Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Unmanned Recon Vehicles/ UAV's

Go down 
+15
Tank
p51dmustang
white wolf
Creed769
killyouno5
silent--likethenight
slob212
sticks.13
TheJim
Satan
djstasevich
Alabama_Sniper
pasniper21
.25 Gram Sniper
Lone Wolf
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

Unmanned Recon Vehicles/ UAV's - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unmanned Recon Vehicles/ UAV's   Unmanned Recon Vehicles/ UAV's - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 11:11 pm

i don't think i clarified myself when i said it wasn't going to be able to shoot targets. only recon, nothing more.
practical in CQB primarily
practical in scoping out a large section of field from a vantage point within range.

im sorry if this said UAV, wasn't meant to say that at all, its just a robot.
and im not 13.
VEX is a classroom robot that costs anywhere from $600-$700 depending on the kits. trust me ive done some work with them too.

this will be entirely custom made. yea it may be somewhat impractical for woods. Now that i think about it, CQB is the only thing it may be capable of.

To give you a idea of how this thing will control itself is that there will be a "wall finder" if you will, and this wall finder will map out a 25 ft. radius around the bot using infared. the walls are displayed on the remote as a maze. if there is a heat signature just over 95.8 F the computer
will put a red dot in its position looking down. another view will just be the standard camera with manual controls.
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: Unmanned Recon Vehicles/ UAV's   Unmanned Recon Vehicles/ UAV's - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2008 11:39 pm

Lone Wolf wrote:
special thanks to the navy.

You should actually be thanking the CIA and other inteligance agencies. They have been doing robotic stuff long before the Navy made its super cool commercials. Oh BTW the Airforce actually acquired the predator before the Navy, then it was the Army then the Navy got their hands on a few.

I guess it would be cool if you wanted to sacrifice playing time. maybe as a scenario movie you could have a UAV record some footage of troop movements in the airsoft field.

sticks
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Unmanned Recon Vehicles/ UAV's   Unmanned Recon Vehicles/ UAV's - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 4:40 pm

i don't think i clarified myself when i said it wasn't going to be able to shoot targets. only recon, nothing more.
practical in CQB primarily
practical in scoping out a large section of field from a vantage point within range.

im sorry if this said UAV, wasn't meant to say that at all, its just a robot.
and im not 13.
VEX is a classroom robot that costs anywhere from $600-$700 depending on the kits. trust me ive done some work with them too.

this will be entirely custom made. yea it may be somewhat impractical for woods. Now that i think about it, CQB is the only thing it may be capable of.

To give you a idea of how this thing will control itself is that there will be a "wall finder" if you will, and this wall finder will map out a 25 ft. radius around the bot using infared. the walls are displayed on the remote as a maze. if there is a heat signature just over 95.8 F the computer
will put a red dot in its position looking down. another view will just be the standard camera with manual controls.
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: Unmanned Recon Vehicles/ UAV's   Unmanned Recon Vehicles/ UAV's - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 5:41 pm

O.K. Guys,

Lets all take a deep breath, give a long slow and mellow WWWWOOOOOZZZZAAAAA and relax a bit.

I am not electronic wizard, and for me RC stands for Really Cool Very Happy not for remote control, just because I find the things that these hobby enthusiast build Really Cool.

I see no reason why, somebody couldn´t build a UAV for Airsoft, an Ugly Stick with a Nanny Cam would probably work quite well, ( Then again maybe not, I have no Idea what they have for a Range). The idea really opens up other possibilities and aspects to the game that might be worth while to look into.

As for Extreme´s in Airsoft, we have all seen some of the Crazy things that people have presented, or brought on to the Airsoft market, an example that comes to mind is the Pipers M134, just think about attaking a position that has one or two of those in their defensive plan.
2, 4 Joule Mini Guns looking you in the face, That´ll wake ya up in the morning !!!! Twisted Evil

There are more than enough people out there always attempting to push the envelope in AirSoft, new Ideas, new Developments, improvements on existing parts and technology, if it wasn´t for them we would all be playing with Springers Very Happy Very Happy

A little insider tip, I know of 2 Airsoft enthusiasts that are both TESLA Award winners, who are currently working on an affordable Tripod Airsoft Weapons Set-up that opererates on Thermal and Movment targeting Systems, a Set-up and Forget Sniper system, with the right rifle on top.
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Unmanned Recon Vehicles/ UAV's   Unmanned Recon Vehicles/ UAV's - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 5:53 pm

like the splinter cell IFF's cheers

Another RC plane enthusiast brought up a making a large helicopter w/ a minigun and payload drop. Real heavy and expensive

A small car though that can fit in a backpack with sonar technology to map out the map, and thermal to detect the targets just sounds way cooler to me. (OMG NO PRACTICALITY/COOL)
It would be most practical for CQB as stated before.

Slob, have you ever heard of the FANTASY turrets?

