Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

My thoughts...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Seabass_9000
Seabass_9000

My thoughts... Empty
PostSubject: My thoughts...   My thoughts... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 4:26 pm

Personally I prefer to be in small squads (2-3 people) with good communication via radio's. I have found that sticking in larger groups (4+ people) you tend to get noticed a lot easier and lets face it, every team has that 1 guy that makes as much noise as a Metallica concert stomping through the woods without even paying attention to their surroundings... Just try to get on the other squad. Very Happy
From my experience what seems to work for me is having 1 or 2 players take on the opposition from a straight on position and the other squad members flanking to either or both sides. I am an aggressive player, so going up the middle and drawing fire is perfect. I generally play better under pressure anyways. If you have a couple guys that move well in wooded environments, use them as your flankers because chances are the opposition will be paying attention to the guy in the middle that is all by himself anyways. This is a simple tactic to use, but it works over and over. If your team doesnt have radio's I promise you if you do get them and start using them in conjunction with squad movement... you will notice your squad being much more effective even against larger groups. It is also much easier to set "traps" for the opposition. Last year our team tore up by putting some guys behind thick brush that wasnt easy to see through and a few of us would stand out of range down the field a ways and tell the players down in the brush how close the attacking squad was and what their position was in conjunction to our players (i.e. 11 o'clock, 9 o'clock, etc...). Then we would tell them when to attack. I am not joking when I say that it was effective 100% of the time. It is easy to find places like this on just about any field. Chances are you can get the players within 10 feet of your players if you really want to. Of course this involves a lot of comm. and patience by all players involved, but it is extremely rewarding to be the guy on the radio letting the other squad members know when to attack and when they simoultaneously attack and stun the opponents it is truely a Kodak moment.

Another good tactic is running through a heavily guarded area screaming like Slacker, but we will save that for another day...
Back to top Go down
http://www.theairsoftsniper.com
Sentinel
Private
Private
Sentinel

My thoughts... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My thoughts...   My thoughts... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 5:38 pm

Lol I would get along well with slacker.

It's wierd because when i am sniping, i am very mellow, and if people are moving up on me i would take off and try to put distance between us.

On the other hand when i am using my mp5, or my friend's shotgun, I like running straight up to my opponent yelling random phrases and shooting like crazy. Twisted Evil

The strategy you mentioned is a lot like this one thing i did with my two friends before.

I was sniping and so was my other friend Dylan. My friend Tom-tom was playing CQB. Anyways, me and Dylan would move forawrd with around 100 ft between us, shooting at people that fell inbetween us. My friend tom would stay hidden, and when someone(s) would come on one of ours flanks he could run up and assist almost idmediatly. It was just a fun game by my friends house in this little forest, but it worked really well. Sometimes tom would run up into the kill zone and flush people out of cover, which worked really good Cool
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

My thoughts... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My thoughts...   My thoughts... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 6:49 pm

Seabass: i think it depends on the mission status.... as an example. one game i tagged along with SPEAR(pretty much started out with them) in the deep dark forests of Springfield(100+acres per field, 2 fields for those who don't know). we played on the northeast field (the one with the green and brown villages in it) and we HAD to find our obj (rest of 60person team was trapped by other team of 120ish ppl). there were four(4) places where our obj could have been(logically) and 1 of them we had already cleared(brown village).the other three(3) possible objectives were two(2) cannons on the far both side, and the other (brown) village. our squad leader(Evil Head) deceived to go for the two cannons about 80-90 acres north of our position. it ended up that we had to travel all the around the field (checking the guns before we left) and figured out that our obj was the green village. but before we could get to the green village we got ambushed and were taken out(3-1 was the ratio of them to us... i got 4 i think). < the whole point of that story was to say that sometimes it is better to travel in bigger groups. why u ask, "you got wiped out". well the point is that if we had split up we could not had completed any of our objectives as no one was properly prepared to be a recon element (in the form of fireteams) and we would have been dispersed long before that point had we been in small units. so i would not totally keep the Squad formation out of your plans. in most cases how ever a Sniper team would have been perfect for this type of reconnaissance. but we didn't have any reinforcements, and very little supplies(ammo, water, battery power etc). i like the idea of a squad that can break up into fireteams, i have seen this and found that if is way more effective than just normally splitting into fire teams.

just my 2 cents Smile

sticks
Back to top Go down
Seabass_9000
Seabass_9000

My thoughts... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My thoughts...   My thoughts... Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2008 8:55 pm

Agreed, it does depend on what your squads mission is. Last year at BF4 the team I was on (U.C.R.S.) was responsible for several of the objective's for the Green team. We definitely did our part as far as points were concerned... but we still managed to pull off several of these "traps" I am speaking of in the process. I wouldnt just stay in one part of the field to do this all day. Very Happy I am not that patient on the Airsoft field. I like to move around a bit. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Fox13
Corporal
Corporal
Fox13

