Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Should Civilians wear Army Uniform patches/badges?

Go down 
+8
sticks.13
Ksquared
slob212
DrummerBoyz95
Spl. Durkee
iliveforthis99
NoNeed2Hate
Warsawwarrior9
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Warsawwarrior9
Major
Major
Warsawwarrior9

Should Civilians wear Army Uniform patches/badges? Empty
PostSubject: Should Civilians wear Army Uniform patches/badges?   Should Civilians wear Army Uniform patches/badges? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 12:43 am

Hey guys, I played airsoft with a group of people. Each one of them wears a ranking insignia on acu's, and also SF and airborne patches also..
Other patches too that I can not remember at this time.
I was wondering what your all opinions are on people wearing these things during airsoft? I had quite a long drawn out chat over facebook with one of the persons that was doing this.

Should Civilians wear Army Uniform patches/badges? 162876_122782677788481_100001702487285_139861_625719_n

Should Civilians wear Army Uniform patches/badges? 165118_1767717796395_1342703546_1898041_5466741_n

I for one highly disagree with what this kid is doing.
If you are going to play airsoft, play airsoft.
Don't pretend to be something you're not.

Last edited by Warsawwarrior9 on Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/dancsbt
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

PostSubject: Re: Should Civilians wear Army Uniform patches/badges?   Should Civilians wear Army Uniform patches/badges? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 12:49 am

Simply put, if you didn't earn it then don't wear it.
Back to top Go down
iliveforthis99
Colonel
Colonel
iliveforthis99

PostSubject: Re: Should Civilians wear Army Uniform patches/badges?   Should Civilians wear Army Uniform patches/badges? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 1:13 am

Personally, i have to agree with you, wearing unit patches and the likes when you didn't earn them is wrong and disrespectful to those who have. But not everyone thinks the same way and they may think it's ok and yet still not come off as disrespectful. I don't know, i can kinda see their reason but still i think it's wrong.

As to wearing rank insignia i'm less picky. If you're part of a large team with a command structure wearing some form of rank ID makes sense.
Back to top Go down
http://cvaa.webs.com
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Should Civilians wear Army Uniform patches/badges?   Should Civilians wear Army Uniform patches/badges? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 1:19 am

That's a negative, ghostrider...

Don't wear em if you didn't earn em. That goes for rank...awards...military emblems...unit patches...etc.
As you said...if you're going to play airsoft...play f*cking airsoft! This isn't a beauty pageant.
Back to top Go down
Warsawwarrior9
Major
Major
Warsawwarrior9

PostSubject: Re: Should Civilians wear Army Uniform patches/badges?   Should Civilians wear Army Uniform patches/badges? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 1:40 am

Thank you all =]
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: Should Civilians wear Army Uniform patches/badges?   Should Civilians wear Army Uniform patches/badges? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 1:58 am

Major disrespect to those who truly earned them doing real duties. Don't wear "US ARMY" if have no intention of stepping into a recruiter's office and signing your name. Don't wear EGAs all over your loadout just because you use MARPAT. Don't sew on three stripes just because you're a squad leader. AND DON'T FCUKING WEAR A SPECIAL FORCES PATCH JUST BECAUSE YOUR TEAM THINKS THEY'RE 1337 or any affiliation patch/insignia/badge for that matter.
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Should Civilians wear Army Uniform patches/badges?   Should Civilians wear Army Uniform patches/badges? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 2:06 am

DrummerBoyz95 wrote:
Major disrespect to those who truly earned them doing real duties. Don't wear "US ARMY" if have no intention of stepping into a recruiter's office and signing your name. Don't wear EGAs all over your loadout just because you use MARPAT. Don't sew on three stripes just because you're a squad leader. AND DON'T FCUKING WEAR A SPECIAL FORCES PATCH JUST BECAUSE YOUR TEAM THINKS THEY'RE 1337 or any affiliation patch/insignia/badge for that matter.
Well said.
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: Should Civilians wear Army Uniform patches/badges?   Should Civilians wear Army Uniform patches/badges? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 2:22 am

How about we sort this out for a minute,

Unit Patches, A service member is not awarded a unit patch, they are assigned there, it is part of their uniform, that also goes for SF, Rangers and the Airborne, in each you have NON-Quals that wear the unit patch, be it the Scroll, SpearHead, Double Deuce, Screaming Eagle ect.......

