Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Military anyone?

Go down 
+29
JARHEAD
S.T.O.R.M. Airsoft
mgunner564
Spl. Durkee
Satan
AFU
wymansailor1
Painkiller
aveenvp
p51dmustang
elementfrvr
panic324
Jman
LaserSailorRy
N.O.Saints
.25 Gram Sniper
Russ
March_ARB
djstasevich
slob212
xXAirsoftAmatuerXx
killyouno5
Bigboyee1992
Alabama_Sniper
JamillaTheKilla
M14 double-taps
Lone Wolf
sticks.13
USMC-HENDLER
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
slob212
slob212

Military anyone? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Military anyone?   Military anyone? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 12:01 pm

Quote :
I don't know if I want to continue with ROTC or get a education and try OCS/OTS.... I heard that ROTC graduates rarely get combat positions, which would kill all of the fields I want to get into.... Is this true?

Itīs not that they donīt get offered or are unavailable for the jobs, but during schooling and drills, most JROTC, ROTC students start getting programed for jobs in administration, maintenance, logistics and so on. Officer Candidates from the Academy will always be given first priority and that goes for all the Branches, the Government figures that they have invested so much time and training into Officers out of Annapolis, West Point, Marine Military Academy, USAF Academy, ( never mind helping you get your degree ), they are going to get as much as possible in return.

Also keep in mind, on the average, over 90% of all graduates from one of the Military Academies plan on making the Military a Career, of course they have to make the Grade, and Officer Promotions is Real Cut Throat !!! 1 Middle of the Road OER ( Officer Evaluation Report ), and your Career just took a Major Hit !

If you are serious about getting into the Combat Fields, something to keep in mind the Officer community is small in comparison to other fields, and as you get more specialized it gets even smaller and the chances for advancement are hard and extremely limited, to continue a career in SOCOM as an Officer you have to be the Best, not just as a performer but as a Politician, lots and lots of Politics in the Officer Branch.

Donīt become disenchanted, Iīm not trying to put any dampers on your plans, just be prepared, nobody is going to tell you all the facts, especially when it comes to all the nightmare stories ( Some things you have to learn yourself Twisted Evil , itīs part of the Tradition ), get into the best Physical shape you can and keep it that way, be prepared to Burn the Midnight Oil day in and day out until you have achieved your goals, then prepare to burn it every other day , things do get easier. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Military anyone?   Military anyone? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 6:51 pm

F-22 Raptor you mean?
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: Military anyone?   Military anyone? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 7:09 pm

Satan wrote:
Its the SEALS for me "Watch your language" yeah. My dads one freind was in so many black ops as a sniper, in a sqaud like everything.

Heh, looks like someone slipped through SOCOM's SCL test... Or is just angry he spent his career on a ship waiting to get off "stand by"...

sticks
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Military anyone?   Military anyone? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 7:39 pm

Lol
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Military anyone?   Military anyone? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 8:00 pm

Lol yeah but anyway Airforce Fighter Pilot for me , all of the way . And then After College when ever I join up I am going to be a Luietenant .
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/alabamaairsoft
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Military anyone?   Military anyone? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 8:02 pm

Well im shootin for the sheriff's department air unit. flying helos everyday would be the best job in the world. Im probably goign to join the navy after highschool and get into the air wing so I can get some experience for the SD.
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Military anyone?   Military anyone? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 8:22 pm

Planes are easier to fly , or at least so I hear , Helicopters go out of controle if the pilot in this case you Spl.Durkee takes his hand off of the control . I aim to get my pilots liscens before I graduate high school anyway .
Back to top Go down
mgunner564
Colonel
Colonel
mgunner564

PostSubject: Re: Military anyone?   Military anyone? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 8:29 pm

my cousin has his pilots license...Ive got to fly with him in a Cessna...and for me well i think i am going for the 101st airborne..same as my OTHER cousin
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Military anyone?   Military anyone? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 8:30 pm

sweet. that'll take alot of work
Back to top Go down
mgunner564
Colonel
Colonel
mgunner564

PostSubject: Re: Military anyone?   Military anyone? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 8:40 pm

yea i know....but it will be worth it and I'm betting buy the time i get to that level there will be no conflict..witch is bitter-sweet and my cousin made staff Sergent in 4 years that unheard of and graduated 1st in his Sargent school class

and if i sounded like i was bragging i didn't mean to..sorry
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Military anyone?   Military anyone? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 8:45 pm

lol I'm pretty sure there are gunna be plenty of wars for you to fight soon. Look around you in the world, It's pretty grim. Iran has basically said that they have nuclear/biological weapons and once they are done, they will use them against the US. Asia is falling into turmoil. The rest of the middle east is beginning to collapse. Fighting is intensifying in the Congo and Uganda. Trust me, if WW3 doesnt happen during our lifetimes we are very, very lucky.
Back to top Go down
p51dmustang
Corporal
Corporal
p51dmustang

PostSubject: Re: Military anyone?   Military anyone? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 9:49 pm

