Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

gearbox

Go down 
+2
Lone Wolf
ard777
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ard777
Corporal
Corporal
ard777

gearbox Empty
PostSubject: gearbox   gearbox Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 10:49 pm

Ok, i was just trying to take apart my gearbox to troubleshoot a problem, but it won't open. Does anyone know how to take the metal bar/slider thingy off the top of the gearbox? thanks.
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

gearbox Empty
PostSubject: Re: gearbox   gearbox Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 11:40 am

You have to push it forwards (same direction of barrel) There usually is a safety pin too.

Pics?
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
ard777
Corporal
Corporal
ard777

gearbox Empty
PostSubject: Re: gearbox   gearbox Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 1:43 pm

Heres a picture. I think that top notch is not allowing it to pass through. also, sorry for the blurry picture, but thats all i could do. you can see a hole and a notch, thats what i'm talking about.

https://servimg.com/view/12675413/10
Back to top Go down
ard777
Corporal
Corporal
ard777

gearbox Empty
PostSubject: Re: gearbox   gearbox Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 2:21 pm

.....help?
Back to top Go down
house119
Private
Private

gearbox Empty
PostSubject: Re: gearbox   gearbox Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 2:23 am

What Kind of gearbox is that?
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
ard777
Corporal
Corporal
ard777

gearbox Empty
PostSubject: Re: gearbox   gearbox Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 5:30 pm

i believe it is a version 3, but a little different than other v3's because of the long type motor. It should be pretty similar to a version 3 mp5, as this is an mp5k.
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

gearbox Empty
PostSubject: Re: gearbox   gearbox Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 10:34 pm

No Mp5's typically use V.2
Back to top Go down
ard777
Corporal
Corporal
ard777

gearbox Empty
PostSubject: Re: gearbox   gearbox Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 10:42 pm

Oh. Well, i'm not quite sure then. I know for sure it is a version 3, and the only thing i need to know is how to get the slider off. there are 2 metal tabs that are on the seam on the top of the gearbox, and the slider has a hole that is stuck inside the tab like things. Except its not as easy as that. you can push or pull on the tabs, they are sort of just there.
Back to top Go down
ard777
Corporal
Corporal
ard777

gearbox Empty
PostSubject: Re: gearbox   gearbox Icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2008 5:21 pm

Ok we have a war on saturday. Does anyone know how to do this??? I've been looking over the entire internet, and not finding anything. please help!!

p.s. i'm not trying to sound bossy or anything, but my gun has been apart for a while with 2 responses here.
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

gearbox Empty
PostSubject: Re: gearbox   gearbox Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 9:51 am

Hi,

That metal bar slidey thingey is called a Stopper Rail, the reason it is on there is to improve the stability and increase the life of your GB, to remove it you need a small hammer, and a Punch ( Some people use a Flat Head Screwdriver ), and it will help quite a bit if you got a freind or somebody to help you, if not Place the GB between your legs, Punch on the Stopper Rail, and smack that sucker with the hammer ( Real Tech Talk hahaha ), once you get the nipple out of the window, you should be able to pull it off. Sometimes you made need to use some a pair of pliers, be careful not to bend the rail or you will never be able to get it back on.
Maybe this link will help you,

http://www.airsoftretreat.com/features/reviews/mechbox_guide/
Back to top Go down
ard777
Corporal
Corporal
ard777

gearbox Empty
PostSubject: Re: gearbox   gearbox Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 5:34 pm

wow thanks! I'll use what you said and the link, and hope i do it right. thanks again for the advice.
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

gearbox Empty
PostSubject: Re: gearbox   gearbox Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 5:44 pm

Take your time, don´t rush it, and everything will go fine.
Back to top Go down
ard777
Corporal
Corporal
ard777

gearbox Empty
PostSubject: Re: gearbox   gearbox Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 5:46 pm

yeup. And thanks again slob, lonewolf, and house119 for help and efforts.
Back to top Go down
ard777
Corporal
Corporal
ard777

gearbox Empty
PostSubject: Re: gearbox   gearbox Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 5:56 pm

success, i got it off. thanks again! for like the 3rd time.
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

gearbox Empty
PostSubject: Re: gearbox   gearbox Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 2:10 am

