Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Spotter Training

Go down 
+4
killyouno5
Lone Wolf
socal46
AGM Sniper
8 posters
AuthorMessage
AGM Sniper
Private
Private
AGM Sniper

Spotter Training Empty
PostSubject: Spotter Training   Spotter Training Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 3:21 pm

So now that i got my rifle my little brother, who is 13, wants to be my spotter. I am all for it because we are very close and there aren't many other people who i would rather have my back in a fire fight. However, I don't even know where to begin as far as spotter training. Any advice?

Also, what is the best spotter gun? Should he go full auto and sacrifice accuracy or go semi and sacrifice ROF?
Back to top Go down
socal46
Corporal
Corporal
socal46

Spotter Training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spotter Training   Spotter Training Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 4:35 pm

i would first try building up his patience and silent movement by hav him go out in the feild with his gear and you try and stay unoticed from you
Back to top Go down
http://scar.aforumfree.com/forum.htm
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

Spotter Training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spotter Training   Spotter Training Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 7:36 pm

Teach your brother how to site enemy contacts using a monocular.

Teach him all the basic field-craft and how to be resourceful when it comes to concealment.

Also you want to teach him how to find strategically secure sniping spots so your position is hard to flank by enemy players.

The spotters job is to assist the sniper when he is busy focusing on the primary goals.
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
killyouno5
Major
Major
killyouno5

Spotter Training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spotter Training   Spotter Training Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 10:11 pm

have him start with a spring pistol (just listen) because if he gets a aeg then he may want to just jump up and start to fire thus blowing your position then once you get serious and he learns to wait for a good shot give him a aeg.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=567300653
kkoerber
Major
Major
kkoerber

Spotter Training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spotter Training   Spotter Training Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 11:39 pm

i would practice team stealth and and movement, i also would learn hand signals or some other form of quiet communication...i would also practice scenarios like set up targets and take them out as a sniper team.
Back to top Go down
AGM Sniper
Private
Private
AGM Sniper

Spotter Training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spotter Training   Spotter Training Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 12:08 am

Gotcha. I actually made him an account on here, AGM spotter. I'm sure he'll post something on here.

Back to the question about guns, after i train him with just a pistol, which im going to do because thats a great idea, what gun should i get him? We were looking at an AEG Ak-47 for around $120, which is about our price range. Do you think i should go with that or are there any better suggestions?
Back to top Go down
killyouno5
Major
Major
killyouno5

Spotter Training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spotter Training   Spotter Training Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 1:03 am

maybe try to get a lighter gun im not sure about this one but it really shouldent be to heavy beacuse he may end up carrying alot of stuff.
Back to top Go down
AGM Sniper
Private
Private
AGM Sniper

Spotter Training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spotter Training   Spotter Training Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 10:06 am

Hm, I didn't think about that. How much stuff is he planning on carrying?

Btw, are there any really experienced or semi experienced spotters out there? I have a couple of questions i would like to ask you.
Back to top Go down
killyouno5
Major
Major
killyouno5

Spotter Training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spotter Training   Spotter Training Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 9:28 pm

well he may end up carrying all of his stuff plus some of yours because you need to be able be agile so i don't know it really depends on how much stuff you bring to battle.
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

Spotter Training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spotter Training   Spotter Training Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 9:30 pm

Talking to AGM snipes I know they cannot do long battles so worrying about food/ammo/quick shelter is not a problem...yet.

Keep the games at 3-4 hours max.
Back to top Go down
AGM Sniper
Private
Private
AGM Sniper

Spotter Training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spotter Training   Spotter Training Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 10:05 pm

Ya we aren't planning on playing much longer than two-three hours. I am thinking about getting about ten guys and doing an all nighter. That would take a ton of planning though
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

Spotter Training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spotter Training   Spotter Training Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 10:26 pm

I would hold off on the all nighter until everyone is situated with their position and is more informed on field craft
Back to top Go down
AGM Sniper
Private
Private
AGM Sniper

Spotter Training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spotter Training   Spotter Training Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 11:50 pm

