Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Military anyone?

Go down 
+29
JARHEAD
S.T.O.R.M. Airsoft
mgunner564
Spl. Durkee
Satan
AFU
wymansailor1
Painkiller
aveenvp
p51dmustang
elementfrvr
panic324
Jman
LaserSailorRy
N.O.Saints
.25 Gram Sniper
Russ
March_ARB
djstasevich
slob212
xXAirsoftAmatuerXx
killyouno5
Bigboyee1992
Alabama_Sniper
JamillaTheKilla
M14 double-taps
Lone Wolf
sticks.13
USMC-HENDLER
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

Military anyone? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Military anyone?   Military anyone? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 4:54 pm

That sounds like a good plan I am either going to do that or train at the airforce academy and fly F-22A's , I wouldn't wanna be like a Marine because they are constantly wondereing whether or not they'll die before next next day comes due to militia .
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/alabamaairsoft
March_ARB
Corporal
Corporal
March_ARB

PostSubject: Re: Military anyone?   Military anyone? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 2:05 am

Alabama_Sniper wrote:
I am actually considering joining the Airforce , or the army as a surgeon I haven't decided yet . I would love to drive an F-28 Raptor or a B- 2 Bomber , but , prefferably the F-28 Raptor . Either way I would get a great education .

F-22. I know a guy that flies one but he is like never home. He just sits in the pattern all day at his homebase!
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/75thairsoftranger
Russ
Corporal
Corporal
Russ

PostSubject: Re: Military anyone?   Military anyone? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 11:21 pm

i might join the national gaurd when i turn 18, but thats 4 yrs, so who knows
Back to top Go down
.25 Gram Sniper
Major
Major
.25 Gram Sniper

PostSubject: Re: Military anyone?   Military anyone? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 6:26 pm

I've already got it all planned out. My parents don't know yet but I'm pretty sure my Dad is guessing that I'm leaning to the military. At 18 I'm going to join the Marine Corps and try my best to be a sniper.I will join the Marines because America has given me so many things,now its my turn to give back to her. cheers
Back to top Go down
http://theairsoftsniper.com
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: Military anyone?   Military anyone? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 8:48 pm

Something really cool just happened to me,

I was getting lectured today about a career center(trade school for high schoolers), and next year their going to offer full blown Airforce ROTC. I was talking o my neighbor who was a Captain in the airforce for 4 years. He said during both OTS(officer training school) and ROTC they had people transfer branches. That means I can transfer my ROTC credits to the Army during collage. Basically I will take the first 2 years of ROTC in HS then take the last 2 years at columbus state(2 year community collage with 23,000 students, not really a community collage because most of the professors are ex OSU professors).

Hooray for being on commission!!

sticks
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Military anyone?   Military anyone? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 9:18 pm

It takes alot to fly the F-22A , 300 hours of flying in an F-15 or F-16 fighter plane , and at least about five or six practice flights in the Raptor under heavy supervision , and not to mention the college degree .
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Military anyone?   Military anyone? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 10:01 pm

Not to mention the numerous number of people trying to apply for the FA-22 squadrons. Not to be pessimistic, but the air force does have a prestigious hierarchy you really have to show your dedication, put in %150 not just %110, and practically love it like you do airsoft.
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: Military anyone?   Military anyone? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 10:49 pm

Not to mention so far the F22 has zero combat flight time.....

We build great machines then we don't use them! Wheres the fun in that?

A_S I think you just need to take OTS or ROTC to fly panes. Well that and ATLEAST 20/20 vision.

kk my dream crushing is done for the day.

sticks
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

PostSubject: Re: Military anyone?   Military anyone? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 5:45 pm

sticks.13 wrote:
Something really cool just happened to me,

I was getting lectured today about a career center(trade school for high schoolers), and next year their going to offer full blown Airforce ROTC. I was talking o my neighbor who was a Captain in the airforce for 4 years. He said during both OTS(officer training school) and ROTC they had people transfer branches. That means I can transfer my ROTC credits to the Army during collage. Basically I will take the first 2 years of ROTC in HS then take the last 2 years at columbus state(2 year community collage with 23,000 students, not really a community collage because most of the professors are ex OSU professors).

