Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Military anyone?

Go down 
+29
JARHEAD
S.T.O.R.M. Airsoft
mgunner564
Spl. Durkee
Satan
AFU
wymansailor1
Painkiller
aveenvp
p51dmustang
elementfrvr
panic324
Jman
LaserSailorRy
N.O.Saints
.25 Gram Sniper
Russ
March_ARB
djstasevich
slob212
xXAirsoftAmatuerXx
killyouno5
Bigboyee1992
Alabama_Sniper
JamillaTheKilla
M14 double-taps
Lone Wolf
sticks.13
USMC-HENDLER
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
sticks.13

Military anyone? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Military anyone?   Military anyone? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 8:37 pm

Killyouon5: My brother is considering a major in psychology. He reallly like psychology 101. I think its a sweet major...

The more I look into the USAF the more I like it. If I get into AF JROTC they said they have a training plan that would help me become a PJ. I don't know if I got in but the guy was really excited about having me there.

Oh and DT, the first two years of West Point are free. If you don't like the military you can leave after those two years. The last two years are paid, and you have to serve for another 3(?) years in the ARMY. The tuition is not bad at all. Its about the same as any other major college(ie. OSU, Penn State, KYU, etc etc).

sticks
Back to top Go down
killyouno5
Major
Major
killyouno5

PostSubject: Re: Military anyone?   Military anyone? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 10:56 pm

Ya I want to become a negotiator or street cop but if the time comes and we do go to war for some reason I would join rather than be forced just because it is the right thing to do but I was also looking at being a MP in the army just so I will more likely get hired as a police officer later on in life.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=567300653
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Military anyone?   Military anyone? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 10:59 pm

I want to go into a surveilance type career
I just applied for a local surveilance job at best buy, a good start. It said you had to be at least 16, I qualify :>
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
p51dmustang
Corporal
Corporal
p51dmustang

PostSubject: Re: Military anyone?   Military anyone? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 3:10 pm

I want to be in a AWACS trying to help those of you in the fighter jets
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: Military anyone?   Military anyone? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2009 10:17 pm

AWACS?

I'm seriously looking into CSAR(Combat Search And Rescue) units in all the military branches. USAF PJ's look like the best trained from what I have seen.

HOORAY SF PIPELINE! Laughing

sticks
Back to top Go down
p51dmustang
Corporal
Corporal
p51dmustang

PostSubject: Re: Military anyone?   Military anyone? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 05, 2009 11:03 pm

Airborne Warning and Control System (A.W.A.C.S.)
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

PostSubject: Re: Military anyone?   Military anyone? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 10:28 pm

sticks.13 wrote:
AWACS?

I'm seriously looking into CSAR(Combat Search And Rescue) units in all the military branches.
sticks

Thats cool, You could qualify for the 160th if you do do CSAR. I considered CSAR for a few months. The thing about them is, if you are a member, you NEVER want to HAVE to be used, but then again you always want to do your job and sort of help your buddies out. But If you are a CSAR you never want to be called in, because that means something has gone wrong, but then again you want to get into the fight. See what I'm saying? Hard to describe.
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

PostSubject: Re: Military anyone?   Military anyone? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 10:31 pm

sticks.13 wrote:

Oh and DT, the first two years of West Point are free. If you don't like the military you can leave after those two years. The last two years are paid, and you have to serve for another 3(?) years in the ARMY. The tuition is not bad at all. Its about the same as any other major college(ie. OSU, Penn State, KYU, etc etc).

sticks

Sticks, You have made my day. what are you saying about serving three years? I am obviously planning on serving either way, but are you saying if you pay and stay the other two years, 3 years of service in the Army is mandatory? Just curious. Like I said I plan oon serving anyways.
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: Military anyone?   Military anyone? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2009 11:52 pm

yeah 3 years post ROTC, and West Point are mandatory. You graduate a 2nd LT and during that 3 years you will probably make CPT. Also you need to be recommended by a Senator to get in. So I suggest you get on someone campaign trail or something.

