Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Thoughts on...

Go down 
+6
david
SnoSnipe
alexkmmll
DrummerBoyz95
Spl. Durkee
Ksquared
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Ksquared
Sergeant
Sergeant
Ksquared

Thoughts on... Empty
PostSubject: Thoughts on...   Thoughts on... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 6:51 pm

This gun.
Do you think it is 1337?
Or do you not like?
Just say if you like/don't like and why.

I personally would want a different, cooler airsoft rifle rather than a rifle modeled after a .22 rifle. But it is a pretty cool gun, just the price is kinda high seeing as you can get a REAL .22 for about the same if not less. But then the question of paying for bullets or BBs comes into play...
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

Thoughts on... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on...   Thoughts on... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 7:06 pm

Ya not really feeling it. The practical applications of a .22 in "real combat" are limited LOL...I don't really understand why they would replicate a tacti-cool .22
The only time I see .22's like that are when I'm at the range and there's some 40 year old tacti-cool poser down the line with his little mini-14 .22 crap with face suppressor lol.

KJ would've earned my money in a heartbeat if they made a good Mini-14 5.56 though.
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

Thoughts on... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on...   Thoughts on... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 8:12 pm

It's a replica Ruger 10/22 with a tactial kit on there. Really stupid IMO, seeing as the diameter of a .22 bullet is even less than a BB and no one uses .22s for tactical applications besides practice. I think they should make a regular wood 10/22 and then release a tacticool kit/version. It would be kinda fun to mess around with one, the stock one hopefully being under $200.
Back to top Go down
alexkmmll
Major
Major
alexkmmll

Thoughts on... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on...   Thoughts on... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 9:55 pm

LOL. Real world application scenario of .22 (House clearing):
House clearers with .22's break down door. Firefight ensues.
Enemy one is hit with a round from one of the .22s
Enemy one- "Agh d**n! I think they might be firing blanks at us! That one kinda stung!
If your gonna use blanks, aim for the legs ***holes!"
Enemy two- "No man, look! They're using .22s!"
Enemy laughs, then proceeds to slaughter the .22 users.

But seriously, it looks like they mixed a shotgun with a random assortment of assult weapons. Hmm, maybe we should fight wars with .22's. I bet death rates would go down... Heck, it'd be kinda comical!
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

Thoughts on... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on...   Thoughts on... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 9:58 pm

Well by all means the .22 is still deadly, it is a bullet after all. A large number of non-military gunshot deaths are caused by .22 LR cartridges. But this gun is just lame.
Back to top Go down
Ksquared
Sergeant
Sergeant
Ksquared

Thoughts on... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on...   Thoughts on... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 11:53 pm

@alexkmmll I thought the same thing about it looking like a shotgun assault rifle.
And Durkee, I think that a Mini-14 AS gin would be pretty sweet.
Back to top Go down
SnoSnipe
Colonel
Colonel
SnoSnipe

Thoughts on... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on...   Thoughts on... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 12:09 am

AIRSOFT GUNS SHOULD NOT BE MORE EXPENSIVE THAN REAL GUNS!
Back to top Go down
david
Major
Major
david

Thoughts on... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on...   Thoughts on... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 12:24 am

BTW how do you do the link thing where when you click on "gun" it goes to the website?
Back to top Go down
Creed769
Colonel
Colonel
Creed769

Thoughts on... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on...   Thoughts on... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 6:58 am

.22 rifles are cool little guns, and it actually makes me mad when people devalue them. They still kill you, trust me, I shoot you in the neck or head or heart, your dead.
Back to top Go down
http://thetruthaboutairsoft.blogspot.com/
gentry
Major
Major
gentry

Thoughts on... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on...   Thoughts on... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 9:59 am

would anyone say that KJW rifle would be good for like a post apocalyptic scenario though where people are limited to weapons and such
Back to top Go down
http://bwbairsoft.proboards.com/index.cgi
Sanguinary Angel
Sergeant
Sergeant
Sanguinary Angel

Thoughts on... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on...   Thoughts on... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 6:38 pm

When i saw that on asgi the other day i thought they were selling a .22 lol
Back to top Go down
Ksquared
Sergeant
Sergeant
Ksquared

Thoughts on... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on...   Thoughts on... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 7:56 pm

Sanguinary Angel wrote:
Haha the same thought came to my mind when I first saw it.

