Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Yet another Radio topic

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

Yet another Radio topic Empty
PostSubject: Yet another Radio topic   Yet another Radio topic Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 2:20 pm

I know there are many topics on comm equipment already, Rolling Eyes but I am just planning on getting the proper equipment for just a three-four man squad. Would you guys suggest just normal walky talkies? Just like buy two sets? Any responses are appreciated.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Omega Lambda
Major
Major
Omega Lambda

PostSubject: Re: Yet another Radio topic   Yet another Radio topic Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 3:16 am

We've been using some old Motorolas I had lying around. They've got a decent range (about a klick in the woods, five in the open), but they're bright yellow. What I need to do is take the outer shells off and give them a good camo paint job. No real suggestion here on what the best way to go is. Just make sure it's something you can get more of if the need ever arises.
Back to top Go down
Jackofalltrades
Corporal
Corporal
Jackofalltrades

PostSubject: Re: Yet another Radio topic   Yet another Radio topic Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 2:19 am

I could paint those radios Omega Lambda remember i'm the only one around that bothers(or is cool enough) to custom make a paint schemes for my guns or at least pain them.

I see a need for headsets for thos radios thou for when we're in the thick of it
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/realm_of_burgess
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: Yet another Radio topic   Yet another Radio topic Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 12:02 pm

Normal walkies work fine if you are just doing local events. I use a Midland GTX 300, comes with 2 radios, 2 headsets, and dual charger for around $70.

If you plan on going too national events then I suggest you look into higher quality radio's. The distance you need to cover at national events are huge, so something like a Soridin or an Icom would be beneficial. If you play with people who go too national events grab a walkie that has huge range, as you might be overpowered by the nicer radio's. I use my GTX's on high power, which isn't great if you are playing for multiple days(I usually don't), but I simply cannot transmit on low power because I get overpowered.

sticks
Back to top Go down
white wolf
General
General
white wolf

PostSubject: Re: Yet another Radio topic   Yet another Radio topic Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 12:25 pm

Jackofalltrades wrote:
I could paint those radios Omega Lambda remember i'm the only one around that bothers(or is cool enough) to custom make a paint schemes for my guns or at least pain them.

I see a need for headsets for thos radios thou for when we're in the thick of it
(I do too)

but I also use motorola radios.
I have them in blue but you just need to get a black or green and paint it. all I have to say is try to get a wide area for a +1 mile range
Back to top Go down
Jackofalltrades
Corporal
Corporal
Jackofalltrades

PostSubject: Re: Yet another Radio topic   Yet another Radio topic Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 9:07 pm

well with the area I'd be covering with the paint I wouldn't even really bother to do extensive camo probally just olive drab.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/realm_of_burgess
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yet another Radio topic   Yet another Radio topic Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yet another Radio topic
Page 1 of 1