Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

To G Spec or not to G spec

Go down 
+6
killyouno5
Jman
lonesniper24
.25 Gram Sniper
sticks.13
Kalyander
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kalyander
Private
Private

To G Spec or not to G spec Empty
PostSubject: To G Spec or not to G spec   To G Spec or not to G spec Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 7:58 pm

So i have been looking at the gj bar10 for its' ease of being upgraded and performance vs. price. Now th question is,

Gspec
http://www.hitguns.com/JG-BAR-10-G-Spec-w-Silencer-Airsoft-Sniper-Rifle-p/jg-367a-bar10-g-scope.htm

or not g spec
http://www.airsplat.com/Items/AR-JG-VSR10-366.htm

I saw the guide here how to turn the non-functioning suppressor into a working unit. but i have heard that the gspec is not as powerful or as accurate as the no G spec bar 10. plus that it is easy to make a suppressor yourself and just by the scope and bi-pod you want.

So i guess my question is, is there a performance difference between the two and if so, which is the best to get?

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: To G Spec or not to G spec   To G Spec or not to G spec Icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2008 8:11 pm

Well are you planning on replicating a real steel gun(like an M24). Or are you just looking to have the best performing sniper rifle?

The only big difference in the barrel size. I don't know about the JG version but on the TM version the pro(non G spec), has a 430mm barrel where as the G spec has a 303mm barrel. This really doesnt matter if you plan on getting a new barrel. Besides that their the same gun, ones quieter of coarse(gspec) but they are the exact same gun with different barrels.

sticks
Back to top Go down
.25 Gram Sniper
Major
Major
.25 Gram Sniper

PostSubject: Re: To G Spec or not to G spec   To G Spec or not to G spec Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 5:45 pm

I personally would choose the G-spec because it's quiter.

P.S. Welcome to the forum.
Back to top Go down
http://theairsoftsniper.com
lonesniper24
Colonel
Colonel
lonesniper24

PostSubject: Re: To G Spec or not to G spec   To G Spec or not to G spec Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 6:55 pm

I like the Bar 10 just because of the length of the barrel
Back to top Go down
http://airsoftchat.lefora.com/forum/
Jman
Sergeant
Sergeant
Jman

PostSubject: Re: To G Spec or not to G spec   To G Spec or not to G spec Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2008 11:25 pm

Well I got the regular (non-gspec) and I put a Deep fire barrel (6.02) in it and I can nail a pop can at 175ft. Both models are very easy to upgrade, and you can buy an adaptor for a silencer for the regular version. Also on YouTube you can modifications to make it near silent like adding cotton to it in certain places and how to make a silencer.
Back to top Go down
.25 Gram Sniper
Major
Major
.25 Gram Sniper

PostSubject: Re: To G Spec or not to G spec   To G Spec or not to G spec Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 12:14 am

Cotton would work but I read that in some places of some guns you can add foam which also silences the rifle.
Back to top Go down
killyouno5
Major
Major
killyouno5

PostSubject: Re: To G Spec or not to G spec   To G Spec or not to G spec Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 1:51 am

any kind of sound dampining substance would help to silance but i really think that after a wjile wouldent it kind of break down and maybe get into like your cylender and stuff and cause problems?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=567300653
BThoman
Private
Private
BThoman

PostSubject: Re: To G Spec or not to G spec   To G Spec or not to G spec Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 2:00 pm

I'm a going to be a first time Buyer for an airsoft sniper rifle. I have perviously owned a variety of airsoft handguns, and automatic weatpons, although they were really low quality. I have had experience shooting both sniper paintball guns, and high quality sniper pellet guns, so this will be a happy medium for me. As most noobs have posted, im looking at the JG BAR 10 G-Spec. I have heard a lot about the problems with the sears. Is it still a good gun for beginners, and it just needs an upgrade out of the box, or should i be looking for a different gun? My budget wouldnt be labelled cheap, but i am not a scenario player (there aren't too many people interested in that here). It would simply be used for enjoyment, and maybe some target prctice with some friends. Any speedy replies would be greatly appreciated. thanks!
Back to top Go down
.25 Gram Sniper
Major
Major
.25 Gram Sniper

