Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Are there any problems with the UTG L96?

Go down 
+7
scooterprodigy
Murder
aveenvp
AFU
white wolf
MetallicAirsoft
Rusty M16A4
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Rusty M16A4
Captain
Captain
Rusty M16A4

Are there any problems with the UTG L96? Empty
PostSubject: Are there any problems with the UTG L96?   Are there any problems with the UTG L96? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 10:58 am

I heard the Hopup is messed up.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/sgtb0yr13
MetallicAirsoft
Major
Major
MetallicAirsoft

PostSubject: Re: Are there any problems with the UTG L96?   Are there any problems with the UTG L96? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 11:44 am

from my expirience they feel really cheap and the stock weighs so much more then the rest of it so go with an UTG m324(or aps2) since your a backyarder
Back to top Go down
white wolf
General
General
white wolf

PostSubject: Re: Are there any problems with the UTG L96?   Are there any problems with the UTG L96? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 11:53 am

m324s is a good rifle for the backyard.... I used mine during my backyard years and it still works well
Back to top Go down
AFU
AFU

PostSubject: Re: Are there any problems with the UTG L96?   Are there any problems with the UTG L96? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 12:45 pm

I have purchased the UTGl96 for my first airsoft gun (Not a good idea to purchase a sniper rifle when you are just starting off into airsoft). I actually like the gun. I have upgraded some of it since then, but I find it accurate, and isn't too heavy.

Rusty M16A4 wrote:
I heard the Hopup is messed up.

I have never noticed a problem with the Hop-up, it is a downside to the product though. You have to use an allen wrench (Which comes with the airsoft weapon) in order to turn the Hop-up either down or up. Because of this, you will have to have your Hop-up set to the desired position before you enter a game (Which is a good habit to get into for any airsoft weapon) but in this case, making last minute adjustments while a game is currently commencing, will not be easy or advisable.

If you decide to purchase the UTG L96, I think you will manage to have fun with it either with backyard airsoft and beyond to official hosted games.

If you go to shortyusa (www.shortyusa.com), they offer a few nice looking sniper rifles as well as a lot of reviews on their products. That should help you with seeing how others view the rifle in question. I would post a direct link, but for odd reasons, shortyusa's site doesn't allow me to copy/past their address without it taking you to the home page.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Salkand
Rusty M16A4
Captain
Captain
Rusty M16A4

PostSubject: Re: Are there any problems with the UTG L96?   Are there any problems with the UTG L96? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 3:37 pm

Okay thanks for the help you guys. Appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/sgtb0yr13
aveenvp
Major
Major
aveenvp

PostSubject: Re: Are there any problems with the UTG L96?   Are there any problems with the UTG L96? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 5:11 pm

the utg mk96 is generally considered a great starter rifle and better than the m324. For example, the m324 shoots 425 fps stock while the l96 shoots 480. The l96 also has a longer barrel and greater accuracy. Its only con is that it is somewhat bulky.
Back to top Go down
Murder
Private
Private
Murder

PostSubject: Re: Are there any problems with the UTG L96?   Are there any problems with the UTG L96? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 3:44 pm

i agree with aveen, i've never actually owned an mk96 but i have had the utg m324 and its not something to be proud of. i mean you can keep it around for quite awhile (its durable is what i'm trying to say) but its not that great. I've heard much better things about the mk than i have about the m324
Back to top Go down
http://www.taairsoftteam.webs.com
white wolf
General
General
white wolf

PostSubject: Re: Are there any problems with the UTG L96?   Are there any problems with the UTG L96? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 3:09 pm

also the bolt IS WHACK
Back to top Go down
scooterprodigy
Major
Major
scooterprodigy

PostSubject: Re: Are there any problems with the UTG L96?   Are there any problems with the UTG L96? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 7:46 pm

i owned it but it broke .(MY own mistake not the gun's)overal it prettt y ccurate but u just have to zero out the scope if u have one and i used .3 and it was really accurate
Back to top Go down
JARHEAD
Colonel
Colonel
JARHEAD

PostSubject: Re: Are there any problems with the UTG L96?   Are there any problems with the UTG L96? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 1:49 am

WW, didnt you like just get ur m324 like last spring/ winter? cause me n satan like recomended it too you?
Back to top Go down
http://www.yupyupyup.com
p51dmustang
Corporal
Corporal
p51dmustang

PostSubject: Re: Are there any problems with the UTG L96?   Are there any problems with the UTG L96? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 8:48 pm

watch the whole trigger mechanism, and safety, my l96 didnt last a year
Back to top Go down
white wolf
General
General
white wolf

PostSubject: Re: Are there any problems with the UTG L96?   Are there any problems with the UTG L96? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 9:14 pm

JARHEAD wrote:
WW, didnt you like just get ur m324 like last spring/ winter? cause me n satan like recomended it too you?

NOPE, stop with that, please....
I got it before I met u and the fourm
Back to top Go down
elementfrvr
Captain
Captain
elementfrvr

PostSubject: Re: Are there any problems with the UTG L96?   Are there any problems with the UTG L96? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 10:25 pm

I am actually going to get the L96 for Christmas. Westley will be my spotter. I Just figured knowing that someone else was getting one might help.
Back to top Go down
JARHEAD
Colonel
Colonel
JARHEAD

PostSubject: Re: Are there any problems with the UTG L96?   Are there any problems with the UTG L96? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 10:31 pm

white wolf wrote:
JARHEAD wrote:

NOPE, stop with that, please....
I got it before I met u and the fourm

with what? i was just asking a question, i believe i remember you asking us what a decent sniper rifle was and i was clarifying it with you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.yupyupyup.com
mgunner564
Colonel
Colonel
mgunner564

PostSubject: Re: Are there any problems with the UTG L96?   Are there any problems with the UTG L96? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 10:31 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are there any problems with the UTG L96?   Are there any problems with the UTG L96? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Are there any problems with the UTG L96?
Page 1 of 1