However I am against using a sniper bot because that really takes the fun and skill away from it. come on its a game not life/death.
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: Unmanned Recon Vehicles/ UAV's   Unmanned Recon Vehicles/ UAV's - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 9:52 pm

But think of the game enhancement in CQB with a couple of Tri-pod mounted SR-25´s, or even better yet, M-60 shorty´s, to make it even more evil, how about at a night game, Zombie Hill !!!
It would be brutal !!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil , the game would last until the sun came up !!!!

Sorry WOLF, gonna have to do some research on FANTASY Turrets, never heard of them.
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Unmanned Recon Vehicles/ UAV's   Unmanned Recon Vehicles/ UAV's - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 10:06 pm

Zombie hill with M60 shorty IFF's and Bunkers equiped w/ 2 miniguns each surrounding the hill

Then a few bags of 100,000 bb's at the top of the hill

"The Hillz Gotz Gunz"
Back to top Go down
silent--likethenight
Private
Private
silent--likethenight

PostSubject: Re: Unmanned Recon Vehicles/ UAV's   Unmanned Recon Vehicles/ UAV's - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 6:38 pm

Ive never seen one actually working, im sure theres some youtbe videos though.
Back to top Go down
killyouno5
Major
Major
killyouno5

PostSubject: Re: Unmanned Recon Vehicles/ UAV's   Unmanned Recon Vehicles/ UAV's - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 8:09 pm

I don't really see to much point in them... isn't the point of airsoft to be in the fight and have fun? Plus how do you kill the vehicle with noone driving it?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=567300653
Satan
Major
Major
Satan

PostSubject: Re: Unmanned Recon Vehicles/ UAV's   Unmanned Recon Vehicles/ UAV's - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 9:44 pm

Tell me jim since when do arial vehicels have anchors. Right. Yes I didnt catch that i wrote UAV i meant UNV unmanned naval vehichle I took a raft and put my VEX kit on it it dosent have a SAW on it its made for one though. VEX was created for people my age and older to easily make thing useing robotics Lego Mindstorms is the same thing but its plastic not metal and is simplified more. And once again im telling you that lieing is dishonorable and i don't do it.
Back to top Go down
Creed769
Colonel
Colonel
Creed769

PostSubject: Re: Unmanned Recon Vehicles/ UAV's   Unmanned Recon Vehicles/ UAV's - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 10:24 pm

I'm thinkin' you should by those spy gear "camera tanks" from target or walmart, there cheap, then soup em up for cheap also...
Back to top Go down
http://thetruthaboutairsoft.blogspot.com/
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Unmanned Recon Vehicles/ UAV's   Unmanned Recon Vehicles/ UAV's - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 10:57 pm

Im not going to say anything... study
Back to top Go down
TheJim
Sergeant
Sergeant
TheJim

PostSubject: Re: Unmanned Recon Vehicles/ UAV's   Unmanned Recon Vehicles/ UAV's - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 03, 2009 10:52 pm

Satan wrote:
Tell me jim since when do arial vehicels have anchors.

What on earth are you on about?

If you want to avoid accusations of lying- don't exaggerate, use correct terminology.

Side note- learn to spell.
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: Unmanned Recon Vehicles/ UAV's   Unmanned Recon Vehicles/ UAV's - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 8:34 am

How Practical is a M4 with a 5000 rd Drum Magazine ?
How Practical is th M2 HB on the Playing field ?
How practical are Mortars for AS ?
How Practical is AS Artillery ?
How Practical is the M134 ?
How Practical is the Barrett ?
How Practical are AS Grenades ?
How Practical are Ballistic Shields ?

All of these things are out there and are used in Games, do they make sense ??
Who am I to judge and pass Judgment on the players or Teams that want to use them.

Some of the innovations and new developments make sense, some don´t, alot of the things that are brought out are pretty much `` Nice to Have´´ or `` That would be so Cool ´´ to use, but do the really make any sense for the Standard as Player or Team.

Yeah, it would be great to Attack a fixed Location or Base useing 4, 4 man Raptors ( FAV with Minigun )

Unmanned Recon Vehicles/ UAV's - Page 2 Airsoftraptor

Or be able to strengthen your defenses with Tripod mounted, self tracking and engageing set ups,

Unmanned Recon Vehicles/ UAV's - Page 2 AirSoftTracking

Or be able to boost your base defensive line with Airsoft Artillery,

But is it Practical ???

Maybe not, but it does open up the possibilities for larger and diffrent types of games,

HALO re-enactment
CQB version of Aliens
Unversal Soldier

the list could go on and on,
So, Why Not ? If people are willing to invest the time and money into researching, developing these nifty, nice to have ( But probably never will ) goodies, I say more power to them cheers .

