Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Should noobs use Ghillies

Go down 
+28
Captain Quizno
the bees knees
Gridlock
sbgodofmetal
Creed769
killyouno5
panic324
TheJim
GeneralMDBK
Insane Mercc
got ambushed?
p51dmustang
slob212
pasniper21
AFU
Satan
TacOps Utah
lonesniper24
.25 Gram Sniper
STAT
AGM Sniper
Sniper004
Lone Wolf
sticks.13
M14 double-taps
kkoerber
Alabama_Sniper
djstasevich
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

should noobs use ghillies
yes
Should noobs use Ghillies - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%Should noobs use Ghillies - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 20% [ 10 ]
no
Should noobs use Ghillies - Page 2 Vote_lcap65%Should noobs use Ghillies - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 65% [ 32 ]
other (reason)
Should noobs use Ghillies - Page 2 Vote_lcap14%Should noobs use Ghillies - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 14% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 49

AuthorMessage
panic324
Sergeant
Sergeant
panic324

Location : San Francisco Bay Area, Communist Republic of California

Should noobs use Ghillies - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should noobs use Ghillies   Should noobs use Ghillies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 26, 2008 7:37 pm

Might as well let them use one. Let them learn on their own that they're not invisible. My guess is that they'll pick it up REAL fast.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=674516301&ref=profile
GeneralMDBK
Private
Private
GeneralMDBK

PostSubject: Re: Should noobs use Ghillies   Should noobs use Ghillies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2008 5:33 pm

you do have a great point about that!
Back to top Go down
p51dmustang
Corporal
Corporal
p51dmustang

PostSubject: Re: Should noobs use Ghillies   Should noobs use Ghillies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 9:51 pm

I am building a ghiillie right now, and i have to say this is a LONG process, and i plan to have learned almost all of the nescescary skils by the time i'm done (10 hours on half a BDU hat!!!)
Back to top Go down
djstasevich
Major
Major
djstasevich

PostSubject: Re: Should noobs use Ghillies   Should noobs use Ghillies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 10:08 pm

I was playing a dusk/ night game and the enemy walk right over me. I was directly off the path with my sniper and the enemy walked not three feet right in front of me and stopped, and I was not using camo that night. I was so nervous, If I had my gas pistol i would have taken him out, but it is too cold out. Therefore I just let him pass by. That specific enemy was sambam, who even when I say bang insists on shooting, which I think should be against the rules. That is why I let him pass, 400fps at three feet doesn't feel good. I am yet to teach him the Bang Bang rule.
Back to top Go down
http://statairsoft.weebly.com/index.html
kkoerber
Major
Major
kkoerber

PostSubject: Re: Should noobs use Ghillies   Should noobs use Ghillies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 10:17 pm

yeah i was right next to DJ when this happened and it scared the crap out of me... because me and DJ where just using snipers and Sambam had his AEG so if we moved or made any noise we would have got'n mowed down.
Back to top Go down
killyouno5
Major
Major
killyouno5

PostSubject: Re: Should noobs use Ghillies   Should noobs use Ghillies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 1:34 am

Lol you should of shot him in the shoe and said your out...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=567300653
Creed769
Colonel
Colonel
Creed769

PostSubject: Re: Should noobs use Ghillies   Should noobs use Ghillies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 1:15 am

I haz invisibility powers!
Back to top Go down
http://thetruthaboutairsoft.blogspot.com/
sbgodofmetal
Private
Private
sbgodofmetal

PostSubject: Re: Should noobs use Ghillies   Should noobs use Ghillies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 9:01 pm

i voted no because i think they should learn to use their surroundings first before atempting a guillie i've found some iron on patches a few years back at actiongear.com that you just iron on your bdu's and insert vegetation into these little elastic bands and i think this could work just as good as a guillie at a fraction of the cost

cheapest guillie on the market $75

12 pack of iron on vegetation patches $6.99

and lets not forget their sales pitch "bushrag.. become the bush"
Back to top Go down
http://www.darkmetro.webs.com/
sbgodofmetal
Private
Private
sbgodofmetal

PostSubject: Re: Should noobs use Ghillies   Should noobs use Ghillies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 6:22 pm

heres another set of camo patches for$0.99 http://www.centerfiresystems.com/CAMOREPAIR.aspx
Back to top Go down
http://www.darkmetro.webs.com/
Gridlock
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Should noobs use Ghillies   Should noobs use Ghillies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 1:23 pm

