Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inThe Airsoft Sniper

Increasing Accuracy

Go down 
+9
l96sniper360
slob212
killyouno5
TheJim
sticks.13
.25 Gram Sniper
Alabama_Sniper
Lone Wolf
Tasada
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tasada
Corporal
Corporal
Tasada

Increasing Accuracy Empty
PostSubject: Increasing Accuracy   Increasing Accuracy Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 5:39 pm

I have a UTG MK96 sniper rifle. I use TSD .28 BBs. I've got my scope zeroes in pretty well and have my hop adjusted perfectly. However, I've noticed that every now and then my BB just completely goes off in the wrong direction. I know it is not wind because I always check to compensate for that and every shot of mine is affected by wind at longer ranges. I was wondering if any of you guys know how I could increase the accuracy of my gun. I've had it for about 4 months and have not put any upgrades into it.
Thanks~
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Increasing Accuracy   Increasing Accuracy Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 5:49 pm

Well you can replace the hop bucking but this could be a matter of just cleaning it regularly.
any kind of grime that builds up in the barrel and hopup will affect the spin of the bb.

If you do decide to buy anything you can get a shark bucking. normally buckings should be universal for every hop up make on the market.

good luck
LW
Back to top Go down
http://ontargetairsoft.com/
Tasada
Corporal
Corporal
Tasada

PostSubject: Re: Increasing Accuracy   Increasing Accuracy Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 6:04 pm

Any tips for cleaning besides just cleaning the barrel with a soft cleaning rod with a tad bit of silicone spray?
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Increasing Accuracy   Increasing Accuracy Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 6:38 pm

not really much else
Back to top Go down
Tasada
Corporal
Corporal
Tasada

PostSubject: Re: Increasing Accuracy   Increasing Accuracy Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 8:27 pm

K thanks
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Increasing Accuracy   Increasing Accuracy Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 8:33 pm

Sometimes you will just have stray shots , airsoft guns can become unreliable at times .
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/alabamaairsoft
.25 Gram Sniper
Major
Major
.25 Gram Sniper

PostSubject: Re: Increasing Accuracy   Increasing Accuracy Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 8:56 pm

Quote :
Sometimes you will just have stray shots , airsoft guns can become unreliable at times .

This happens also with the Well L96 and any other gun. Don't worry. It's not your fault, it's the guns. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://theairsoftsniper.com
sticks.13

PostSubject: Re: Increasing Accuracy   Increasing Accuracy Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 9:01 pm

Well guys, this is actually the fault with clone hop-ups. Almost all of them give occasional "flyers".

There is no easy fix to your problem, if you want you could get an aftermarket APS2 hop-up. but theirs no guarantee it will fit.

http://www.uncompany.com/pageproductdetails.asp?prodid=2218

sticks
Back to top Go down
Tasada
Corporal
Corporal
Tasada

PostSubject: Re: Increasing Accuracy   Increasing Accuracy Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 9:03 pm

I'm not big on internal upgrades anyway.
Back to top Go down
TheJim
Sergeant
Sergeant
TheJim

PostSubject: Re: Increasing Accuracy   Increasing Accuracy Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 9:43 pm

Tasada wrote:
I'm not big on internal upgrades anyway.

Then I must ask- Why did you choose to be a sniper?

Jim
Back to top Go down
.25 Gram Sniper
Major
Major
.25 Gram Sniper

PostSubject: Re: Increasing Accuracy   Increasing Accuracy Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 9:45 pm

Well, not every sniper has to have an upgraded gun. Remember, it doesn't matter about the gun, it matters about the person's skill.
Back to top Go down
http://theairsoftsniper.com
TheJim
Sergeant
Sergeant
TheJim

PostSubject: Re: Increasing Accuracy   Increasing Accuracy Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 9:47 pm

It matters about the gun. Don't be silly.
Back to top Go down
Tasada
Corporal
Corporal
Tasada

PostSubject: Re: Increasing Accuracy   Increasing Accuracy Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 9:49 pm