PostSubject: Re: To G Spec or not to G spec   To G Spec or not to G spec Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 6:37 pm

Welcome to the forum BThoman. My answer to your question is: You need to start as an AEG user. There are many reasons for this and there all over the forum.
Back to top Go down
BThoman
Private
Private
BThoman

PostSubject: Re: To G Spec or not to G spec   To G Spec or not to G spec Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 10:01 pm

Yes, I have owned one before, if you could call it that. it was about 80 bucks, and pretty low quality. The only reason that I am not starting with that, is because I will not be playing scenario. I will simply be setting up targets and shooting at them. I think i have the experience equivalent to using an AEG, simply from the paintballing (speedballing) that i have done. I believe i have enough experience from using my pellet gun (shooting targets at 200ft) to start out with a sniper. I was simply looking for one that wouldnt break the bank, but it still had its bang for the buck.

I have read on numerous sites, and posts here that the gj bar10 is great for beginners, easily modded, and fairly cheap for a good gun. I have also read though that there was a big problem with the sear(s), and that a few inexpensive mods were a quick fix. I was just wondering if it would last me long enough to get a feel for airsoft snipers, and would the mods be worth the extra dough if i could just spend the same amount on a little better gun. ( I AM looking for a bolt action, so that may limit my choices a bit)
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: To G Spec or not to G spec   To G Spec or not to G spec Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 10:33 pm

Not at all , bolt actions are actually the majority when it comes to airsoft sniper rifles , and as a matter of fact the L-96 is bolt action , along with the VSR 10 ,
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/alabamaairsoft
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: To G Spec or not to G spec   To G Spec or not to G spec Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 10:34 pm

Well if you think your qualified then go for it. But I will warn you, Airsoft and Paintball are about as similar as night and day(well Ops are anyways).

sticks
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: To G Spec or not to G spec   To G Spec or not to G spec Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 10:37 pm

But in some ways they are a like but like sticks said , if you are counting on them to be exactly a like , then you are in for a rude awakening .
Back to top Go down
Kalyander
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: To G Spec or not to G spec   To G Spec or not to G spec Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 11:46 pm

First, thanks for all of the advice. I like the look of the GSpec better but i was unsure about how well the air brake mod works on it vs. the regular BAR-10. I also have a friend that has decided to sell his l-96 for $65 because he did not like the weight so i was curious.
How easy,affordable, is it to upgrade a l-96? I know one of the reasons the BAR-10 is so popular is the ease of upgrading.
I do plan on upgrading the internals on whichever gun i get eventually i am just trying to decide on the best way to go. Do i get the l-96 that seems more powerful stock and may be a little more costly to upgrade or get the BAR-10 that is easy and cheap to get up to 450 fps and easy to upgrade.

Thanks again for all of the advice.
Back to top Go down
BThoman
Private
Private
BThoman

PostSubject: Re: To G Spec or not to G spec   To G Spec or not to G spec Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 2:46 am

NO lol, i know that they are completely different. I believe that .25 gram sniper was letting me in on the fact that to be a good sniper, you need to know the basics of how a unit will operate With eachother, and what the expectations of a sniper will be. (thanks for the advice though, ill take all that i can get) I just mentioned that i had some of knowledge of the "inner workings" of a squad from my PB experience...

Anyway, i have just decided to get the jg bar 10, and buy the upgrades with it. im going to upgrade it eventually, so itll be good to have them when the time comes. I was wondering if there was a "preferred site" by the users of these forums. There are a lot of them and i want to make sure that im buying a gun from somewhere credible, and not buying a lemon from some warehouse. Thanks for all of your help.