Sorry i didnt specify. In my youth group we have done a nerf all nighter (i know, not the same bear with me) and suddenly everyone was really into nerf. I'm thinking if i can get about ten guys together and play late into the night and then just hang out, i could increase some interest in airsofting. Just a little experiment i want to try.
Back to top Go down
killyouno5
Major
Major
killyouno5

Spotter Training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spotter Training   Spotter Training Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 11:59 pm

just make sure that they hate it because if they run out there expecting it to hurt like a nerf gun then they may turn bitter towards the sport tell them that it does sting when you get hurt and also make sure they don't have the cheap $10 pistols because they may see that they suck and not want to play.
Back to top Go down
socal46
Corporal
Corporal
socal46

Spotter Training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spotter Training   Spotter Training Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 12:10 am

if they R used 2 nerf they wont expect 2 much from the airsoft guns. remember 2 take proper gear lik a lot of food and more importantly water caus all nighters can b extremely tiring.
Back to top Go down
http://scar.aforumfree.com/forum.htm
AGM Sniper
Private
Private
AGM Sniper

Spotter Training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spotter Training   Spotter Training Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 12:16 am

We'll see, its still in the process of being thought up. Long way to go from here Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kkoerber
Major
Major
kkoerber

Spotter Training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spotter Training   Spotter Training Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 11:18 am

most AEG's are about the same wait and i think that you don't need to carry so much that you can't carry any more.
Back to top Go down
sniper_32
Colonel
Colonel
sniper_32

Spotter Training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spotter Training   Spotter Training Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 1:21 am

If you need to train your spotter to be able to detect the other team. what I did was
have him go inside of my home while I placed bright objects in the woods a short distance away from where we would be training at. then objects that blended in more the next day and so on. the cans actually worked for him. I don't know if it will for your spotter when you choose one. hope it helps though Very Happy
Back to top Go down
killyouno5
Major
Major
killyouno5

Spotter Training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spotter Training   Spotter Training Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 1:30 am

How about you set up stuff such as guns vests helmets so on and have him look for things that he will see on the field then have him start looking for ghillies.
Back to top Go down
sniper_32
Colonel
Colonel
sniper_32

Spotter Training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spotter Training   Spotter Training Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 4:43 am

i like killyouno's idea also Very Happy Shocked Very Happy
Back to top Go down
wymansailor1
Private
Private

Spotter Training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spotter Training   Spotter Training Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 5:15 pm

On your all nighter, ive held one before they are intense. We got unlucky and clouds moved in so no light from the moon. We had a central camp where we kept a fire going, and it served as a place for fallen comrades to regroup, so when a round was over we all knew where to meet. Mind you my family owns the land we had the fire on, don't light fires if u don't have permission. But it wasn't to difficult to organize, once your guys have their weapons get everyone together and divided up into teams. keep them as equal as possible so everyone will enjoy it and it wont just be a slaughter.
On your brother, the others are right stealth is everything to the sniper, we are to be unseen and unheard. If hes not used to sitting still the pistol idea will help because no body wants a fire fight when all they got is a side arm, especially against AEG's. Id get him use to carring things like water, and food, so he gets use to having to walk quiet with the weight. Have him get good at judging distances so he can help you decide if a target is in range, understand wind and how it affects your rifle. Practice out in the field at targets helps alot for the distance and wind issues. Most importantly remember his job as your spotter is to help you, so your the judge for how he can do this job the best.
Back to top Go down
JARHEAD
Colonel
Colonel
JARHEAD

Spotter Training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spotter Training   Spotter Training Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 10:53 pm

lol, um im actually a spotter right now and the main thing is to keep the spotter close to you and keep them feeling important to the team because they are. you also need to show them what sniping is and what you do and what you need them to do, as in spot enemies and to protect you. even in some cases take that shot with the rifle, so train him in everything. hav fun D:
Back to top Go down
http://www.yupyupyup.com
Sponsored content

Spotter Training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spotter Training   Spotter Training Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spotter Training
Page 1 of 1