sticks

Last edited by sticks.13 on Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
aveenvp
Major
Major
aveenvp

PostSubject: Re: Military anyone?   Military anyone? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 8:35 pm

Its F-22 raptor. and I am currently considering becoming a police sniper
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

PostSubject: Re: Military anyone?   Military anyone? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 9:32 pm

sticks.13 wrote:
Also you need to be recommended by a Senator to get in. So I suggest you get on someone campaign trail or something.

sticks

How would I do this?! scratch
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: Military anyone?   Military anyone? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 10:08 pm

IDK, never really tried. But best guess is you would email/write a Senator(there are specific guidelines about how you do this, google it before you start writing). Then you maybe have a brunch/dinner/luncheon with him/her. Talk about your dedication, grades, physical characteristics, political alliances, maybe some small talk. Ask him/her to recomend you, then pray you get in.

Honestly I would google it, but what I do know for sure is that you probably shouldn't do this until your scouting for schools(near 11th grade).

sticks
Back to top Go down
panic324
Sergeant
Sergeant
panic324

Location : San Francisco Bay Area, Communist Republic of California

PostSubject: Re: Military anyone?   Military anyone? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 12:59 am

^ Uh...respectfully, don't do that.

Like Sticks said, you do have to obtain a nomination from your Congressman or the VP of the US. To do that you need to call up the Congressional staffer and get an application. You're going to need to schedule an interview with a panel picked by the congressman and be ready to be GRILLED. You don't need to know your congressman personally or even be of the same political views. You just need to put your best foot forward and pray that you're the best qualified for the nomination.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=674516301&ref=profile
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

PostSubject: Re: Military anyone?   Military anyone? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 7:22 pm

panic324 wrote:
^ Uh...respectfully, don't do that.

Like Sticks said, you do have to obtain a nomination from your Congressman or the VP of the US. To do that you need to call up the Congressional staffer and get an application. You're going to need to schedule an interview with a panel picked by the congressman and be ready to be GRILLED. You don't need to know your congressman personally or even be of the same political views. You just need to put your best foot forward and pray that you're the best qualified for the nomination.

What exactly do you mean by this? am I going to be cursed oput or something? I'm so confused.
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: Military anyone?   Military anyone? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 6:23 pm

Yeah just got my first recruitment junkmail stuff today. 1 from the USMC, 1 from the NAVY, and 2 from the ARMY(1 was for the reserves though).

I haven't signed anything yet! I kinda find it funny that I applied for a USAF program in school next year and I haven't gotten a single thing from them. Weird yes?

So what did everyone else get today? lol

sticks
Back to top Go down
Painkiller
Private
Private
Painkiller

PostSubject: Re: Military anyone?   Military anyone? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2009 8:36 pm

I signed up for the Army Reserves, but was permanently disqualified without waiver for a hearing loss. That was in 1991 right after Desert Storm, and my recruiter told me I would breeze right in despite my hearing loss since I was going for a medical position. Moral of the story...never believe a recruiter.

I still ended up as a medic, and I still fly any way.
Back to top Go down
wymansailor1
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Military anyone?   Military anyone? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 12:13 pm

Im in the Navy in the Nuclear Propulsion feild. Im a submariner and I love. No offence my devil dog but if you sign for a job in the Navy we contract you in for it so its a grauntee, you just need to have the intelligence for your job of the physical requirements for jobs such as our S.E.A.L.S. I got a brother whose in the Core he went infantry and he enjoys it most of the time. He complains alot but hes a grunt it goes with the job. Im glade so see so many guys here who are in or thinking of elisting. Really once you find the job you want its great. Like me I didnt even know about the Nuclear field before I joined and I was to I prequalled for it. I wanted to be a fighter pilot thinking that was the top technical job and fast paced. Let me tell you where im at im never bored. And hey if you guys got any questions on the Navy or the Marine Core Ill be glade to answer them(Ill ask my brother for the marine stuff just to be sure im not missing something).
And I can help with the Academies I went to the Naval Academy to become an officer, so I can help with your nominations and other questions. Just pm me or post and Ill help you guys out.
Back to top Go down
AFU
AFU