Yes..They are cumbersome and tricky to use.IMO,If someone is intrested in sniping,they need to get accustomed to the suit right from the start.This will in most cases dissuade the average person from watching a movie and saying ohh Im playing a sniper.Ive seen many many times players put a guille on and 5 minutes later there ready to go back to there assaut role.So to me,this is an important part of a snipers equiptment and needs to be learned right away.All of what you said about new snipers is true,however.Taking a new player and getting them accustomed to just running around isn't really sniping.Its assault! Its tricky to get the proper guille for the area youll be playing in and extremely important.The more they use one,the more they get an idea of where they need to set up firing posistions and how to properly apply local foilage to the suit to increase concealement.

I would reccomend to start out,don't get a full guille.Get the half suit which comes with what you need to cover your head and torso,These generally drop down to around the knee lvl and can be a great training aide.You can still use stealth tactics but it allows much more freedom of movement to get acustomed to using them.There also cheaper which is always a bonus.
Back to top Go down
the bees knees
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Should noobs use Ghillies   Should noobs use Ghillies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 10:01 pm

I voted no, let him experience the hard stuff first then once he has the ghillie suit he will be prepared. It's kinda like playing the guitar you learn to play acoustic first because it's harder and once you learn acoustic you can play electric very well.
Back to top Go down
Captain Quizno
Private
Private
Captain Quizno

PostSubject: Re: Should noobs use Ghillies   Should noobs use Ghillies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 3:45 pm

Hello. I vote yes. When I went to an Army camp in the summer that better prepares you for the RMC (Canadian) they craft you in Field Specialties. We were using paint balls but the setup was very similar. I being the nub that i am went for the ghillie suits they had arranged because of all the movies I had seen where camouflage is key . After the first 2 matches I was beat down so much with paint but I got to learn the field a bit better and positioned myself in key points. The key was to blend with your background. If you never practice with something then you'll never achieve greatness with it. Ghillies are not the same as camouflaged gear. I know one offers Mobility while the Ghillie offers supreme camouflage (again in the right hands) so what im trying to say is playing with a Ghillie and playing with good olde fashioned camo are 2 totally different things. Holding one above the other is wrong. 2 different types of play, 2 different experiences, 2 different specialties. I could be wrong, but thats my view on the subject.
Back to top Go down
bdon21
Private
Private
bdon21

PostSubject: Re: Should noobs use Ghillies   Should noobs use Ghillies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 5:34 pm

if a noob does not know how to use the ghillie correctly than whats the point of it. there could be a noob with a ghillie in a woodland situation but not know how to hide himself well. so no noobs should not use ghillies.
Back to top Go down
Murder
Private
Private
Murder

PostSubject: Re: Should noobs use Ghillies   Should noobs use Ghillies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2009 12:00 am

i say step by step
Back to top Go down
http://www.taairsoftteam.webs.com
TobyCross
Private
Private
TobyCross

PostSubject: Re: Should noobs use Ghillies   Should noobs use Ghillies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 04, 2009 11:02 pm

I answered other. on one hand most noobs need to learn basics. However, my bro is a very recent airsofter. I told him not to get a ghillie suit. he got one anyway and he is dang good at it.

Bottom line don't underestimate anyone
Back to top Go down
JARHEAD
Colonel
Colonel
JARHEAD

PostSubject: Re: Should noobs use Ghillies   Should noobs use Ghillies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 2:17 am

i don't care for the topic, but please don't use the term noob in airsoft, thats a video game thing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.yupyupyup.com
bdon21
Private
Private
bdon21

PostSubject: Re: Should noobs use Ghillies   Should noobs use Ghillies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 05, 2009 4:39 am

JARHEAD wrote:
i don't care for the topic, but please don't use the term noob in airsoft, thats a video game thing.
who cares? its in the topics name so why not use it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Murder
Private
Private
Murder

PostSubject: Re: Should noobs use Ghillies   Should noobs use Ghillies - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2009 3:47 pm

You just shouldn't. I don't think its that hard not to use the word, and just because its in the topic doesn't make it any better.
Back to top Go down
http://www.taairsoftteam.webs.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should noobs use Ghillies   Should noobs use Ghillies - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Should noobs use Ghillies
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2