Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

New spotter

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
pasniper21
Sergeant
Sergeant
pasniper21

New spotter Empty
PostSubject: New spotter   New spotter Icon_minitimeMon Sep 29, 2008 10:46 pm

Hey guys im gonna try out spotting on our new team any tips on spotting for a newbie. Or any pet-peves you have with your spotters.
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

New spotter Empty
PostSubject: Re: New spotter   New spotter Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 9:17 am

Yeah I got a few , first of all don't breath in your snipers face when talking , don't jab your gun into his ribs , and above all make sure your gun is loaded cuz your gonna need it .
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/alabamaairsoft
Admin
Admin
Admin

New spotter Empty
PostSubject: Re: New spotter   New spotter Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 3:47 pm

Alabama_Sniper wrote:
Yeah I got a few , first of all don't breath in your snipers face when talking , don't jab your gun into his ribs , and above all make sure your gun is loaded cuz your gonna need it .

lol. Had a few bad experiences Alabama?

One thing I can't stand that many spotters do is talk too much. Keep quiet and don't hinder your sniper from doing his job (this includes walking quietly). Also, keep a constant eye on your sniper to make sure you stop when he stops, you walk when he walks, and you see any hand signals he may be trying to give you. And finally, do what he asks. If he's a legit sniper he'll know the best places for you to camp - so take his advice seriously.

Make sure you get plenty of practice time with you and your sniper. You perform best when the two of you are on the same page and don't have to learn anything new about each others' habits during an actual event.

Last edited by Admin on Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.theairsoftsniper.com
pasniper21
Sergeant
Sergeant
pasniper21

New spotter Empty
PostSubject: Re: New spotter   New spotter Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 5:32 pm

Thanks for the tips guys. Did your spotter really do all of those things?LOL
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

New spotter Empty
PostSubject: Re: New spotter   New spotter Icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2008 6:16 pm

Yes but that was in the earlier years , anyway , my spotter picks out the land for the sniping position , escape routes , and other stuff that I probally should be doing but anyway , stick to the sniper at all times . Admin , it made it seem like basically you were saying cater to the sniper's every need , which is good , but also make sure the sniper's doesn't dump all of the responsibilties on you .
Back to top Go down
TheJim
Sergeant
Sergeant
TheJim

New spotter Empty
PostSubject: Re: New spotter   New spotter Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 7:39 pm

I've spotted before a few times. what you need to be doing is alerting the sniper to targets in the periphery of his vision. From sniping I know there is nothing more annoying than a spotter who points out targets that you have already seen. We used a system where my spotter would tap me twice on the ankle (he lay behind and to the side of me) whenever he saw a target. To confirm if I had seen it, I would nod. If not he would whisper the approximate distance and direction (o'clock) of the target.

Advice for spotting is really to be watching you and your sniper's back. When he's staring down his scope, he will be less aware of distances and when he needs to get up and move. This is where a spotter should call the shots to get out of there, cease fire etc.

In short, the sniper is highly focused on his targets, you must be aware of everything else going on and maintain a much wider field of view. Try also to only talk when absolutely necissary. Also, REMEMBER that one of your most important jobs, since you have the AEG, is to cover your backs. Send the sniper packing first while you get the supressing fire downrange. Your sniper will cover you in turn when he is far enough back, and then you can both retreat together. A spotter is no good if he runs with you to get out of there. You'll both get shot in the back that way.

Take this advice from someone who has experience in both of the fields.

SNIPERS! LISTEN to your spotters. Being the no. 2 does not make them less important!

Newwwww topic here.
Sniper/Spotter role:

This is a role I frequently find myself in. You'll need a throat mic probably, and your rifle (for the magnification of the scope)
Find a nice very concealed location. It doesn't matter if it's pracical for firing since you won't be doing much of that. Simply sit and relay information via comms back to your team. This has WON GAMES. It is very satisfying to know that the intel you give your team will allow them to win the games without you ever firing a shot. Because you are not firing, you will also most likely never be found. When the firefight is in full swing and there is a lot of cover noise, feel free to take out the occasional key target such as support gunners or DMs

Have fun with this info. Sorry about the disorganised layout but it's all off the top of my head lol

Jim
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

New spotter Empty
PostSubject: Re: New spotter   New spotter Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 10:38 am

Sweet and very well put , forget my post listen to him , LOL . Good Job Jim .
Back to top Go down
pasniper21
Sergeant
Sergeant
pasniper21

New spotter Empty
PostSubject: Re: New spotter   New spotter Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 6:34 pm

Wow nice info thanks for all the help im be sure to do all of that.
Back to top Go down
TheJim
Sergeant
Sergeant
TheJim

New spotter Empty
PostSubject: Re: New spotter   New spotter Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 7:49 pm

No problem mate

Jim
Back to top Go down
JARHEAD
Colonel
Colonel
JARHEAD

New spotter Empty
PostSubject: Re: New spotter   New spotter Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2009 10:59 pm

good way to put it alabama
Back to top Go down
http://www.yupyupyup.com
Sponsored content

New spotter Empty
PostSubject: Re: New spotter   New spotter Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New spotter
Page 1 of 1