PostSubject: Re: Military anyone?   Military anyone? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2009 1:44 pm

sticks13 wrote:
Yeah just got my first recruitment junkmail stuff today. 1 from the USMC, 1 from the NAVY, and 2 from the ARMY(1 was for the reserves though).

The army contacts me monthly MONTHLY and sometimes two or three times now.

They will never give up!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Salkand
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: Military anyone?   Military anyone? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 5:51 pm

Just got my letter of Confirmation from my career center. I got into USAF JROTC!!!!!

Basically I take the JROTC class in the morning and in the afternoon I take my normal core classes(science, math, english, and history). Pretty cool eh? I got to wear a uniform, have PT, Ranks, little MOS', and they are going to teach Aerospace Aerodynamics in the class too... I don't want to fly but that sounds really cool.

Anyone ever done something like this? I know the ARMY and the Navy both have their own programs, but they are after school things.

sticks
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

PostSubject: Re: Military anyone?   Military anyone? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2009 7:02 pm

Sticks, that sounds GREAT!! I hope you enjoy it and fill me in on any good info you pick up or any cool stuff that happens. cheers
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: Military anyone?   Military anyone? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 6:43 am

Congrats Sticks !!!!

Most of the JROTC programs are developed to fulfill two Missions, First and foremost to give the individual a taste of what they can expect if they decide to continue with the Program, Second, to identify what area or specialties the Student is best capable and qualified for.

Later if you decide to continue with the ROTC program you will be asked and required to fill out a `` Dream Sheet īī, What Field do you want to work in ?, Logistics, Administration, Legal, Medical, Combat Arms.....

The reason for the Dream Sheet is to narrow down the skills and classes that you will need in order to qualify for the Job you want to do. A little tip, Donīt lock yourself into just one field, Spread out your Choices, ie. Computer Technology, Avionic Development, FATC Operations, by spreading out your choices, you open up more Fields, and your schooling and training will be more complete. There are lots of little details that your Career Counselor, Recruiter, and Teachers donīt tell you, regardless of how nice, Friendly or helpful they are, you are still just a number.

Once you have signed the contract you are locked in, the Swearing In Ceremony, is just that, a Ceremony, the contract that you sign is what is legally binding, and something to keep in mind while you are studying. if you Sign on to be an Officer in ATC Operations, and for what ever reasons are unable to fulfill or complete the requirements of the course, you will be assigned in accordance with the `` Needs īī of the Branch ( the same applies to Enlisted ). If you should fail to meet the requirements or get bounced from the OTC/OCS program, you will be assigned as Enlisted, another little detail they leave out.

Like PainKiller said, Never Trust the Recruiter, Career Counselor and so on, try to find people that are doing the job, talk to them, get the small and fine details. You will have fewer bad surprises later.

All together Now !!!!

My Recruiter told me a Lie,
He said Join the Airborne, Learn to Fly !!!

La la laaa, La la laaa, Laughing
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: Military anyone?   Military anyone? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 7:46 pm

slob212 wrote:
Congrats Sticks !!!!

Most of the JROTC programs are developed to fulfill two Missions, First and foremost to give the individual a taste of what they can expect if they decide to continue with the Program, Second, to identify what area or specialties the Student is best capable and qualified for.

Thanks!

Yeah the Major in charge of my "squadron" said that this was not a program that would not be a launch into the Military. I think that was just something to calm the parents down. I don't know yet though, but what I do know is upon completing this program I can graduate with a few things that will advance my Military career in a major way.

slob212 wrote:
Later if you decide to continue with the ROTC program you will be asked and required to fill out a `` Dream Sheet īī, What Field do you want to work in ?, Logistics, Administration, Legal, Medical, Combat Arms.....