Anyone here that North Korea will be shooting a ballistics missile with the capability to wipe out a major city into the atmosphere with a satalite on it, and that we said wed shoot it down if they tried, and that japan said that theyed blow up NK if they triedit anyways, and that NK said theyed declare war if we shot it down
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Military anyone?   Military anyone? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 9:52 pm

Well said P51 (great plane by the way). It seems that our generation might be the ones bearing the brute of the decisions that our forefathers make. Too bad. Only we can stop it.
Back to top Go down
p51dmustang
Corporal
Corporal
p51dmustang

PostSubject: Re: Military anyone?   Military anyone? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 9:54 pm

lets just hope that our world does not end up like the world of Fallout 3 beceause some diplomats can't work something out
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Military anyone?   Military anyone? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 9:59 pm

sadly, you are exactly right
Back to top Go down
p51dmustang
Corporal
Corporal
p51dmustang

PostSubject: Re: Military anyone?   Military anyone? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 9:59 pm

"war, war never changes"
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Military anyone?   Military anyone? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2009 11:58 pm

Well history does answer our questions and we did do this to ourselves , Britian gave up rule in the African Countries , India , and in Asia , The United States gave up the Panama Canal , anf Cuba , the United Nations gave weapons to the Afgans and the Chinnese who in turn used them against the United Nations years later and now the bizzar thing about it is that each countries former Enemies , Russia , England , Germany , Japan , Italy , are all now their Allies and their allies , China , Korea , and all of the Asian countries excluding a few are now their enemies , of course I can't say that if I were born one two hundred years ago I couldnt expect it for coming .
Back to top Go down
mgunner564
Colonel
Colonel
mgunner564

PostSubject: Re: Military anyone?   Military anyone? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 8:29 am

i see what you mean and i find it strange. we fought wuth england for years and then we banded together and destroyed the Nazi war machine.

And if WWIII comes to being fought on US soil i have enough guns in my house to out fit a small army and the way things are looking Afghanistan will turn into the next Iraq and we'll be fighting there for another 4 years....my social studies teacher said NK & SK might become unified in our life time witch i don't thing will happen within the next 80 years
Back to top Go down
p51dmustang
Corporal
Corporal
p51dmustang

PostSubject: Re: Military anyone?   Military anyone? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 4:42 pm

Just to tell you, we banded together with the English to fight the Germans in WWI, and had decent relations after the Civil War
Back to top Go down
mgunner564
Colonel
Colonel
mgunner564

PostSubject: Re: Military anyone?   Military anyone? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 5:12 pm

oh i forgot the cival war..opsie....and i see what you mean.....and odes any one the a NK ICBM has the range to hit the US?
Back to top Go down
p51dmustang
Corporal
Corporal
p51dmustang

PostSubject: Re: Military anyone?   Military anyone? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 5:37 pm

After the civil war we had good relations. During the war they helped the confederates, not a good idea
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Military anyone?   Military anyone? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 7:37 pm

to mgunner...yes.
Back to top Go down
mgunner564
Colonel
Colonel
mgunner564

PostSubject: Re: Military anyone?   Military anyone? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 8:15 pm

ah! i knew my SS teacher was wrong he said it couldn't be done! but i knew that it could anyway.....and i don't think a WWIII apocalyptic world is even possible unless there as an all out nuclear war...and the chances of that happening unles some one decides to fire one and really country thing about that is NK
Back to top Go down
Spl. Durkee
General Grade 2
Spl. Durkee

PostSubject: Re: Military anyone?   Military anyone? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2009 8:21 pm

mgunner...trust me...an all out nuclear war is a viable path for the future. Have you ever heard something called Mutually Assured Destruction? It's the idea that every major nuclear armed country has their ICBMs pointed at one another, just waiting. The second another nation's missiles launch, the other nations will have an "excuse" to attack. Basically, if another country wanted to, the US could be wiped off the face of the earth with the press of a button (hypothetically of course). After the first attack, nations would fill the sky with enough radiation and missiles to destroy life on earth ten times over. There are many countries right now, hostile ones included, that own and operate nuclear missile batteries with the ability to strike anywhere on the globe. It is only a matter of time before someone decides to set one off.

Last edited by Spl. Durkee on Fri May 15, 2009 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
panic324
Sergeant
Sergeant
panic324

Location : San Francisco Bay Area, Communist Republic of California

PostSubject: Re: Military anyone?   Military anyone? - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2009 2:02 am

Its 'Mutual Assured Destruction' not nuclear. You've got the baaaasic idea right though, Hypothetically, of course. However, we've sort of pulled back from brinkmanship since the Soviet Union collapsed, so Nuclear war and Mutual Assured Destruction is a lower possibility than it used to be. However I do believe we have to give North Korea a slap across the knuckles pretty soon.

EDIT: That's also one of the reasons we're so worried about an unstable region in Pakistan. They used to obtain Nukes from the old Soviet Union, many of which are still largely unaccounted for. Wonderful. I feel so much safer now.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=674516301&ref=profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Military anyone?   Military anyone? - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Military anyone?
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next