The Tabs are awarded, and there are only 3 in the U.S. Army, Ranger, Special Forces or the Presidents 100, all others are part of the unit designator.

Special Skills,
Marksmanship, Pathfinder, EIB, CIB, Master Blaster, EOD, Scuba, Jump Wings, Air Assault, ect....
All Special Skills Identifiers that the servicemember has earned through completion of schooling.

HeadGear,

Berets, Flashes, Unit Crests
Again part of a Specific units uniform, though some have special regulations regarding the wear of the Headgear, Example.....
Non-Quals in Socom are required to wear the Beret, but to designate them as Non-Qualified, they are not allowed to wear the Flash behind the unit crest.

So BTT, Players wearing unit insignias, awards, rank, SQI´s on their uniform have a place in the AS Community, so long as they are re-enactors, other than that, I personaly find it insulting, but we live in a fre society ( nice thought ), so if a players wants to openly demostrate their ignorance, please by all means, go right ahead, but be prepared for the amount of flack that you are going to catch.

Something to consider for all the Patch Hungry players, when a Team or Club starts establishing a value system for Rank, Awards, Special Qualifications, the a flirting very close with being viewed as a Paramilitary Orginization, which of course brings them into conflict with the Patriot Act, donb´t think any of us would like to start messing around with the MIB when they come knocking at three in the morning.

On a side note of which I just got reminded, there are cases where players wear some Unit Identifiers and Awards out of Respect, Pride and Honor.

My Daughter has some of my original awards on her Uniform, she wears them out of Pride, yes she does catch som crap every now and then, and her answer is always the same, `They are from my Dads time in the Military, if you have a problem with it, go talk to him, he is right over there. ´
Back to top Go down
Ksquared
Sergeant
Sergeant
Ksquared

PostSubject: Re: Should Civilians wear Army Uniform patches/badges?   Should Civilians wear Army Uniform patches/badges? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 9:00 pm

Spl. Durkee wrote:
That's a negative, ghostrider...

Don't wear em if you didn't earn em. That goes for rank...awards...military emblems...unit patches...etc.
As you said...if you're going to play airsoft...play f*cking airsoft! This isn't a beauty pageant.
Agreed, agreed, and again... agreed.
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: Should Civilians wear Army Uniform patches/badges?   Should Civilians wear Army Uniform patches/badges? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 10:35 pm

why is the guy with the AK sagging in his ACU's? This is why it can be disrespectful...

sticks
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: Should Civilians wear Army Uniform patches/badges?   Should Civilians wear Army Uniform patches/badges? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 10:55 pm

Because his pants are storing his stash of tactical bullshit! Duh
Back to top Go down
Warsawwarrior9
Major
Major
Warsawwarrior9

PostSubject: Re: Should Civilians wear Army Uniform patches/badges?   Should Civilians wear Army Uniform patches/badges? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 12:13 am

Looks as if they are unbuttoned/belted.... But yes this pissed me off quite alot, especially his responses to what I said.
Back to top Go down
NoNeed2Hate
General
General
NoNeed2Hate

PostSubject: Re: Should Civilians wear Army Uniform patches/badges?   Should Civilians wear Army Uniform patches/badges? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 4:50 pm

Well whenever I see someone wearing a rank. I try so hard to refrain from punching them in the face (unless of course they earned it~)
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Should Civilians wear Army Uniform patches/badges?   Should Civilians wear Army Uniform patches/badges? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 5:07 pm

NoNeed2Hate wrote:
Well whenever I see someone wearing a rank. I try so hard to refrain from punching them in the face (unless of course they earned it~)
GENERAL PATTON APPROVES
Should Civilians wear Army Uniform patches/badges? PattonSlap

I also hate those kiddie teams with military structure...that feel the need to go around calling each other "sir" and "captain" and "general"...that's just...man that's embarrassing.
Play some \"Watch your language\" airsoft and shut your mouth, your time to salute, shoot, and stab will come when Uncle Sam needs you!
Back to top Go down
Kleiner Fuchs
Private
Private
Kleiner Fuchs