I don't know if I want to continue with ROTC or get a education and try OCS/OTS.... I heard that ROTC graduates rarely get combat positions, which would kill all of the fields I want to get into.... Is this true?

Quote :
The reason for the Dream Sheet is to narrow down the skills and classes that you will need in order to qualify for the Job you want to do. A little tip, Donīt lock yourself into just one field, Spread out your Choices, ie. Computer Technology, Avionic Development, FATC Operations, by spreading out your choices, you open up more Fields, and your schooling and training will be more complete. There are lots of little details that your Career Counselor, Recruiter, and Teachers donīt tell you, regardless of how nice, Friendly or helpful they are, you are still just a number.

Good info, never knew about the "Dream Sheet". But from what other Vets/enlisted/CO's have told me, you really need to fight to recruitment officer to get the positions that you want. Most of them said it was like talking to a Car salesmen.... they told me to call his BS too as they get bonuses per candidate they sign up...

Quote :
Once you have signed the contract you are locked in, the Swearing In Ceremony, is just that, a Ceremony, the contract that you sign is what is legally binding, and something to keep in mind while you are studying. if you Sign on to be an Officer in ATC Operations, and for what ever reasons are unable to fulfill or complete the requirements of the course, you will be assigned in accordance with the `` Needs īī of the Branch ( the same applies to Enlisted ). If you should fail to meet the requirements or get bounced from the OTC/OCS program, you will be assigned as Enlisted, another little detail they leave out.

Didn't know about the ROTC failure thing, more great info. Thanks!

Quote :
Like PainKiller said, Never Trust the Recruiter, Career Counselor and so on, try to find people that are doing the job, talk to them, get the small and fine details. You will have fewer bad surprises later.

I'm pretty lucky to be surrounded by allot of service members. Airsoft helps allot to as far as exposure goes. I guarantee you if I went into a recruitment office right now I would be cleaning toilets somewhere(if I was 18, and not that Sanitation isn't an important job!)

Quote :
All together Now !!!!

My Recruiter told me a Lie,
He said Join the Airborne, Learn to Fly !!!

La la laaa, La la laaa, Laughing

Lol, nice song you got there....

DT, I'll let you know how it goes. I know we might be able to do a little flying(OSU airport is a stones throw from my house, which opens up allot of opportunities). I may even be taking a few pics of the awesome new school we get to use! of coarse I might have to post a few of them here.

sticks
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: Military anyone?   Military anyone? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 6:51 pm

A little bit more information for you,

If you should receive a bonus, you are locked into that job for the period of your enlistment.

Letīs say you sign up for FATC OPS for an enlistment period of 6 years, receive an enlistment bonus of 4A, approx. 20,000$, you have locked yourself into that field for the entire time, no way out. You may find that FATC is just not High Speed enough for you and want to give SPEC OPS a shot, sorry no dice.
I believe the office side of the house has the option of paying back the bonus first, then they can give it a go, School, Selection, Probation ( I think its a period of 18 months ), then the other rules and laws apply, if you donīt make it you will be assigned in accordance with the Needs of the service.
You said that you have contact sources, Pump them for all the Information available, especially the ones that are on their second or third Hitch, most of the fine details you learn about after your first Tour.

The USAF definitely has itīs benefits !!!!!! Twisted Evil

Military anyone? - Page 4 2150927image003
Back to top Go down
Satan
Major
Major
Satan

PostSubject: Re: Military anyone?   Military anyone? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2009 10:49 pm

Its the SEALS for me "Watch your language" yeah. My dads one freind was in so many black ops as a sniper, in a sqaud like everything.
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: Military anyone?   Military anyone? - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 6:49 am

and this person told you that ???
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Military anyone?   Military anyone? - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Military anyone?
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next