Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

The Man and His Rifle

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Captain Quizno
Private
Private
Captain Quizno

The Man and His Rifle Empty
PostSubject: The Man and His Rifle   The Man and His Rifle Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 1:26 am

Hello everyone, Id like to tell you a bit about myself and the sport (as it effects me) before i begin. Im Kyle. I joined this forum about 2 days ago and im christmas shopping for my present. Iv chosen a airsoft sniper rifle because I already have a AEG (XM8) and I love it. But more importantly I love the sport. I've been playing airsoft for about 3-4 months and now that winter has come we've packed away our weapons till spring. The feild we play on is not to say in the least bit impressive. We have a few obsticles and towers ect. Till recently we all played with wimpy Wal-Mart clear airsoft shotguns and pistols. Then we all really started enjoying it so we put more money into the sport. And now that winter is here id like to get a new gun for spring and iv rather enjoyed the perspective of a sniper. So i researched and researched all that I could to make sure I was getting the right gun. Finally a few days later i found the WELL L-96. From what many people tell me its a very fair game rifle and I heard rumors that the sniper from Team Juggernaut still uses this rifle. So I thought to myself " If its good enough for him, its good enough for me " So thats the rifle that i currently have in mind though I am still considering others. Now, down to business.
I'm Having second thoughts about becoming a sniper in airsoft..... To me being a sniper means i have 3 major advantages over the enemy. 1. Camouflage- staying unseen is everything 2. Firepower- My rifle has a higher FPS so when i hit them, they remember it. 3. Distances- My rifle shoots farther than theirs, Thats definitely a upper hand.

But what im trying to get around to is im the first airsoft sniper in my town.... im 16 i don't know exactly how far 200ft is. The field we play on is not extremely vast.... you could probably hit someone from 1 end to the other with a AEG. All these videos (Though very cool) i watch about the man and his rifle don't show me anything. The whole reason behind me picking a rifle was because of those 3 things but in every movie i watch the only people that seem to be having fun is the guys with the AEGs and the sniper pretty much just sits in 1 spot.... takes a shot, dosent signify whether hes hit the man or not or the distance. There was however a video i saw that showed a sniper hit a guy in the cheek and made it bleed but he wasn't sitting at a distance farther than what a AEG can hit. so can you lighten up this subject for me? It would greatly be appreciated. Id also like the chance to say that Team Juggernaut you guys have done a fantastic job on your site with the pictures, videos and non stop action. Great job =D

- Kyle
Back to top Go down
killyouno5
Major
Major
killyouno5

PostSubject: Re: The Man and His Rifle   The Man and His Rifle Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 2:27 am

First off welcome to the forum and nice post but to answer you the best i can yes this gun is very good in fact may be one of the best. Easily upgradable and is very reliable. Second is if you have doubts about becoming a sniper then don't do it just yet. Find someone with a bolt action sniper rifle and ask if you can use it in a match. I also see that you said that there wasn't any snipers around you this could be a problem also but in that case get a gun that is spring action and maybe do some work with a pair of camo clothes to make it somewhat of a gillie and play a few games like that. It may not be to much like what you will really be doing but it may give you a better idea of what sniping is about. And yes snipers do normally sit back and take shots from a distance but they can also get in close ahead of the rest of the team and cause havoc to the other team. Personally I am a support gunner and i will soon be getting a saw for my team. But this is also the position i think i will be best at. The best way to benefit you team or in many cases is to be what you are best at. Now you can train to be a sniper but you also must be willing to put allot of work into practicing to become unseen in a match. there are plenty of ways you can practice to become incognito but if you wish to learn more about that PM me or one of the other members on the forum and they will be happy to help you. The best advise i can give you now is to hold off from buying the gun now and learn as much as you can so that way you don't buy the gun then find out you don't like being a sniper.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=567300653
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: The Man and His Rifle   The Man and His Rifle Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 8:23 pm

This post sounds flamiliar , could it be that it had been copied onto one of your many messages to me , no couldn't be must just be De Ja Vu . Anyway , you know my opinion on the matter . Don't believe the hype and go with your gut . I could go on and on for days on why and why not to become an airsoft sniper , but why ? I do not control your body , I do not know what you like and what you don't like . I like airsoft snipping , but again thats just me . I wish that I could help you , but this is a matter that you will have to resolve on your on .
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/alabamaairsoft
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: The Man and His Rifle   The Man and His Rifle Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 4:28 am

Hi Captain Quizno,

I think you managed to cover more threads with one post than any I have ever read,
Very Happy .

Introduce yourself,
Tactics
Which Gun
AEG v. Spring
What Position to Play
Your Team

Nice Post !!! Very Happy

Like A_S stated, AirSoft is up to the Individual, reguardless of what position you Play, they all have Advantages, and Dis-advantages. It comes down to the individual Player, most players are not cut out to be a AS-Sniper, it looks cool, but in reality it is a lot of hard work to become effective and an element to be feared on the Playing Field, 95 out of 100 Players are not ready to make that commitment, and out of the remaining 5 maybe only 2 will be really good at the Job.
Back to top Go down
Captain Quizno
Private
Private
Captain Quizno

PostSubject: Re: The Man and His Rifle   The Man and His Rifle Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 10:02 am

Thanks slob, I really appreciate how fast my threads are being answered =D As for the advice you just given me it seems the odds are stacked against me, however I don't really have a AEG picked out and I've already selected my rifle and parts. Im going to give it a try, I know ill enjoy it. Our field is really dence with lots of moss hills and sum thick forest here and there and I already have a ghillie so it all work out nicely. Idk I have already laid down my setup I will be buying on the General air soft sniper's nest and I'm confident this is what I want.
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: The Man and His Rifle   The Man and His Rifle Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 4:01 pm

Then Half the Battle is won for you !!! You keep that attitude and you will make a good sniper !
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: The Man and His Rifle   The Man and His Rifle Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 7:43 pm

I am ruitn for you .
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/alabamaairsoft
Captain Quizno
Private
Private
Captain Quizno

PostSubject: Re: The Man and His Rifle   The Man and His Rifle Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 9:03 pm

Thanks m8s I really appreciate this help, I was expecting this forum to take a long time for 1 thread to be answered but you guys jump on them like bob cats on mice. I thank all of you for your dedication to this forum and your AMAZING help and support. You all deserve a pat on the back. =D
Back to top Go down
killyouno5
Major
Major
killyouno5

PostSubject: Re: The Man and His Rifle   The Man and His Rifle Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 12:16 am

aww im flattered... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=567300653
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

PostSubject: Re: The Man and His Rifle   The Man and His Rifle Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 11:15 pm

In any case, to be a good sniper, there is one trait you need to make the whole thing work-PATIENCE. It's the magic word. Our sniper can sit and wait under extreme camoflogue for a very long time. This make it very scary for sub-machine gunners like me to move thoruogh the field-it feels like he will be watching you, waiting where ever you go. It's nerve-wrecking, and really makes you think twice. You already sound dedicated enough, and you have a few other good sniper traits. But patience is one of the snipers best weapons, other than his camo, his field craftmanship, and of course his Riflemans skills. But whether you actually turn out to be a good sniper or not is up to you-and the decisions you make in the field.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Man and His Rifle   The Man and His Rifle Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Man and His Rifle
Page 1 of 1