Well said .25 gram. I said I'm not big on them, not that I'm never going to upgrade a gun of mine internally. As soon as my new scope comes I'm going to use my old Leapers on my ECHO 1 AK for spotting and then probably swap pout some of the internals on that. As far as the MK96 goes I've heard that there aren't many internal upgrades you need for it. Works just fine for my purposes (except for the stray shots I'm getting)
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Increasing Accuracy   Increasing Accuracy Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 10:50 pm

Ok first of all I think that we are being a little tough on him , second of all stray shots are occasional , and .28 grams are as heavy as I would go for bbs .
Back to top Go down
Lone Wolf
General
General
Lone Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Increasing Accuracy   Increasing Accuracy Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 12:14 am

TheJim wrote:
It matters about the gun. Don't be silly.

Thats so wrong it isn't even funny. SNIPING DEPENDS on the accuracy of a gun. HOWEVER a good player's skill and experience should allow them to make hits with ANY gun. even a $3 springer pistol. Role wise, yes. player, no

You can be limited, but a good player must sometimes make do with those limits.

Don't worry I see your controversy, now you see mine.
Back to top Go down
killyouno5
Major
Major
killyouno5

PostSubject: Re: Increasing Accuracy   Increasing Accuracy Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 12:32 am

wast there a poll on a good player with a bad gun or a bad player with a good gun?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=567300653
Tasada
Corporal
Corporal
Tasada

PostSubject: Re: Increasing Accuracy   Increasing Accuracy Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 1:24 am

I can make the shots with my gun pretty well, the post is just to try and find out why my gun is making these bs shots that just seem to go left or right for no apparent reason and how to cut back on it.

No need to get into some huge controversey about sniper's skill.

But if you ask me it is the skill and experience that makes a sniper.

Say I were to use my friend's sniper. I would shoot at a target maybe 10 times and then I would be able to use the gun in a fight because I know how it acts. I could become good with any gun, and my sniper is better than most guns.
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: Increasing Accuracy   Increasing Accuracy Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 6:57 am

Hi Tasada,

What most AirSoft players usualy overlook is thier Quality of BBīs !!! It is quite amazing as to the amount of money that is spent on replacement parts so that a ``Playerīī has better accuracy, when the same thing could have been acheived when a better quality of BB was used.

Donīt worry most players make this mistake. Very Happy If you are happy with the quality of BBīs that you are using, then chances are you just had a bad BB, Floaters/Strays do happen in AirSoft, even with the Best quality BBīs, all you need is a little dent in the BB and the flight characteristics change.

A way to reduce this is to inspect all your BBīs ( real time consuming ) or build yourself a BB Proof Stand, get a good Tight Bore inner barrel ( 6,01 ) and run your BBīs through it, if they hang they are no longer completly round and will go astray. I would only reccomend doing this though, if you are using a really top end set up.

Accept the Floaters/Strays, a missed shot ads excitement

Very Happy Twisted Evil Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Alabama_Sniper
Colonel
Colonel

PostSubject: Re: Increasing Accuracy   Increasing Accuracy Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 8:19 pm

Agreed with out misses , how fun would airsoft be . Seriously , if every one always hit their target that they were aiming at then wars would be cut short by hours . Anyway , I also agreed because the quality of bbs is over looked greatly , and I myself am also guilty of doing this .
Back to top Go down
TheJim
Sergeant
Sergeant
TheJim

PostSubject: Re: Increasing Accuracy   Increasing Accuracy Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2008 9:10 pm

You seem to have misunderstood me.

Someone stated- the gun doesn't matter

This, for airsoft (and sniping in particular) is totally false.
Of course the skill of the player matters more than the quality of the gun, HOWEVER!

-The gun you use must be well maintained
-It must be well suited for your purposes
-It must have the necessary upgrades.

-If your gun isn't well cleaned and lubricated regularly, you won't get as good performance.
-If you're using a large-framed AEG with a low ROF for CQB, or a short-barreled SMG for woodland, you're not going to last- I don't care what you say- no one is skillful enough to win a firefight in a CQB environment using an M14 when your opponent has an MP5- you simply can't get it round the corners or into your shoulder as quickly, and target acquisition using the iron sights is meant for longer range.
-If you're sniper rifle can't outrange an AEG, then there is no point in sniping.