Would I use it, Nope, just not for me.
Back to top Go down
djstasevich
Major
Major
djstasevich

PostSubject: Re: Unmanned Recon Vehicles/ UAV's   Unmanned Recon Vehicles/ UAV's - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 11:16 am

AS grenades would be more practical if they were just a disposable 3 dollar bang and bb shower, but NO!! They have to be 99 dollar grenades that you have to recover every time you use them.
Back to top Go down
http://statairsoft.weebly.com/index.html
TheJim
Sergeant
Sergeant
TheJim

PostSubject: Re: Unmanned Recon Vehicles/ UAV's   Unmanned Recon Vehicles/ UAV's - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 8:44 pm

djstasevich wrote:
AS grenades would be more practical if they were just a disposable 3 dollar bang and bb shower, but NO!! They have to be 99 dollar grenades that you have to recover every time you use them.

You can get disposable cheap ones that are filled with dried peas. Unfortunately they suck something fierce... i'll stick with mk5's because where i play, if any pyro goes off within 5 metres you're dead, and if you're in the same room and not behind solid cover, you're dead.

Jim
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Unmanned Recon Vehicles/ UAV's   Unmanned Recon Vehicles/ UAV's - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 8:47 pm

plastic death, jim, right?

this went way off topic...
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: Unmanned Recon Vehicles/ UAV's   Unmanned Recon Vehicles/ UAV's - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 10:46 am

Yep,

Back to Topic,

Or Close ??
Back to top Go down
TheJim
Sergeant
Sergeant
TheJim

PostSubject: Re: Unmanned Recon Vehicles/ UAV's   Unmanned Recon Vehicles/ UAV's - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 1:47 pm

May as well close, the OP seems to have lost interest in the original topic, and so has everyone else.

Actually. Leave it open in case someone wants to necro post some new information at a later date.

Jim
Back to top Go down
killyouno5
Major
Major
killyouno5

PostSubject: Re: Unmanned Recon Vehicles/ UAV's   Unmanned Recon Vehicles/ UAV's - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 8:17 pm

I knida think that if you can build it and use it well without the possibility of hurting someone by running them over then do it. It would be so cool to have one of these against you. It would make the game so much harder. Have a guy set up in a guarded tent or something have several camera views that he can look at on a tv then to get the vehicle out you have to capture the tent with the guy inside. After you catch him he is on your side and now you have to protect him while some of your team go out and fight the enemy with the vehicle fighting with them. You go back and forth untill all of the other team is out.
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Unmanned Recon Vehicles/ UAV's   Unmanned Recon Vehicles/ UAV's - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 9:42 pm

well A. I would assume full responsibility for the vehicle and be the "commander" aka driver. B. I would only use it, if we were against superior firepower OR the other team has a nasty little vehicle like ours.

The materials would be very expensive, and I am not about to spend my summer snooping around junkyards for sheet metal and a V6 Motorcycle engine. Not to mention the right fitting cycle tranny and steering system. I would also have to hire professional help putting the SOB together.

My second option is just to buy a junker, Jeep Liberty SUV per say, remove the doors and all carpet from the interior. Install a 1" steel plate under the block and remove all niceties such as A/C and temp control systems. Remove the windshield and all other windows. Weapons that would be mounted are a minigun uptop, gunner seated in roll cage protected turret. 5 point tactical seat belts. Mounted Transparent plastic in place of windshiled, Not to mention a quick release rear door so at least 3 people can get "dumped" on the rampage over territorial lines. Still $$$ unless the junker is like $500 lol.
Back to top Go down
killyouno5
Major
Major
killyouno5

PostSubject: Re: Unmanned Recon Vehicles/ UAV's   Unmanned Recon Vehicles/ UAV's - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 10:28 pm

That could get really exensive...
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Unmanned Recon Vehicles/ UAV's   Unmanned Recon Vehicles/ UAV's - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 10:30 pm

thats why you host small events everyother weekend, and take a small admission. After the first month you already have $500 to blow depending on how many groups showed up...that is why I NEED MY SITE BACK UP!!!!
Back to top Go down
white wolf
General
General
white wolf

PostSubject: Re: Unmanned Recon Vehicles/ UAV's   Unmanned Recon Vehicles/ UAV's - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 8:36 pm

what I would do is take a 30 truck and put a camera on it. but I am not the best with creativity. I just get it done.

WW
Back to top Go down
p51dmustang
Corporal
Corporal
p51dmustang

PostSubject: Re: Unmanned Recon Vehicles/ UAV's   Unmanned Recon Vehicles/ UAV's - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 12:56 pm

I would take a walmart racer (RC car like my little mustang(car, not the plane)) Find a way to elevate the car, so its a "monster car", give it 4 wheel drive, Mount a rather small camera with a wireless transamiter (Sp) onto the outside, give it a pivot mount, and there you go, you have a recon vehicle

Also, why not a plane like the mustang, that carries Airsoft grenades, and when given a certain comand from the remote, the servo will pull on a string just enough to pull the pin on the grenade, allowing it to fall to earth, and explode on enemies incamped below.

This could also be used as a way to resuply your teammates surounded by the enemy, except you use small bags with a little amunition, or just drop grenades without the pins pulled

I should have been an enginear (sp), not a sniper Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unmanned Recon Vehicles/ UAV's   Unmanned Recon Vehicles/ UAV's - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Unmanned Recon Vehicles/ UAV's
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next