Congrats,

But don´t thank me yet, the real fun begins when you put it back on !! If the stopper rail was hard to pull off, its going to be just as hard to put back on and if you are not careful it will cut the "Watch your language" out of your hand, you have been warned !! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ard777
Corporal
Corporal
ard777

gearbox Empty
PostSubject: Re: gearbox   gearbox Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 10:40 pm

Well, i can't deal with that yet. I still have to get my gearbox back together now... which i need help with. The only things that are disassembled are the gears and anti reversal latch and trigger stuff and of course the spring and piston etc. etc. I think the problem with my gun could be that the teeth on the piston are basically stripped.. i'm not sure how, since i only shot this for about a week. anyway, i can't find any links on the mp5k for putting the gearbox back together, can any of you find one? I've looked a lot. I can put most of the gearbox together, just the trigger stuff i'm having trouble with.
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

gearbox Empty
PostSubject: Re: gearbox   gearbox Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 3:10 am

This is a V2 Gearbox ?? From your description it sounded like you are workong on a V3 gearbox, never had any chance to work on a Galaxy MP5, but as far as I know, and I could be wrong, but all MP´s have V2 Gearbox´s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R__kLzsNPAY&feature=related

http://www.team-sapc.org/Content/pid=7.html

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/articles/skyfire/mechbox/mechbox2/mb2_p1.htm

http://www.mechbox.com/mechbox/v2-mechbox-spring-upgrade

Any one of these should help if it is a V2 Gearbox, if its a V3 let me know and I will track down some more links for you.

I get the feeling this is your first GB Dissasembly, take your time, don´t rush it, if you start to get upset because things are not going well, Take a Break, relax, and then try again later.

If the teeth are stripped out of your Piston, don´t even try putting it back in, time to replace it. And it is quite easy to strip a piston, even if you have only been shooting the gun for a day, alot of it comes down to trigger control.
Back to top Go down
ard777
Corporal
Corporal
ard777

gearbox Empty
PostSubject: Re: gearbox   gearbox Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 1:39 pm

On the websites i have been on, it has said that the mp5k is a v3. Other than that, yes this is my first disassembly/assembly on a gearbox. and on my piston the first four teeth aren't really stripped... they just show wear. i'll try that piston, otherwise i will replace it.
Back to top Go down
mercenary
Private
Private

gearbox Empty
PostSubject: Re: gearbox   gearbox Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 12:48 pm

I noticed that your signature says Galaxy mp5-k...

China manufacturers have a tendency to experiment. Hence, the galaxy has certain characteristics of a V3 and V2 gearbox. My suggestion is download info regarding how to take down both gearbox designs..
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

gearbox Empty
PostSubject: Re: gearbox   gearbox Icon_minitimeSat Sep 27, 2008 8:11 pm

no, they do not experiment. I don't know where you get your facts bud. They make direct CLONES of TM. FYI

They may have subtle changes to compensate for the plastic bodies. all end all the GB designs are the same and TM came up with the version i.e. V.1-V.7

www.mechbox.com, or check my sig.
Back to top Go down
mercenary
Private
Private

gearbox Empty
PostSubject: Re: gearbox   gearbox Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 3:03 am

were I get my info. well from actual experience. 1993-2008

cyma barrels before did not follow the standard marui barrels. even their hop assembly did not follow TM. Cyma mp5-J the cm-027 has a V2 gearbox but used a V3 spring guide with bearing. Cyma ak's before used m4 air seal nozzles instead of the ak47 nozzles not sure what they are using now..So if you are talking about direct clones of TM, yes they FINALLY did on newer models. The learning curve of Chinese mfrs are going up since now they can produce units with 400-450fps units, with parts now being compatible with GNG, TM, CA etc...