My thoughts... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My thoughts...   My thoughts... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 11:19 pm

Personally I like to move in a sniper spotter type configuration. Two people is just the right amount of people I think. 3 or more and your to loud but when buy yourself you don't have quite enough fire power to really cause a disturbance. That is if you are a sniper (me) but if you have SAW well then let them have it.
Back to top Go down
Seabass_9000
Seabass_9000

My thoughts... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My thoughts...   My thoughts... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 11:33 pm

Well said Fox... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roamer
Captain
Captain
Roamer

My thoughts... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My thoughts...   My thoughts... Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2008 11:42 pm

Welcome to the forums Fox13.. I would have to agree with you there. A two member team can be quite lethal as well as very quiet as opposed to a larger team of 4 or more.

I am ADMIN's spotter. Do you use a spotter much of the time... if so I would love to hear your thoughts on that
Back to top Go down
http://theairsoftsniper.com
Fox13
Corporal
Corporal
Fox13

My thoughts... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My thoughts...   My thoughts... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 8:09 pm

It is funny that you should ask that question. For a long time I was a lone wolf and recently me and my best friend tried being a sniper/spotter team. We totally rocked the other team. It was great. So from now on this is how we are going to play. Once we both we get our ghillie suits it wont even be funny (for the other team that is Very Happy)
Back to top Go down
Roamer
Captain
Captain
Roamer

My thoughts... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My thoughts...   My thoughts... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 12:53 am

AWESOME!!!! I can't wait to get into our spotter/sniper relationship lol
I have thought of many different ideas. For instance we are working out some basic hand signals (even though we will have throat mics) so that we can quietly attack our opponents in an organized fashion without giving up our element of surprise.
I realize you probably don't want to share all of your tactics, but if you have any suggestions I would love to hear them. I am constantly looking for new ways to dish out the pain!!! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Fox13
Corporal
Corporal
Fox13

My thoughts... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My thoughts...   My thoughts... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 11:50 pm

Lol. I will let you in on all our tactics once we start training (its winter and it just rains here in Washington. Sad )
Back to top Go down
Seabass_9000
Seabass_9000

My thoughts... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My thoughts...   My thoughts... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 12:08 am

Well here in Ohio it is about 20 degrees and snowing. We currently have about 2-3" of snow on the ground. Sad The problem with this is the fact that on Sunday its suppose to be in the 40's and everything will start melting, then it will get cold again and snow. Ohio weather sucks.

This weekend doesnt look very promising as far as Airsoft goes. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Fox13
Corporal
Corporal
Fox13

My thoughts... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My thoughts...   My thoughts... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 12:23 am

Trust me though, snow is way better than rain. Last time I played in the rain it was dark and raining cows and sheep (lol). That match lasted 1 1/2 hours. And no one moved because there was only 1 trail from fort 1 and 2. Both teams had set an ambush and sent one person around to flank but the "flankers" didn't get to the other team because the foliage was so thick. Unfun.
Back to top Go down
Seabass_9000
Seabass_9000

My thoughts... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My thoughts...   My thoughts... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 12:28 am

Sounds a bit on the unfun side... I will agree with you on that.

In Ohio you just hear the person coming from 80 yards away because of the snow crunching under their feet. Smile You also get really cold just sitting there and while sitting there you also get really wet from the snow. Your gas guns wont work because its so cold, and the AEG batteries drain about twice as fast.
Without any foilage, you can also see about 100 yards in any direction and spot somebody quite easily. Very Happy

In the Spring it is really nice, but in the area we play in, mosquitoes become a real problem along with the extreme humidity. Kinda sucks. Sad
Back to top Go down
Roamer
Captain
Captain
Roamer

My thoughts... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My thoughts...   My thoughts... Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 8:53 am

I liked the only time I played in the rain... It was pretty cool because you could get away with a lot of movement without giving up your position b/c it was pretty hard to hear. I remember walking out behind a base and a member of the other team was standing right in the middle of the path... shot me before I even knew where he was. It actually scared the crap out of me becuase I didn't hear or see him coming. I thought that whole experience was pretty cool. I am not so sure if I'd do it again due to the potential damage to guns
Back to top Go down
Fox13
Corporal
Corporal
Fox13

My thoughts... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My thoughts...   My thoughts... Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 12:29 pm

Yes the rain does hide your position but like you said it hides your enemies as well. And every time I herd a big rain drop fall I would whip around and there wasn't anyone there. (Or maybe I am just paranoid.) Dang Necro-Post Srry.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My thoughts... Empty
PostSubject: Re: My thoughts...   My thoughts... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My thoughts...
Page 1 of 1