Hooray for being on commission!!

sticks

Are you thinking of being in the AirForce?? Because I have wanted to be in the Army, airborne infantry, (Paratroopers) for quite sometime. Well, an AirForce recruiter was at our school, and hes convincing me to "Step into the blue" I'm still looking at jumping out of planes, however. Cool I'm looking into becoming a combat controller, first on the ground!! Any nybody know anything else I should know?
Back to top Go down
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: Military anyone?   Military anyone? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 12:26 am

Yeah,
The airforce is notoriously good to their soldiers; even better then that Marines. By good what i mean is they get MRE's/hot food in fast and never run out of them. Good sleeping quarters, mediocre armorers though(they were meant to fly planes, so this is understanded). They have funny names for their M4's. Oh and they just copy everything the Army does for uniforms.

Smile

sticks
Back to top Go down
N.O.Saints
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Military anyone?   Military anyone? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 7:38 pm

I really want to go to Annapolis, and then be a marine for what ever the required time is coming out of the academy. Hopefully, I can get a degree in weapons engineering, and build weapons as a private contractor to the military. Smile
Back to top Go down
LaserSailorRy
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Military anyone?   Military anyone? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 11:37 pm

I served 4 years in the Navy, my rate(MOS) was Master at Arms (Military Police). I got out as an E5, and am now going to college majoring in Microbiology (in respect to bio weapons), I'll be applying to the FBI upon graduation.

djstasevich wrote:
I plan on joining the army to go to West Point to go through medical courses and basic training so I don't have to pay for collage for my future job in the medical world.

I looked at becoming an M.D. for a long time. I researched the Military's Med School, here is wat I found that may apply to you.

If you want to be an Army Doc, you need to complete the following in college PRIOR to applying to the Uniformed Services University School of Medicine:

1 Full year od Biology w/ 1 full year of Bio Lab
1 Full Year of Inorganic Chemistry w/ 1 full year of chem lab
1 Full Year of Organic Chemistry w/ 1 full year of O-Chem Lab
1 Full year of Physics w/ 1 full year of physics lab
1 Full year of college level english
1 Full semester of Calculus

and have a 4 year degree

You do not go to West Point, you go to college then apply to the Military's Medical School. You can pick out of three branches to serve in, Army, AirForce or Navy. Actually you get to list your preferences in order and they pick for you.

Quote :
They have funny names for their M4's.

Having handled every small arm the Navy offers (outside of Seals) I can speak to this.

Maybe that's beacause it's not an M4 exactly. Remember there are variants of the M16 that look exactly like an M4. The M727 is an M16A3 reciever with a shortened barrel and a collapsable stock. The M4 is meant for infantry and SpecOps, most other users will get a modded M16, like I did. BTW there is no real difference between the M4 and the M727, just that one is built around a M16 reciever.

Quote :
I really want to go to Annapolis, and then be a marine for what ever the required time is coming out of the academy. Hopefully, I can get a degree in weapons engineering, and build weapons as a private contractor to the military.

Have a buddy who is now in the Naval Academy, here's what he says.

4 years of service minimun upon graduation from the Naval Academy. You need to start networking now and make sure your high school grades are outstanding. There are several ways into Annapolis, you can just apply, get a letter from your congressmen (recommended), have a father who has won the Medal of Honor, or get a Presidental letter. Then it's 4 years of school followed by 4 years of service. The Academy offers courses in engineering, what you do with that degree depends on you. What kind of weapons are you talking about? Small Arms? Rockets and Missiles? Nuclear Weapons? Each requires a different skill set and education.

Last edited by LaserSailorRy on Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Military anyone?   Military anyone? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2008 11:44 pm

Airforce fighters have always gotten my attention , I would love to fly the F-22a .
Back to top Go down
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: Military anyone?   Military anyone? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 12:21 am

LSSR: I was talking about their coding for their firarms think its something like GoP5 or something for the ariel crew backup weapon(M4). Thats really cool to know though about the Navy weapons and their different constructions. By chance does the M727 have any relation to the Army's M733? Or the M933?

sticks
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

PostSubject: Re: Military anyone?   Military anyone? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 1:51 pm

Anybody know anything specifically about combat controllers? I'm hooked and trying to soak up as much info as I can
Back to top Go down
N.O.Saints
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Military anyone?   Military anyone? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 3:02 pm

[quote]What kind of weapons are you talking about? Small Arms? Rockets and Missiles? Nuclear Weapons? Each requires a different skill set and education.
Im not completly sure on which specific type of weapon right now, but I am definitely leaning towards small arms.
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: Military anyone?   Military anyone? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 4:39 pm

taps,

A Combat Controller is almost the same thing as a Forward Observer for the Artillery, except you use planes, A Combat controller can find his/herself assinged to forward operating units, base camps, or In the Rear with the Gear, depending on thier level of experiance. An example would be from the movie, We were Soldiers once, and young. You direct incomming aircraft to deliver whatever package they are carring to the targets you designate.

