Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Problem with a friend's gun

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Reaper
Corporal
Corporal

Problem with a friend's gun Empty
PostSubject: Problem with a friend's gun   Problem with a friend's gun Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 10:58 am

Hey guys I require the wisdom of you guys on here. My friend's brother recently bought a jg sig 552. Hy friend though forgot to tell his brother that you cannot use any kind of bb's so the guy went and bought a bunch of .12's. He shot the gun, and then it stopped shooting. They asked me for help, i'm not a super gunsmith or anything, but i think it might just be a simple jam. It sounds like the motor is winding, but nothing is coming out..any thoughts on what it is, or what to look for if it could be worse. And if its a jam all i need to do is put an unjamming rod in the barrel right?
Back to top Go down
Accordion man
Corporal
Corporal
Accordion man

PostSubject: Re: Problem with a friend's gun   Problem with a friend's gun Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 12:40 pm

to me it sounds like a jam. yes just stick the unjamming rod down the barrel and take the gun's magazine out. make sure the gun is upright so the bb's fall out. also make sure that the hole where the bb's go in, located where the mag was, is open. simply do this by quickly pulling the triggr when it is either on auto or semi. Oh one more thing, this happened with my G3 if you push the bb's back to far then they wont fall out and you'll have to use a tiny flathead screw driver to move it away from th back and more to the front so it can fall out.

Alright that's about it from me. you may wanna get one of the more advanced guy's to answer you though.
Back to top Go down
Capt-Crowbar
Captain
Captain
Capt-Crowbar

PostSubject: Re: Problem with a friend's gun   Problem with a friend's gun Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 3:24 pm

Well, I'm not sure. If he used .12s the motor or the mag feed may have crushed them, resulting in tiny plastic chunks spread throughout the gun. NOT FUN. Try just unjamming the barrel, and it still isn't working, open up the gun and look around, see if you can find any problems.
Back to top Go down
Reaper
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Problem with a friend's gun   Problem with a friend's gun Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 3:33 pm

i would take it apart, but i'm not a gunsmith. I'll look up videos later though
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: Problem with a friend's gun   Problem with a friend's gun Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 3:34 pm

First off,

Is the Gun Completing a firing cycle ?? Compressing, Release, ??

If the Motor is just spinning ?

If the gun is going through a complete firing cycle, then chances are nothing more than a Barrel Jam.
Back to top Go down
Reaper
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Problem with a friend's gun   Problem with a friend's gun Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 3:37 pm

hmm. i have not seen it yet, but he says it sounds like it is trying to shoot. I'm going to look at it on thursday though. if it's worse though would the gun be basically done for?
Back to top Go down
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

PostSubject: Re: Problem with a friend's gun   Problem with a friend's gun Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 3:38 pm

DO NOT use a flathead screwdriver to unjam your rifle, much less put it anywhere near your barrel of hopup and feeder.... you will seriously f up the rifle.... but just answer the questions slob asked and we can give you a definitive answer Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Reaper
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Problem with a friend's gun   Problem with a friend's gun Icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 4:24 pm

sorry. not able to answer them because i have not seen the gun personally yet. i only know what happened. they are bringing the gun over today. I'm hoping it's just a simple jam.

Edit:They brought the gun yesterday..well i picked it up, and it shot..then it would not shoot. i talked to one of the local guys and he said it sounds like a fuse problem.
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: Problem with a friend's gun   Problem with a friend's gun Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 1:39 am

Quote :
They brought the gun yesterday..well i picked it up, and it shot..then it would not shoot. i talked to one of the local guys and he said it sounds like a fuse problem.

I am assuming that when you say `` It would not shoot ´´ & `` local guys and he said it sounds like a fuse problem ´´, after the first shot nothing happens.

It is electrical, loose contact anywhere along the wiring harness, switch assemble, selector plate, cable shoes to motor, battery connectors.
Back to top Go down
Reaper
Corporal
Corporal

PostSubject: Re: Problem with a friend's gun   Problem with a friend's gun Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 2:38 pm

ah ok. yeah thats what i mean.Thanks slob for going into that Very Happy really don't know myself. The local guy said it would be an easy fix for him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Problem with a friend's gun   Problem with a friend's gun Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Problem with a friend's gun
Page 1 of 1