PostSubject: Re: Should Civilians wear Army Uniform patches/badges?   Should Civilians wear Army Uniform patches/badges? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 1:48 am

I'm about 6 months late on this, but I ran across this and was so mad I had to sign-up and join just to post on this. Assigned to a unit or not, whatever the reason might be, if you enlisted or were commissioned, if you served with the unit or support units, supply, and wore that patch and rank, trust me, you earned it. The simple fact you stood up and volunteered for service means all of that is earned, not fricking "given" to you like Corky the airsoft lawyer tried to state before. I don't care about the technical language associated with it. If you wear it during service, you earned it. I play all the time and I typically don't use any of my old patches and rank, because it's make-believe and I'm not out there to puff out my chest, I'm there to enjoy myself. One of the few times I did wear a full set someone tried to call me out, so I just presented my ID card and VA card because I do receive benefits for injuries I receive in the line of duty. He turned very pale, and simple walked off. My rank and unit aren't important in this whole mess, the point is, if you didn't put in work, make that sacrifice and think that things are a given, we can talk later. It's disgusting to wear rank, unit, squadron, ODA's, wing, command, even service branch insignia if you did not earn it or were "assigned" to them. Yes, you earn badges, blah, blah, blah. You also earn the right to wear that uniform. If I was to find out someone out on the field was wearing them, and didn't serve, or wasn't "assigned", it wouldn't be violence I would use, that's just a waste of time and cliche, it's the power of the spoken word from someone who has experienced some very hard times and very proud times. He can take all of his PURCHASED gear home, take a cold shower and ball-up in the corner to wash the truth away, but no matter how hard he wishes, that airsoft isn't going to fire a 12.7mm x 99mm round, no RDX, no RPK's coming for him and he's just Mr., not SSGT or COL. - sucks to be him. Jack wagon.
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Should Civilians wear Army Uniform patches/badges?   Should Civilians wear Army Uniform patches/badges? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 2:06 am

Kleiner Fuchs wrote:
I'm about 6 months late on this, but I ran across this and was so mad I had to sign-up and join just to post on this. Assigned to a unit or not, whatever the reason might be, if you enlisted or were commissioned, if you served with the unit or support units, supply, and wore that patch and rank, trust me, you earned it. The simple fact you stood up and volunteered for service means all of that is earned, not fricking "given" to you like Corky the airsoft lawyer tried to state before. I don't care about the technical language associated with it. If you wear it during service, you earned it. I play all the time and I typically don't use any of my old patches and rank, because it's make-believe and I'm not out there to puff out my chest, I'm there to enjoy myself. One of the few times I did wear a full set someone tried to call me out, so I just presented my ID card and VA card because I do receive benefits for injuries I receive in the line of duty. He turned very pale, and simple walked off. My rank and unit aren't important in this whole mess, the point is, if you didn't put in work, make that sacrifice and think that things are a given, we can talk later. It's disgusting to wear rank, unit, squadron, ODA's, wing, command, even service branch insignia if you did not earn it or were "assigned" to them. Yes, you earn badges, blah, blah, blah. You also earn the right to wear that uniform. If I was to find out someone out on the field was wearing them, and didn't serve, or wasn't "assigned", it wouldn't be violence I would use, that's just a waste of time and cliche, it's the power of the spoken word from someone who has experienced some very hard times and very proud times. He can take all of his PURCHASED gear home, take a cold shower and ball-up in the corner to wash the truth away, but no matter how hard he wishes, that airsoft isn't going to fire a 12.7mm x 99mm round, no RDX, no RPK's coming for him and he's just Mr., not SSGT or COL. - sucks to be him. Jack wagon.
Ah. Alrighty then.

o.O
Back to top Go down
Kleiner Fuchs
Private
Private
Kleiner Fuchs

PostSubject: Re: Should Civilians wear Army Uniform patches/badges?   Should Civilians wear Army Uniform patches/badges? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 2:12 am