Next time BUUUD learn to ask politely.. You will get better answers and learn more Neutral
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

gearbox Empty
PostSubject: Re: gearbox   gearbox Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 11:27 am

<insert motivational attempt at ending dispute>
Come on guys. We're all on the same team here. Besides, I'd hate to see two of my recent top-posting members (not to mention quality members) in a dispute. Neutral
</insert motivational attempt at ending dispute>

Okay, while I'm not a pro with Chinese clones and their manufacturers, my understanding is that they do sometimes take, say, a V2 gearbox, keep the primary design but add/remove/change a few parts which can cause complications when upgrading/modding internals. I've heard of this problem occurring many times - where people by upgrade parts for their "V2/V3/etc." gearboxes but they end up not fitting either that well or at all.

And, on a sidenote:
This is not directed to you two, but more at the 1,000,000 other examples I've seen this happen - It's a lot more effective and polite to instead of saying something like:
"No you're wrong. The version 3 gearbox is 10X better designed than the Version 2."
You say something like:
"I always thought the version 3 was better than the version 2. My understanding is that... blah blah blah."
See the difference everyone? Instead of outright disagreeing and being sometimes demeaning, it's often better to pose your opinion/position as a suggestion or gesture, even if you know you're right. And, as I've found out personally, if you do it that way and it ends up you're wrong, you don't look like such a moron Smile

*this lesson has been brought to you by the mysterious "Admin."
Back to top Go down
http://www.theairsoftsniper.com
slob212
slob212

gearbox Empty
PostSubject: Re: gearbox   gearbox Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 12:44 pm

Ok guys, break it up, everybody into a neutral corner, and at he bell, everybody shake hands and be nice cheers .

Gentelmen, having a heated arguement about AirSoft is such a waste of time, could be that the meaning or sentiment came accross the wrong way, and that has gotten the blood pressure up, maybe not, it really dosn´t matter.

Mercenary you have been involved in the Airsoft community for 13 years, so you have seen the developments, improvements and just plain junk come and go on the market, the same as the rest of us.
Anybody that is involved in AS more than let´s say 6 months, and has torn down a GB, and listened to the Tips, Tricks from thier `` BUDDIES´´, knows that it isn´t that simple. If anybody involved more than 5 years, then they have all seen that the tolerances, specs and designs from manufacture to manufacture can be worlds apart. What works in, let´s say CA, may not work in SRC and visa versa.

Lone Wolf, your correct in stating that the GB designs are copies of the TM original, you are also correct in stating that the may have and in most cases do have slight variations to thier design, but keep in mind when we are talking about a tolerance from just a few millimeters lets say in nozzle clearance, we now have a gun that will correctly feed or not, or a shell that will fit into a body or not, and there are GB shells on the market in all versions that will only fit in specific models, even though they are designed for a V2,V3 and so on.

Any dedicated Tuner, Builder, Player or just Collector, has seen, heard, or read about all the ``Nifty´´ ways that we can make our guns just that much better, and as we all know most of them are just outright B:S:. Many are marketing tools, many are `` BUDDY TIPS´´ and most are just plain wrong.

A Forum should be used to trade of experiances, knowlege and insights, not to go slamming into each other, arg777 asked for help, and know he is sitting there reading all the new posts in his thread, and still dosn´t have the answer he was looking for !!

One of the pleasing aspects of this Forum for me is the opening banner, >No Hating, No Politics, Just AirSoft<, lets keep it that way. cheers

So lets all take a time out, Pop the top on a cold one, and get back to Airsoft Very Happy

Cheers
slob212

P.S. How long have I been involved ? When I started we played with Grossman and Daisey BB guns, I got the scars to prove it Shocked .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

gearbox Empty
PostSubject: Re: gearbox   gearbox Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

gearbox
Page 1 of 1