Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Setbacks of sniping

Go down 
+7
sniper_32
Zane
aveenvp
mgunner564
Murder
panic324
Bravo78
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Bravo78
Corporal
Corporal
Bravo78

Setbacks of sniping Empty
PostSubject: Setbacks of sniping   Setbacks of sniping Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 12:15 am

Ifyou can, canyou list any setbacks of sniping ?
Back to top Go down
panic324
Sergeant
Sergeant
panic324

Location : San Francisco Bay Area, Communist Republic of California

PostSubject: Re: Setbacks of sniping   Setbacks of sniping Icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 1:38 am

Setbacks? Well, if you're not cut out for the job you're gonna learn real quick that you spent a lot of money on a role that you don't enjoy.

Other than that though, it kinda depends on how you mean 'Setbacks.' I mean, its kind of annoying sometimes not having the ROF of these big huge AEG's, and its a bugger to go to such pains for camo and concealment, but if you really truly enjoy the art of sniping, you won't think of these as setbacks, but as challenges to overcome.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=674516301&ref=profile
Murder
Private
Private
Murder

PostSubject: Re: Setbacks of sniping   Setbacks of sniping Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 9:14 pm

i would have to agree with panic... if your not cut out for the job then thats one setback and the money you have to spend to get a good platform is another very big set back
Back to top Go down
http://www.taairsoftteam.webs.com
mgunner564
Colonel
Colonel
mgunner564

PostSubject: Re: Setbacks of sniping   Setbacks of sniping Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 10:22 pm

lol being spotted by a squad form about 50ft......not fun at all thank Don't use the Lord's name in vain. it was winter and i was wearing heavy clothing
Back to top Go down
aveenvp
Major
Major
aveenvp

PostSubject: Re: Setbacks of sniping   Setbacks of sniping Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 11:24 pm

not being able to provide supressing fire, being dependent on a security detail if you engage in a firefight, not seeing much action, not getting many kills, etc. just the basic stuff.
Back to top Go down
Zane
Major
Major

PostSubject: Re: Setbacks of sniping   Setbacks of sniping Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 8:07 pm

What most new players will hate about sniping is the fact that you do not get man players out. Many new players have the illusion that its all gung ho one shot on kill thing while in reality your primary purpose during a game will be scouting and if needed distraction. Other then the distraction thing you really wont see to much action during a game...depending how you play. If your new to airsoft I recommend you start out as a DMR or a spotter this will give you a idea of what a sniper does but still give you to ability to participate in more direct forms of play.
Back to top Go down
Murder
Private
Private
Murder

PostSubject: Re: Setbacks of sniping   Setbacks of sniping Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 9:12 pm

completely agree with zane. Thats how i started and found it enjoyable.
Back to top Go down
sniper_32
Colonel
Colonel
sniper_32

PostSubject: Re: Setbacks of sniping   Setbacks of sniping Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 11:13 pm

for me setbacks are waiting.. im patient but it can be hard after awhile especially when you see your target but their just a lil' too far out of range Mad
Back to top Go down
Murder
Private
Private
Murder

PostSubject: Re: Setbacks of sniping   Setbacks of sniping Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 11:33 pm

i love that feeling. See how long you can hide from them before they come right ontop of you. then shoot them. Or get that one long range shot that really helps the team that you've been waiting in that one spot all day for.
Back to top Go down
SFSoldierBennett
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Setbacks of sniping   Setbacks of sniping Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 12:03 am

Well I agree with the first guy...there really isn't any set backs if you trully love the art of sniping I mean sure there is challenges but every role you play you will have certain challenges you must over come. So its not a mater of how hard the challenges are its really if you love it enough to put the effort and time behind getting over the challenges...Other than that the only problem I have with sniping is indeed what Sniper_32 said...WHEN you see him and he is just a little bit out of your range and you don't want to shoot and alert him of your position.

SFS
Bennett
Back to top Go down
K1nG
Sergeant
Sergeant
K1nG

PostSubject: Re: Setbacks of sniping   Setbacks of sniping Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 12:13 am

You have to ask yourself what you like, not what's in the movies. Do you like to sit and wait, or run and gun. If you like the fast paced games, then go CQB.
Back to top Go down
bboy.snow
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Setbacks of sniping   Setbacks of sniping Icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 12:58 am

being a sniper means you sit back and support everyone else. if you don't have much patience you shoudent even consider being a sniper..
but when your teams dead or your playing a search and destroy game its pritty awesome
Back to top Go down
c0mr4d3
Sergeant
Sergeant
c0mr4d3

PostSubject: Re: Setbacks of sniping   Setbacks of sniping Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 5:09 pm

Man im glad i read this I was going to chuck out about 700$ on a tokyo maurui thanks I think im going to buy an AEG first and be a spotter for a sniper before i get into sniping myself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Setbacks of sniping   Setbacks of sniping Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Setbacks of sniping
Page 1 of 1