It matters more about the player- but keep in mind that it matters a "Watch your language" of a lot about your gun- specifically the time and effort you put into maintaining, tweaking and upgrading it. That's why the first thing I do when I get my new gun isn't go and fire it- I take it apart, see how it works, reassemble it and test it, then, if necessary, tweak the internals to my liking.

To claim that a player with superior skill and a spring pistol could beat a novice with an average AEG is just total bollocks- provided the AEG player can look down iron sights, they will be able to engage you at longer range and with superior firepower.

Jim
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: Increasing Accuracy   Increasing Accuracy Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 7:41 am

Easy Jim, Easy,
No need to blow a gasket here Very Happy

Most of what you say is true, A well maintained and properly tuned gun will lead to greater success on the Playing Field, But how often have you come accross players that state thier gun is tuned with so and so Parts, this TB, that Motor, Whatīs his name Hop-Up Buckling, and they are shooting at a 550 FPS, but canīt hit the ground if they tried because they are using sub-standard Munition.

The point that i was trying to make was, most players spend an enormous amount of cash tuning thir guns, getting everything just the way they want, but overlook the smalles of details, my example was BBīs, and in reality it could be any number of things, but most often itīs the small stuff that is forggoten.

Quote :
To claim that a player with superior skill and a spring pistol could beat a novice with an average AEG is just total bollocks- provided the AEG player can look down iron sights, they will be able to engage you at longer range and with superior firepower.

Here I will dis agree outright with you, The superior player will know right away that he/she is at a disadvantage and will use all the skills they possess to win, in a long range duel, the NOOB with the AEG has the clear advantage, but in a tactical fight, moving correctly and useing every advantage, I would place my money on the Player with more experiance and skills. I would go so far as to say the Experianced Player would win 7 out of 10 times.
Back to top Go down
TheJim
Sergeant
Sergeant
TheJim

PostSubject: Re: Increasing Accuracy   Increasing Accuracy Icon_minitimeThu Nov 20, 2008 6:48 pm

Hmm. I think when it's at the extreme that the experienced player may as well be unarmed (cheap spring pistols won't reach 25ft!) Then no amount of stealth and tactics will save them from such superior firepower.

I'm not having a go at anyone- or getting angry, so I don't know where you got that from, I am simply saying that to say that the gun doesn't matter is just incorrect. If this was the case, an experienced player wouldn't need to spend the amounts of money that they do on good guns, upgrades and cosmetic parts.

Jima
Back to top Go down
slob212
slob212

PostSubject: Re: Increasing Accuracy   Increasing Accuracy Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 12:53 am

I cheap springer would be real hard to use, Iīll give you that,

But how about this, why is it that we tune our guns ?
To have an advantage on the Playing Field,
To be on the same level as our opponents, same range, accuracy, ROF.

As the level and experiance of Players increases, so does the performance of thier Weapons, and as thier weapon performance gets better, we tune to keep up with the compition.
Back to top Go down
l96sniper360
Private
Private
l96sniper360

PostSubject: Re: Increasing Accuracy   Increasing Accuracy Icon_minitimeMon Dec 29, 2008 6:32 pm

all of you are right!, sniping does depend on the snipers skill, but so does the accuracy of the gun, the sniper relies on his gun, but the gun also relies on the sniper!!!!! (sorry for getting so deep about it)
Back to top Go down
panaboard
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Increasing Accuracy   Increasing Accuracy Icon_minitimeWed Dec 31, 2008 12:33 am

Hi,
Which type of BB bullet do you use? A sniper rifle normally uses at least 0.20g to 0.28g BB to maintain nice trajectory. Do not use 0.12g BB as it's too light and easily leeway.

Beginner
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Increasing Accuracy   Increasing Accuracy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Increasing Accuracy
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next