Although there no way to
compete with the post above me I'll put my 2 cents in. Frankly I am by far one of the most expirenced on my team so sometimes I have to act as team leader also.
Back to top Go down
Gracie
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: How do you play your role as a sniper?   How do you play your role as a sniper? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 5:57 pm

Silent, once the team gets organized alittle better you wont need too we will assign some one for that so you can go off and be a more effective sniper.
Back to top Go down
white wolf
General
General
white wolf

PostSubject: Re: How do you play your role as a sniper?   How do you play your role as a sniper? Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 7:41 pm

I go lone and spotter scoping 1 area for 5 min after slowly moving back... and no radio so I have no other noise but myself
Back to top Go down
JARHEAD
Colonel
Colonel
JARHEAD

PostSubject: Re: How do you play your role as a sniper?   How do you play your role as a sniper? Icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 7:50 pm

well im satans spotter so i do what he does, its so fun, we play 2.v.6 and we completly harrasthe enemies Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.yupyupyup.com
metal sniper3445
Private
Private
metal sniper3445

PostSubject: Re: How do you play your role as a sniper?   How do you play your role as a sniper? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2009 11:03 pm

Where I play we play a lot of like defend a certain guy but still fight offensively. I usually sneak towards the enemy area use the tracks of the enemy (dense woods easy to track) and finish off my radio communications. From there my team makes a distraction and I move in for the kill. The dude doesn't know what hit him. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Bronnoc8
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: How do you play your role as a sniper?   How do you play your role as a sniper? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 8:00 pm

Just do what you would if your life depended on it don't take it too far though........
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you play your role as a sniper?   How do you play your role as a sniper? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1