You might want to consider Para-Rescue, or even try for Spec-Ops in the Air Force ( Yes, the Air Force also has its own Operators ), they don´t always count on the Marines, Army, or Navy for special Jobs.
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Military anyone?   Military anyone? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 5:17 pm

It depends. The airforce can do whats called a hot-drop in rough areas. or as you guysess know the infamous HALO jumps.
But the airforce also has the best schools in the states. IN fact I know a kid who is going to one of them...possibly.
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
Jman
Sergeant
Sergeant
Jman

PostSubject: Re: Military anyone?   Military anyone? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2008 11:26 pm

im thinking about joinging the airforce i have my glider solo licens and going to my powered and i am in CAP so www.cap.gov and am a tec sergent also most of my relitives were in the millitary army, navy/inteligence, airforce
i was planning on doing rotc at the aitfore acadamy and right now i have a gpa of about 4.7 out of 5 (darn spanish) as with me having my glider licens i got the day i turned 14 so it shows conmintmint also i have about 200 hours which is alot fot comercail liners (jets) i think it is one thousand so i have a lot
Back to top Go down
LaserSailorRy
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Military anyone?   Military anyone? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2008 12:55 am

Quote :
LSSR: I was talking about their coding for their firarms think its something like GoP5 or something for the ariel crew backup weapon(M4). Thats really cool to know though about the Navy weapons and their different constructions. By chance does the M727 have any relation to the Army's M733? Or the M933?

sticks

Yep they are both variations on the M16, both use a M16 reciever as a base then just different barrels and stocks.

M733/M933 no real difference between the two, one is based on the M16A2 and the other on the M16A3, One has (safe,semi,full) and the other (safe,semi,3rnd burst)

Military anyone? - Page 3 M733-1

M727, looks just like an M4 , note the lack of detachable carry handle, but has (safe,semi,full) as opposed to (safe,semi, 3 rnd burst) on the M4. The M4A1 has (safe,semi,full) as well.

Military anyone? - Page 3 Colt_m727_11

^^^ My "everyday" weapon minus the flashlight or the scope.
Back to top Go down
panic324
Sergeant
Sergeant
panic324

Location : San Francisco Bay Area, Communist Republic of California

PostSubject: Re: Military anyone?   Military anyone? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 5:01 am

I hate to bring up a dead topic, but rather than make a new one...

I want to go to the Naval Academy and go into Naval Aviation or into the Marine Corps. Since I don't have money for College I plan to enlist in the Marines to take full advantage of my GI Bill and get a degree and my Officer's Commision at the Virginia Military Institute, If I am not accepted into the Academy. If I don't make the Armed Forces a career, I want to serve in the Police Dept. or possibly the Fire Dept.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=674516301&ref=profile
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: Military anyone?   Military anyone? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 4:50 pm

The Academy's sound like a really cool thing! We had an West Point recruiter come through the school the other day. He said they have really cool 'clubs'. His particular club was an actin club, they got to go to a broadway show every other week. He said they also have clubs for sky diving, diving(in the water type), sports, pretty much everything. They get all this stuff for free too.

If you guys can make it I would go even if you don't want to enter the military.

sticks
Back to top Go down
elementfrvr
Captain
Captain
elementfrvr

PostSubject: Re: Military anyone?   Military anyone? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 4:53 pm

I want to join the marines but I am only 13 so I have to wait. Hopefully I will develop discipline by then.
Back to top Go down
M14 double-taps
M14 double-taps

PostSubject: Re: Military anyone?   Military anyone? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 5:29 pm

If I do go to college, It's deffinately West Point for me. Hoping to be in the Airborne Infantry, andam eager as anything to join, right out of Highschool. But I know my parents can't afford it, so I'm pretty much stuck.
Back to top Go down
killyouno5
Major
Major
killyouno5

PostSubject: Re: Military anyone?   Military anyone? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 6:02 pm

Ya I am not interested in going military but I do want to go to University of Norther Colorado so that I can major in criminal justice and phsycology.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=567300653
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Military anyone?   Military anyone? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Military anyone?
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next