If anyone is near windsor ontario reading this, i want to eventually get people together to maybe play a bit. its all paintballing here, so i can't find other players!
Back to top Go down
.25 Gram Sniper
Major
Major
.25 Gram Sniper

PostSubject: Re: To G Spec or not to G spec   To G Spec or not to G spec Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 10:01 am

Kalyander which L96 is it? Is it a Well or UTG or some other brand? I have a Well L96 and I only chose it because I don't wanna upgrade it. If you want a gun that you can be upgraded and still be cheap I would get the BAR-10. By the way if you need the tutorial on how to upgrade the BAR-10 here's a link. http://www.airsoftallies.com/sniper-rifle-upgrades-modifications-f8/jg-bar-10-free-mods-tutorial-with-pics-t201.htm
Back to top Go down
Jman
Sergeant
Sergeant
Jman

PostSubject: Re: To G Spec or not to G spec   To G Spec or not to G spec Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2008 7:27 pm

Also the proble with the sears may not be the sears. Like on mine it was a striped screw that let it move 1/16 of an inch and that let it slam the sears should last awhile like 20000,50000 shots if i remember right.Or you can just get the zero triger and avoid the whole thing.
Also what I did to fix it was put a zip tie on it and pulled very hard and it works now.
Back to top Go down
BThoman
Private
Private
BThoman

PostSubject: Re: To G Spec or not to G spec   To G Spec or not to G spec Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 7:58 pm

I was going to buy the jg bar 10, (not g spec). I was browsing and saw the UTG MK96 Rifle again (shadow ops sniper), this time with over a hundred reviews, almost all positive. It is on airsoftgi for 130 dollars, which is the same price as the jg bar 10's scoped package. although the utg mk96 doesnt come with a scope, i already have 4x32 and 3-9x32 scopes from my pellet gun, so i was just going to get a bipod with the bar 10. this gun comes with a bipod, so i guess i was just asking if anyone has had or shot this gun before. If its a little better, i might as well get the better gun for the same price... SO, to JG or not to JG....??
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: To G Spec or not to G spec   To G Spec or not to G spec Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 8:12 pm

L-96 hands down gotta go .
Back to top Go down
BThoman
Private
Private
BThoman

PostSubject: Re: To G Spec or not to G spec   To G Spec or not to G spec Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 8:32 pm

so the mk is a ripoff of the l96 version? (is clone the word used to describe a "sister" version?)

is this as easy to upgrade, cause i want to be able to do it myself. is the jg upgraded better than the mk (l96) stock?
Back to top Go down
BThoman
Private
Private
BThoman

PostSubject: Re: To G Spec or not to G spec   To G Spec or not to G spec Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 9:30 pm

i read that there is a topic somewhere that is the jg vs the mk96, but i can't find it.. anyone know where to look?
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: To G Spec or not to G spec   To G Spec or not to G spec Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 9:38 pm

Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
BThoman
Private
Private
BThoman

PostSubject: Re: To G Spec or not to G spec   To G Spec or not to G spec Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 9:48 pm

just read them, thanks. was it the l96 or the bar 10 that you were talking about beiing better though? i want do the mods for free like the teflon, and the one where you shave off half of the ring so that the chabmer holds more air. (i havnt got the terminology down yet lol)

so i was just wondering if i should buy the bar 10 and once i have a feel for it, mod it as needed, or simply buy the l96 and leave it at that.

again, im not playing scenario, or wont be for a while due to a lack of players. by the time im ready to do that, ill be upgrading to a better gun anyway. thanks!
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: To G Spec or not to G spec   To G Spec or not to G spec Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 10:02 pm

you should be fine with the L96 then. it is a very popular look especially if your planning on buying more
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
BThoman
Private
Private
BThoman

PostSubject: Re: To G Spec or not to G spec   To G Spec or not to G spec Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 2:03 am

so im probably not going to buy a gun now... the same gun in canada goes for 300 which is retarded. if i go through the states, its 34.40 for shipping, and another 60 for customs.. theres no way im spending 100 bucks to get a 100 dollar gun across the border. thanks for the help guys
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To G Spec or not to G spec   To G Spec or not to G spec Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

To G Spec or not to G spec
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next