And the .22 really is an undervalued round. Now I would rather have a larger heavier round but the .22 is great for plinking due to lower cost for ammo and it does possess killing power.

And snosnipe, I'm not sure if you were being sarcastic but if you were I was just saying that I would rather buy a real .22 over a 6mm firing .22 replica.
Back to top Go down
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

Thoughts on... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on...   Thoughts on... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 7:58 pm

Ksquared wrote:
Sanguinary Angel wrote:

And the .22 really is an undervalued round. Now I would rather have a larger heavier round but the .22 is great for plinking due to lower cost for ammo and it does possess killing power.

And snosnipe, I'm not sure if you were being sarcastic but if you were I was just saying that I would rather buy a real .22 over a 6mm firing .22 replica.

people who joke about .22s should be shot with one in the head, and then we'll see who is dissing its stopping power? doesn't matter.... when you're dead.
Back to top Go down
Ksquared
Sergeant
Sergeant
Ksquared

Thoughts on... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on...   Thoughts on... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 8:01 pm

NoNeed2Hate wrote:
Ksquared wrote:
Sanguinary Angel wrote:

people who joke about .22s should be shot with one in the head, and then we'll see who is dissing its stopping power? doesn't matter.... when you're dead.
Or in the kneecap. And if they keep dissing the .22, then shoot them in the head. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

Thoughts on... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on...   Thoughts on... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 8:06 pm

Ksquared wrote:
NoNeed2Hate wrote:
Ksquared wrote:
Sanguinary Angel wrote:

Or in the kneecap. And if they keep dissing the .22, then shoot them in the head. Twisted Evil

back on topic though, that is quite a unique looking rifle. I wouldn't mind taking that on the field. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ksquared
Sergeant
Sergeant
Ksquared

Thoughts on... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on...   Thoughts on... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 8:07 pm

It's definitely different from the average replica one would see in a normal game. Seeing it actually inspired me to look up military usage of the .22 round.
Back to top Go down
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

Thoughts on... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on...   Thoughts on... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 8:18 pm

Ksquared wrote:
It's definitely different from the average replica one would see in a normal game. Seeing it actually inspired me to look up military usage of the .22 round.

military uses of the .22;

killing those vicious squirrels trained by the enemy
to piss off and demoralize fat and slow enemies by shooting them, much like a be sting.
getting rid of those pesky rats in forwards OPs
Back to top Go down
Ksquared
Sergeant
Sergeant
Ksquared

Thoughts on... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on...   Thoughts on... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 8:37 pm

NoNeed2Hate wrote:
Ksquared wrote:

military uses of the .22;

killing those vicious squirrels trained by the enemy
to piss off and demoralize fat and slow enemies by shooting them, much like a be sting.
getting rid of those pesky rats in forwards OPs
That's what Wikipedia said!!! So it must be true.

But they actually use them for stuff like taking out doggies and lights and the most dangerous of all.... WINDOWS!!!
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

Thoughts on... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on...   Thoughts on... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 8:39 pm

Ksquared wrote:
Why would he be sarcastic? Re-read what he said. You could go on Impact Guns and buy a Ruger 10/22 with a Tapco stock kit (LE stock, pistol grip, rails) for $230. The KJW is $260.

@NN2H didn't you just say that people who joke about the .22 should be shot in the head scratch
Back to top Go down
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

Thoughts on... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on...   Thoughts on... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 8:42 pm

DrummerBoyz95 wrote:
Ksquared wrote:
Why would he be sarcastic? Re-read what he said. You could go on Impact Guns and buy a Ruger 10/22 with a Tapco stock kit (LE stock, pistol grip, rails) for $230. The KJW is $260.

@NN2H didn't you just say that people who joke about the .22 should be shot in the head scratch

I would gladly be shot in the head by a .22 to prove it is deadly drummer Wink
Back to top Go down
Ksquared
Sergeant
Sergeant
Ksquared

Thoughts on... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on...   Thoughts on... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 8:43 pm

DrummerBoyz95 wrote:
Ksquared wrote:

I just thought that he might believe that I was freaking out over the fact that sometimes airsoft guns are more expensive than real guns, like I said, I wasn't sure if he was using sarcasm (assuming he wasn't) but just reiterating my original point.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Thoughts on... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on...   Thoughts on... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on...
Page 1 of 1