I'm okay now, just didn't like the waste water treatment facility accountant who takes airsoft serious image and lost it for a second, I'm okay, no casualties to report. I did say no violence, but what if I flicked his nose real hard, looked mad and used PG-13 language in his general direction?
Back to top Go down
Kleiner Fuchs
Private
Private
Kleiner Fuchs

PostSubject: Re: Should Civilians wear Army Uniform patches/badges?   Should Civilians wear Army Uniform patches/badges? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 2:26 am

I don't smoke herb, just people. I'm not sure you can translate "stoned" well in Arabic/Urdu. There is a universal understanding of puffin' and if that isn't diplomacy, we're screwed.
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Should Civilians wear Army Uniform patches/badges?   Should Civilians wear Army Uniform patches/badges? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 2:48 am

Kleiner Fuchs wrote:
I don't smoke herb, just people. I'm not sure you can translate "stoned" well in Arabic/Urdu. There is a universal understanding of puffin' and if that isn't diplomacy, we're screwed.
Ah. Ok. Thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
DrummerBoyz95
General Grade 2
DrummerBoyz95

PostSubject: Re: Should Civilians wear Army Uniform patches/badges?   Should Civilians wear Army Uniform patches/badges? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 11:58 pm

Should Civilians wear Army Uniform patches/badges? 2528%20-%20dawg%20dog%20wut
Back to top Go down
Warsawwarrior9
Major
Major
Warsawwarrior9

PostSubject: Re: Should Civilians wear Army Uniform patches/badges?   Should Civilians wear Army Uniform patches/badges? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 7:24 pm

Kleiner Fuchs wrote:
I'm okay now, just didn't like the waste water treatment facility accountant who takes airsoft serious image and lost it for a second, I'm okay, no casualties to report. I did say no violence, but what if I flicked his nose real hard, looked mad and used PG-13 language in his general direction?

^^ I like this guy
Back to top Go down
1MrPink1
Private
Private
1MrPink1

PostSubject: Re: Should Civilians wear Army Uniform patches/badges?   Should Civilians wear Army Uniform patches/badges? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 8:14 pm

I've got an old "special forces" WWII OD shirt. It has a PFC and SF insignia on it. I bought it for airsoft, think this is disrespectful? I am in no way trying to say that i'm in the military, I just liked the old WWII look. Is it the same as wearing modern uniform patches/badges?
Back to top Go down
Kleiner Fuchs
Private
Private
Kleiner Fuchs

PostSubject: Re: Should Civilians wear Army Uniform patches/badges?   Should Civilians wear Army Uniform patches/badges? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 5:20 pm

"I've got an old "special forces" WWII OD shirt. It has a PFC and SF insignia on it. I bought it for airsoft, think this is disrespectful? I am in no way trying to say that i'm in the military, I just liked the old WWII look. Is it the same as wearing modern uniform patches/badges?"

Mixed feelings on that, but I see that more out of respect of a historical period of conflict. The problem with the modern stuff is many of the people I've ran into would like you to believe that they are everything that uniform represents. Rock the uniform man!!
Back to top Go down
1MrPink1
Private
Private
1MrPink1

PostSubject: Re: Should Civilians wear Army Uniform patches/badges?   Should Civilians wear Army Uniform patches/badges? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 7:34 pm

Mixed feelings on that, but I see that more out of respect of a historical period of conflict. The problem with the modern stuff is many of the people I've ran into would like you to believe that they are everything that uniform represents. Rock the uniform man!! [/quote]

Thanks, and I totally agree. They shouldn't wear the uniform if they didn't make it through Boot Camp/Basic, and they definitely shouldn't wear any patches if it's completely false and they did not earn it. And Thank you for your service.
Back to top Go down
david
Major
Major
david

PostSubject: Re: Should Civilians wear Army Uniform patches/badges?   Should Civilians wear Army Uniform patches/badges? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 12:50 am

DrummerBoyz95 wrote:
Should Civilians wear Army Uniform patches/badges? 2528%20-%20dawg%20dog%20wut

Drummer where do you get all of these awesome pictures?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should Civilians wear Army Uniform patches/badges?   Should Civilians wear Army Uniform patches/badges? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Should Civilians wear Army Uniform patches/badges?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next