Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

mp5j upgrades

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
p51dmustang
Corporal
Corporal
p51dmustang

mp5j upgrades Empty
PostSubject: mp5j upgrades   mp5j upgrades Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 3:01 pm

LAst week i bought my Echo 1 mp5j off of airsoftsmith.com and fell in love with it on site. I took it to operation 219 in springfeild however, and felt as though i were carrying a pea shooter, so im looking to upgrade my mp5 into a beast of a gun, but still be compact and somewhat acurate

any thoughts or ideas would be highly apriciated
Back to top Go down
aveenvp
Major
Major
aveenvp

mp5j upgrades Empty
PostSubject: Re: mp5j upgrades   mp5j upgrades Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 3:36 pm

well what are you trying to upgrade? ROF or FPS? for ROF you would need a new battery, a new motor, and maybe a new piston. For FPS you would need a stronger spring, new gears, new bushings, and a new piston.
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

mp5j upgrades Empty
PostSubject: Re: mp5j upgrades   mp5j upgrades Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 3:55 pm

Out of all the mp5s I've torn through, the MP5j is no exception. Purchase a new motor ASAP before you find out the hard way that the motor it comes with is crap.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
sticks.13

mp5j upgrades Empty
PostSubject: Re: mp5j upgrades   mp5j upgrades Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 5:01 pm

P51, I went too 219 too! Sucks that it got Monsooned out but who were you?

About the Mp5, Madbull tightbore barrels are really nice and cheap. Systema makes a great bucking, and I would use higher weight BB's than you are now. Smith sells a AMP motor thats very nice too, they run about $40 and should give a nice little boost in ROF.

sticks
Back to top Go down
p51dmustang
Corporal
Corporal
p51dmustang

mp5j upgrades Empty
PostSubject: Re: mp5j upgrades   mp5j upgrades Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 11:23 pm

Ill go in order of postin
Aveenvp- Currently im trying to increase FPS by 20-30fps, and increase my battery life by an extra few hours

M14-so you are saying i need a new moter for my gun, how much trouble will that be to put in?

Sticks-I was the kid with a black vest, OD camo, and Red goggles
and again will putting a moter in be a lot of trouble?
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

mp5j upgrades Empty
PostSubject: Re: mp5j upgrades   mp5j upgrades Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 2:06 am

No, it's actually a really simple proocess. If neccessary I could walk you through it, although theres probably a video on Youtube somewhere. But When the time comes if you need help just ask and I'm sure me or Sticks could help.

The motor in both MP5s I have owned, along with two my buddies owned, ALL had the same motor problem. After a short ammount of time (All four of the cases I've seen ranged from a month to three months) The motor will "crash" and whenever the trigger is pulled a VERY high pitched scratching and whining sound is produced and the gun won't fire. This is solved by purchasing a new motor, but I've also heard you can take the motor out of the gun and put it back in (once again very simple) and the problem should be solved. Never tried that method first hand, I just bought a new one. That problem aside, a new motor in your MP5 couldn't hurt anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Semper Fi
Corporal
Corporal
Semper Fi

mp5j upgrades Empty
PostSubject: Re: mp5j upgrades   mp5j upgrades Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 2:11 am

yep i saw that my self
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

mp5j upgrades Empty
PostSubject: Re: mp5j upgrades   mp5j upgrades Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

mp5j upgrades
Page 1 of 1